EA Forums - Banner

How do people cope playing on iPhones?!

Prev134
I only play on my iPhone 4S and its not bad I have all the land and have resigned completely twice working on full redesign number 3 lol if you only play on the phone you get use to it but to go to an iPad then come back would be a pain.

Replies

• lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    For the first 8 months of play, it was all I knew until I pretty much nabbed my girlfriend's iPad.... If she didn't own one and rarely used it, I would have bought one with the swinging vote being to play Tapped Out on it. I only use iPhone for work/ travel. iPhones can be discreet if you're checking on those 1-4hr tasks, but for visual appeal, it's the iPad. My town went undeveloped and outdated for months until I got the iPad... I could never redesign my town on the iPhone, it's so frustrating trying to select one tile....
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6250 posts Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I used to play on my iPhone until I got myself a iPad 3 last September. I use my iPad all the time & only resort to using my phone if I'm at work and need to get my TSTO fix lol

But I'm sure the people who use iPhones have to resort to it because they don't have a tablet. So there's really no choice for them.
  • albertronnie
    93 posts
    edited June 2013
    ecneralc wrote:
    I only play on my iPhone 4S and its not bad I have all the land and have resigned completely twice working on full redesign number 3 lol if you only play on the phone you get use to it but to go to an iPad then come back would be a pain.

I think that's my problem - been spoilt with the iPad!
    I applaud you for fully redesigning on your iPhone - I've tried today and failed, you must have the patience of a saint and amazing vision! I think I'd be left with a permanent squint if I'd tried anymore!
  • albertronnie
    93 posts
    edited June 2013
    For the first 8 months of play, it was all I knew until I pretty much nabbed my girlfriend's iPad.... If she didn't own one and rarely used it, I would have bought one with the swinging vote being to play Tapped Out on it. I only use iPhone for work/ travel. iPhones can be discreet if you're checking on those 1-4hr tasks, but for visual appeal, it's the iPad. My town went undeveloped and outdated for months until I got the iPad... I could never redesign my town on the iPhone, it's so frustrating trying to select one tile....

It's selecting the decorations to go into storage that was doing my nut in the most!
    I too use my phone to collect and have a quick check, but a redesign is near impossible for me at least.
    If the boyfriend 'borrows' my iPad again I shall be packing his bags! :lol:
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    ecneralc wrote:

I think that's my problem - been spoilt with the iPad!
    I applaud you for fully redesigning on your iPhone - I've tried today and failed, you must have the patience of a saint and amazing vision! I think I'd be left with a permanent squint if I'd tried anymore!

Well there's also bluestacks you can download it lets you get android apps on your computer so can play tapped out on the computer with bigger screen but it can be pretty laggy
  • ohserin
    106 posts
    edited June 2013
    I went from playing on an iPhone to playing on a Galaxy Note 2 and I don't know how I ever managed lmao
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited June 2013
    I play on the iphone 5 and thinks its great, the ipad seems a little jittery to me when tapping, but i reckon like all things you would get used to it
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    They manage because they started on it and don't know the joys of having a larger screen, lol.

I made a Whacking Day town, it's on my iPhone. OH BOY! That was....err....a nightmare. So tiny. I even think when I play my sons' abandoned town on his iPad mini that it's a bit of a chore.

I love the big giant screen of my iPad for these types of games.
  • darrenholm736
    1276 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I play on my HTC One X at work. It's in a dock on my desk so I can quite sneakily do a bit of tapping when my one hour tasks are up.

At home, I use my tablet and it's much. much better and easier to design and move things around on the big screen.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited June 2013
    subii42 wrote:
    I play on the iphone 5 and thinks its great, the ipad seems a little jittery to me when tapping, but i reckon like all things you would get used to it

The iPhone5 defo runs smoother than my iPad that's for sure, although I do prefer to use the iPad moving items around, but tbh it no real difference between the too! The Phone maybe smaller screen but it shows exactly the same amount of stuff as the iPad :) just means you got to zoom in a bit more with the phones.

I honestly don't mind which device I play on :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I manage and I only play on ipod5. No other technology is compatible with TSTO.
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited June 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    subii42 wrote:

The iPhone5 defo runs smoother than my iPad that's for sure, although I do prefer to use the iPad moving items around, but tbh it no real difference between the too! The Phone maybe smaller screen but it shows exactly the same amount of stuff as the iPad :) just means you got to zoom in a bit more with the phones.

Nicely put :)
  • boricua619
    45 posts
    edited June 2013
    I play on my iPhone all the time, pretty sure that with an iPad things would be alot easier, but what can I say, got very used to playing on my iPhone.
  • Nimz2k1
    69 posts
    edited June 2013
    I've only ever known the game on an Iphone 4S. Does anyone know if the app is available on the Kindle Fire? I have my doubts.

I'm kind of inclined to buy an Ipad...ugh!
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited June 2013
    subii42 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    subii42 wrote:

Nicely put :)

Why thank :oops:

Edit: Using my gif altho emcee has been stealing it lately :P
    tumblr_lsvjyqbsS61r1ssano1_500.gif
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • darrenholm736
    1276 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Nimz2k1 wrote:
    I've only ever known the game on an Iphone 4S. Does anyone know if the app is available on the Kindle Fire? I have my doubts.

I'm kind of inclined to buy an Ipad...ugh!

Check this post on the excellent TSO Tips website...

http://tstotips.com/2013/06/18/when-will-tapped-out-be-available-on-my-kindle/

• dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited June 2013
    It's all I've known. Sure, I could play on my larger computer screen, but it doesn't make much difference. I can't select things any easier. It seems most people are just enthralled by the higher resolution images.
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited June 2013
    I can't stand play on my iPod touch. I either miss tap or scroll when I don't want to ughh annoyance or what lol. I was lucky e ought to be able to afford this ipad so it's much easier . Dare I say it!.....yes I will. I don't love this game that much that I would download it for my computer.

• peteriscoo69
    16 posts
    edited June 2013
    I've only ever played on my 3GS so I have nothing to compare it to, Im sure it's really nice playing on a nice big screen tablet
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi guys,

Just a little reminder, no posting of links to outside forums/sites. Thanks! Just say the name of the place but not the link.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!