EA Forums - Banner

What is the deal with the boardwalk?

Prev1
I agree the increase is ridiculous. $3,300 and 16 hours just for 1 measly piece of boardwalk? But my tasks don't seem to want to move beyond the Itchy and Scrathy store right now, so I guess I don't need any more. :P

Replies

• adambeard82
    5 posts
    edited June 2013
    That's a glitch, first place the itchy & scratchy building in your inventory box, then place it back, this should restart the job/mission & you'll unlock more to do
  • AthenaMuze
    5 posts
    edited June 2013
    I had the exact issue with Itchy and Scratchy, and finally realized I should put it in inventory. Lost quite a few hours trying to fix it though!

Glad I'm not alone with either of these issues. I'm also concerned about the money part, I was saving up for more land when this update hit. :P
  • ynotbgreen
    64 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    it is actually quite expensive to build piers, so the cost increase is far too realistic. haven't hit the limit yet.
  • Naw71
    2 posts
    edited June 2013
    ynotbgreen wrote:
    it is actually quite expensive to build piers, so the cost increase is far too realistic. haven't hit the limit yet.

I'm now waiting 24hours for my next boardwalk piece and 5000. Grrrrrr
  • isabellemazz
    7 posts
    edited June 2013
    Naw71 wrote:
    ynotbgreen wrote:

Well you'll not like it later in quest line it gets to £15000 & 3 days to build one piece!!!
  • Naw71
    2 posts
    edited June 2013
    Naw71 wrote:
    ynotbgreen wrote:

Well you'll not like it later in quest line it gets to £15000 & 3 days to build one piece!!!

Oh joy of joys lol :roll:
  • hopliteq
    10 posts
    edited June 2013
    Amount of time and money to build a piece of boardwalk is getting unbelievably absurd.
    It's almost like EA want us to buy donuts
  • VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited June 2013
    hopliteq wrote:
    Amount of time and money to build a piece of boardwalk is getting unbelievably absurd.
    It's almost like EA want us to buy donuts

It makes the update last longer (If you want a silver lining)
  • MrD_979
    16 posts
    edited June 2013
    Well I don't have the donuts to get these buildings to add so it don't matter to me

But going through this thread helped me fix that itchy glitch the reason why I even came back to this forum
  • Debbieh91
    1 posts
    edited June 2013
    Is anyone having problems using the land expansion tool? I don't have any other choices except the usual land expansion
  • lanaw88
    19 posts
    edited June 2013
    Found this; (hope it helps)

Boardwalk tile builds:

Tile 1-4 Free instant builds

Tile 5 – $250/60 minutes or 2 donuts to rush

Tile 6 – $450/2 hours or 2 donuts

Tile 7 – $850/4 hours or 2 donuts

Tile 8 – $1,700/8 hours or 4 donuts

Tile 9 – $2,500/12 hours or 6 donuts

Tile 10 – $3,350/16 hours or 8 donuts

Tiles 11-15 – $5,000/24 hours or 12 donuts

Tiles 16-30 – $7,500/1 day 12 hours or 18 donuts

Tiles 31-60 – $10,000/2 days or 24 donuts

Tiles 61-90 – $12,500/2 days 12 hours or 30 donuts

Tiles 91-120 – $15,000/ 3 days or 36 donuts

Tiles 121-150 – $17,500/ 3 days 12 hours or 42 donuts

(Credit to tstotips.com)
  • Chocaholic14
    9 posts
    edited June 2013
    No idea who at EA came up with the long building time on the boards.
    They should make an option that friends can help you out with building the boards quicker. like when they tap it, build time is shortened with 1 hour.
    If my boardwalk is full, can I place the first items in inventory so I can process with building the newer shops?
  • TMNTFan01
    16 posts
    edited June 2013
    No idea who at EA came up with the long building time on the boards.
    They should make an option that friends can help you out with building the boards quicker. like when they tap it, build time is shortened with 1 hour.
    If my boardwalk is full, can I place the first items in inventory so I can process with building the newer shops?

Yes, I had to do this to fit in the 3rd building. I did the task where you had to build fencing, trees and a light post and then when it prompted to build Just Rainsticks I didn't have room so I put all those things into storage. They will all stay there until I have more boardwalk squares to fit everything.

I like the update, the back and forth with the Sea Captain and the Simpson family is hilarious, but the slow times for the boardwalk tiles is a pain. But I think once I get the boardwalk built up it'll look great. Too bad it'll take so long that summer will be over and we will be working on the next winter update by then.
  • email-an-and
    37 posts
    edited June 2013
    I would allready be happy, if the buildings wouldn't need a piece of tile below.
  • Suup Bro
    1 posts
    edited June 2013
    I finished building the Malaria zone and the quest isn't showing anymore? I've tried putting them in my inventory but nothing? It doesn't show up in my quests
  • joshw2011
    8 posts
    edited June 2013
    In response to the hours/money listed for all the tiles, I summed it all up.

$1,796,600 total.

4,314 donuts total, which would cost you $199.98 in real life money to buy.

If you can't buy the donuts, it takes just over 359 REAL LIFE DAYS TO FINISH ALL THE PIECES. *.
  • Oswas618
    33 posts
    edited June 2013
    You can also put the boardwalk trees and lamp post on 'normal' ground too, which helps free up some room on the boardwalk.
  • woelfli304
    109 posts
    edited June 2013
    joshw2011 wrote:

$1,796,600 total.

If you can't buy the donuts, it takes just over 359 REAL LIFE DAYS TO FINISH ALL THE PIECES. *.

But that's ridiculous ... Who needs ALL THE PIECES??
  • swmwshrk
    139 posts
    edited June 2013
    joshw2011 wrote:

$1,796,600 total.

This is true if you can build 150+ tiles, however many users hae stated there is a limit at around 100 which would only take 3 months give or take.
  • Shoushi29
    25 posts
    edited June 2013
    The time for building tiles is insane.
    It is incredibly frustrating.
    EA should divide the time per two...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.