EA Forums - Banner

OT: whats your hobby ?

Replies

• mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Here's a short video of me & a few mates ago messing about just off the motorway :lol:

This also explains the SEC in my name :lol: I'll you all decide which car i was driving :D

[email protected] the van drifting :lol:
  • adam7226
    255 posts
    edited June 2013
    I own two freshwater planted fishtanks. One is 36 gallons and the ither is 55 gallons. I have put a bunch of money into these things, trying to make them look goid and natural, and i dony regret any purchases i have made for them. Srry but i dont have any pictures of them
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I craft, mostly sewing, but a little knitting/crochet, card making and scrapbooking. I also play the flute, am a cub scout leader, I've just started martial arts, and make time to play euro style (expensive, elaborate) board games at least twice a week.
  • mattkara68
    283 posts
    edited June 2013
    I help people with a variety of things using the language of the sky. I'm an astrologer/intuitive reader as hobby not my real job. I also hike like ^^lissarv68 and I travel frequently, love to fly.
  • ddashrock
    210 posts
    edited June 2013
    I like to draw, I mostly draw in the anime style. I drew several comics since Jr. High including Dragonball Z comics.
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Gardening. I love catering for. Plants and watching them grow.

Spoiling my turtles.

I a slightly crafty person who has no real artistic abilities but can make awesome crafts.
  • simpsons7795
    817 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Mountain bike riding, storm chasing, and volunteer as a reserve park ranger on some weekends
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited June 2013
    Music is my hobby. Everything from listening and constantly seeking out music I haven't heard before, to performance art involving music, to creating my own music.

Play guitar, bass, drums/percussion and produce beats. I took it more seriously when I was a little younger and in a couple bands. Now it is more of a hobby, something I do in my spare time.
  • Tawhid123
    716 posts
    edited June 2013
    One of main hobbies is that I love working with different art techniques such as pencil drawings, print making, sculpture, abstract works, and more. :mrgreen:
    I'm just really open to try any kind of art form :-o

Don't want to seem like I'm boasting but thought it'd be nice to show just some of my works ;-)

qhd.png
    u3j.png
    vc8j.png
    8uu.png

The first one is a pencil drawing with a background painted with acrylic paint.
    The second and forth are prints and the third is one of my favourites which I enjoyed making, bird sculptures made of wire :mrgreen:, which are right now on top of my wardrobe looking over me :-o
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited June 2013
    You guys all have really interesting hobbies.

@McTattie - I thought making awesome sigs was your hobby? ;):) You are a renaissance man.

@Lissa- Your pictures are phenomenal.

@epic_tapper- that's a sweet hobby

@Neo- love the vids!

@Tawhid- Those are excellent. Especially like the first 2.

• MelDesigner
    647 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I'm a photographer.

My photos have been in National Geographic and are featured in a couple of galleries in my home town. I'm pretty good *toot toot*. I've shown my online portfolio to a couple of the old forum members but I don't like doing that since I'd rather stay anonymous.

I also do graphic art, I like being creative.

My other hobby is hiking. 30 miles a week! I do three 10 mile hikes, love it. I call it my "me time" and it takes me about 3 hours to do a 10 mile hike.

I'm not a professional photographer because I don't make a living from it, I make far too much in my real job to ever give it up. I need that money for my other hobby, collecting designer purses.

Awesome hobbies! My kind of person :thumbup:
  • MelDesigner
    647 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Tawhid123 wrote:
    One of main hobbies is that I love working with different art techniques such as pencil drawings, print making, sculpture, abstract works, and more. :mrgreen:
    I'm just really open to try any kind of art form :-o

Don't want to seem like I'm boasting but thought it'd be nice to show just some of my works ;-)

qhd.png
    u3j.png
    vc8j.png
    8uu.png

The first one is a pencil drawing with a background painted with acrylic paint.
    The second and forth are prints and the third is one of my favourites which I enjoyed making, bird sculptures made of wire :mrgreen:, which are right now on top of my wardrobe looking over me :-o

:thumbup: Now that's cool!!! :)
  • amuck10
    506 posts
    edited June 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    jaffaface wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    @Jaffa - I'm a Nikon girl. What are you shooting with? I'm actually considering moving down to a 4/3 system. I've been reading reviews and studies people have done. If I take my full system into a place, I'm more likely to be harassed by security because they think I'm a professional. However, if I take a 4/3 system in (it looks like a point-and-shoot but has interchangeable lenses) they think I'm a tourist and leave me alone. People have tested this theory and it's true. Anyways, have you considered one of the newer/smaller cameras?

