EA Forums - Banner

So are you people ready to admit that Squidport is a horrible update?

Replies

• VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited June 2013
    Why so negative?
  • jazzthierry
    293 posts
    edited June 2013
    The wacking day update was horrible and the squidport update is horrible too !!! They won't let us buy boardwalk building, we pay for it ! Shame on you EA !!
  • VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited June 2013
    The wacking day update was horrible and the squidport update is horrible too !!! They won't let us buy boardwalk building, we pay for it ! Shame on you EA !!

Don't play it then.
  • IBeABookPirate
    27 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I don't think Squidport was a horrible update at all. I find it kind of refreshing that we now have an expansion that doesn't have a time limit. I feel I can just relax and have fun with it as it grows instead of thinking "OMG, I have to get this done RIGHT NOW" like with the limited time stuff, which would always leave me frustrated because I've never been able to finish any of the limited time things.

If people think it's so horrible then there is always the option of not playing and spending your hard-earned money elsewhere.
  • VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited June 2013
    I don't think Squidport was a horrible update at all. I find it kind of refreshing that we now have an expansion that doesn't have a time limit. I feel I can just relax and have fun with it as it grows instead of thinking "OMG, I have to get this done RIGHT NOW" like with the limited time stuff, which would always leave me frustrated because I've never been able to finish any of the limited time things.

If people think it's so horrible then there is always the option of not playing and spending your hard-earned money elsewhere.

RDJBhQM.jpg
    :mrgreen:
  • IBeABookPirate
    27 posts Member
    edited June 2013

RDJBhQM.jpg
    :mrgreen:

Thank you :D
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited June 2013
    So, the complaint here is that there is to much new content, and you lack the patience to wait for boardwalk tiles, or the money to pay for your instant gratification.

Soooooo.......

Update = free , plentiful

You = Cheap, impatient

So which is horrible? The update, or YOU?
  • show416
    28 posts
    edited June 2013
    Just **** and play the game. **** is the matter with all these whiners? It's getting tiring
  • gregbuc350
    198 posts Member
    edited June 2013

I was going to say something similar, but your words nailed it. Thanks. Good job! I like the slower pace now. Less stress and I can get my town designed without the rush of a Whacking Day event!
  • Jeebus42
    246 posts
    edited June 2013
    I am, and would reccomend, enjoying the pace of this update.
    Those who speed through it will be the same ones winging in July about the lack of a "new" update.
    Judging by the pace EA has set for Squidport, they're taking the summer off, and this is what we get to play with until school resumes in August.
    Milk it for all it's worth, I say. :mrgreen:
  • lll3lucky
    543 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm glad it's not like Whacking Day. I have time to enjoy my Summer and not be bothered with logging in all the time :) Sure...the tiles are a bit tedious and a few I let get down in price before speeding up, just so I have room to build a few things. Overall, I am not dissatisfied with the update. I can go and have my own real life fun in the sun at my Squidport and still enjoy TSTO when I get back :):)
  • scruple02
    43 posts
    edited June 2013
    Turnkee123 wrote:
    WillWWhite wrote:
    Personally I'm really enjoying the update! It's a nice, long chain, sure, but it's actually more satisfying if you're *not* speeding things along. I will probably buy some of the premium stuff eventually, but if you're updating your boardwalk crafting whenever it's up, it builds at a rate that's just about right to match the main quest line.

Not sure why everyone is in such a hurry to blow through updates as fast as possible. It's a long form game, best enjoyed in small bursts throughout the day, not long marathon play sessions. I'm having fun with Squidport much, much more than I was the frenzy of Wacking Day, for example :)

I agree that it's much better than Whacking Day but I think having to wait X amount of hours for the boardwalk tiles is lousy. I'm at the 24 hour tile and I certainly hope that this is the longest wait for a tile.

I am on "1day and 12 hours" tiles :(
  • day2204
    94 posts
    edited June 2013
    Other than the time it takes for tiles to build, it's fine. I think 24 hour builds for the tiles should be the max, and simply just make them more costly (i.e. the tiles should cost 25-50k apiece at the 90+ mark instead of taking 72-84 hrs a piece). I'd rather have a nice boardwalk set out (that I don't have to keep redesigning as I go) and then take awhile to fill it with shops. The slow tile pace may encourage more hacking, IMO, which will really be a detriment to EA. the people who already have full boardwalks and and all the premium items, you definitely know most of them have hacked games, who's dropping $500 on this game in one week? :roll:
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited June 2013
    Why so negative?

Saw this and only thought.......

tumblr_m43ez8ohHS1qlilguo1_500.gif
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited June 2013
    Best part of squidport update for me is not squidport itself but the beach! Love it!! Duff beach party baby! So thanks to ea for the update! :D
  • paul1604
    1 posts
    edited June 2013
    I have been a dedicated player since Day 1. Squidport is a GREAT update (Glad to see the ocean being used) as I looked daily since Wacking Day ended (boy that one was a struggle) NOW ... I visit my OTHER Springfield friends for loot and noticed someone had a complete Squidport built. Raise you hand if you dislike the 'jail-breakers' of the App world. I was amazed, but like come on... is that fair?

I agree with many others to take your time building Squidport... nothing is timed... nice easy quests. ect ect ect.
    Oh and does anyone else have issues on 'acepting' other Springfield friends ? ? ? I get an error message and have not been able to expand to other Springfield worlds.
  • Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited June 2013
    paul1604 wrote:
    I have been a dedicated player since Day 1. Squidport is a GREAT update (Glad to see the ocean being used) as I looked daily since Wacking Day ended (boy that one was a struggle) NOW ... I visit my OTHER Springfield friends for loot and noticed someone had a complete Squidport built. Raise you hand if you dislike the 'jail-breakers' of the App world. I was amazed, but like come on... is that fair?

I agree with many others to take your time building Squidport... nothing is timed... nice easy quests. ect ect ect.
    Oh and does anyone else have issues on 'acepting' other Springfield friends ? ? ? I get an error message and have not been able to expand to other Springfield worlds.

Not everyone with a complete squidport has Hacked. don't forget people can buy donuts and yes some people can afford to do that and have every right to spend their money as they see fit.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited June 2013
    I really like the update tbh :) nice to have the beach area and the boardwalk :)

Im even getting tasks for all different characters now too :)
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited June 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I really like the update tbh :) nice to have the beach area and the boardwalk :)

+1

Loads of new shops and decorations. Ok the boardwalk generation is annoying but it does mean you aren't finished within 2 weeks like normal updates.
    Ok there are a few glitches but they'll get ironed out (hopefully) with a patch next week
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited June 2013
    mpwarner wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

+1

Loads of new shops and decorations. Ok the boardwalk generation is annoying but it does mean you aren't finished within 2 weeks like normal updates.
    Ok there are a few glitches but they'll get ironed out (hopefully) with a patch next week

The glitches always happen with any update, tbf we should all be used to this now lol but as mpwarner says these glitches should be fixed soon :) WD had the snake problem which was sorted :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!