@McTattie - they're small because my name is watermarked across the middle of them and I don't want to share my real name on here. You can't see the watermark because it's so small.

.....errr......fujifilm.....but I am planning on an upgrade. I don't have a good lens, if I do I use my friends but he's very * and has to come with me when I use it lol, I'm just very basic at the minute. I want to upgarde to a pansonic lumix but there quite pricey and I want to make sure I get the right camera as I don't want to burn through them like I have this one. It needs to last a bit.

lol Nobody touches my cameras! I've got a Nikon D50, D60, D90 and D300s. I also have about 15 lenses with my biggest being a 500mm. Nobody touches my cameras or lenses, I would have to hurt them. I think I'm sitting at around 10K in equipment.

I still have my old Nikon 6006. The last of the solid frame that you could bludgeon wildlife with without damaging your camera. I still need to refer to the instruction manual every time I load film as the Kodak digi the wife bought has me spoiled for the simple shots I take.

Fish tanks... I once had over a dozen up and running. Waaaaaay to much work. When we bought a house I put all the tanks by windows so I could do water changes out the window. I still have way to many tanks but they are empty taking up room in my carport after a spent two friggin years making a 1500+ gallon screened turtle enclosure with three separate ponds and four fountains running off a commercial pool pump. When I run it its kinda like flushing turtles down the toilet the water circulates so fast.

Now a days I'm a stay at home dad so in my free time I try to minimize mowing my lawn by either pouring concrete walkways or setting it on fire. Planters and pavers is the way to go. The sad thing is I also grow bamboo which is technically a grass.

Oh yeah... Keeping the house from collapsing is a pretty big hobby. Right now it's termites and carpenter ants. At least that is the most pressing issue.

When I have free time I like making inanimate objects suffer. Did you know an Xbox 360 with the red ring of doom will stop a 7.72x51 NATO round lengthwise? One round anyways

Yep... Baby poop and feedings is what I do the most of. Once he's old enough to play with Legos il will be able to bust out the 500+ lbs I have in storage and it will be on.
  • kuroashicook
    709 posts
    edited June 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I'm a photographer.

My photos have been in National Geographic and are featured in a couple of galleries in my home town. I'm pretty good *toot toot*. I've shown my online portfolio to a couple of the old forum members but I don't like doing that since I'd rather stay anonymous.

My other hobby is hiking. 30 miles a week! I do three 10 mile hikes, love it. I call it my "me time" and it takes me about 3 hours to do a 10 mile hike.

I'm not a professional photographer because I don't make a living from it, I make far too much in my real job to ever give it up. I need that money for my other hobby, collecting designer purses.

That's great to hear Lisa! Congrats! What kinds of photos more are your claim to fame that you've shot?
  • kuroashicook
    709 posts
    edited June 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Here's a short video of me & a few mates ago messing about just off the motorway :lol:

This also explains the SEC in my name :lol: I'll you all decide which car i was driving :D

Super sick vid, Neo! You should of been one of the drivers in Tokyo Drift! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited June 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:
    Neo- love the vids!

I need to find me doing the 1/4 drag in my car :) I have other pass times but driving/racing is by far my fav :)

My 4yr old now wants to be a racing driver :)

Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • kuroashicook
    709 posts
    edited June 2013
    As for me. I love to practice and study the Japanese language and it's culture. I like to learn by listening to tons of Japanese music too.

I also am passionate about baking and highly decorating tiered cakes, cupcakes, macarons and all confectionaries in between. It's also become a profession of mine that I hope to turn into a full fledged business someday soon. I've been at this for a little over a couple years now. Here's a pic of one I am really proud of that I did for a baby shower.

61664_555243391168189_2007559694_n_zps89aa69af.jpg
  • kuroashicook
    709 posts
    edited June 2013
    Apologies for the huge pic again. If you all want me to resize it, I'll try. :D
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I'm a photographer.

That's great to hear Lisa! Congrats! What kinds of photos more are your claim to fame that you've shot?

Nature is my thing but I'm pretty good at capturing candid moments, too. I hate studio work and wedding photography, don't do them. I shot my sister-in-law wedding because she begged me lol. My one and only wedding job, she was happy with the photos.
    lissarv68 wrote:
    A couple of my photos, tiny on purpose.

xJrMN0Pt.jpg

u6TLMa6t.jpg

IQmfpDCt.jpg

A couple of my candids

muxn5ypt.jpg

JECYBMet.jpg
  • Trinity_E86
    323 posts
    edited June 2013
    Apologies for the huge pic again. If you all want me to resize it, I'll try. :D

Wow you did that cake :) very impressive, you should be on ace of cakes lol that's some impressive skill :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.