EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• mike_ruv
    4 posts
    edited August 2012
    I am unable to play the game after not running it for about 5 minutes. When I try to, it begins loading up but the second it says "Checking for update" it crashes, sometimes even before saying that, constantly. Stopping it from the multitask bar or restarting my phone (it is an iPhone 4S but the problem also happens on my iPad 2), makes it restart from the splash screen but it will crash constantly as well. The only solution I have found is to uninstall and then reinstall. Just as additional information, both of my iDevices are running iOS 6 beta 4. If that is the cause, you might want to fix this before the official iOS 6 release probably late September/early October. On the times I can play, which is from the moment I start it up after installing/reinstalling until the approximate 5 minute marker after I stop playing, it works flawlessly. On a side note, is Milhouse not going to have a voice? Everybody speaks except for him.
  • grimebomb
    12 posts
    edited August 2012
    I am having issues with getting into my game for the past 2 days. It states that I need to log on, so I do! then it states "Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please sing into that device before playing"! so I hit OK then the previous comment comes back! If I hit the Play now button the game freezes on the title screen. I have also deleted & redownloaded the game, but with no luck! :( Can someone please help? I have invested $$ into this game making my Springfield & would NOT like to restart my game all over again. Also Can Someone please email me on how to check the messages please [email protected]

This iz happening to me too. It wuz cool last night. I haven't got to play all day.
    Also I don't have it installed on any other devicez and yesterday it kept signing me out
  • briandholley
    5 posts
    edited September 2012
    I think I accidentally found the fix to being stuck on Schoolhouse crock pt. 2

I was stuck here for about 3 days and about to quit the game. I decided to send people to do random tasks and came across this that seems to have worked.

I sent Lisa and Milhouse to school again, and sent Skinner to do crossing guard. When he finished, he said since everyone was here he'd better go monitor the halls. Now he's doing that. Hopefully, when he's done, I'll get to build the shack.
  • Gamer260
    21 posts
    edited September 2012
    With the most recent version of the game push notice has been forced on so you cant turn it off so now that everytime someone finishes training it forces the game to start up when ever you unlock your device. I tried to go to a eairlyer version of the game to get around this and now it wont even let me connect to the servers. This really needs to be fixed.
  • chris_unger9
    2 posts
    edited September 2012
    So for about 11 hours now I have been unable to connect to the server. I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same problem. Is there maintenance or something going on with the server?
  • germainicus
    1 posts
    edited September 2012
    I have not been able to visit my friends neighborhoods for over a week.
    Every time I click on the Bart and milhouse button Bart pulls the plug on me and I can't connect to server
    I've tried deleting my game an redownloading it. I have logged on to my wife's iPad and still nothing. She can visit ppl no problem
    I thought I would wait for an upgrade to see if that would fix it. Now that it's upgraded when I go to click the neighborhood button I see a quick glimpse of the screen with all my friends towns then Bart pops up. Anyone else have any idea what else I can do
  • YukonChick
    1 posts
    edited September 2012
    Getting an error saying the game didn't save on my other device. I have no other devices. Now I am unable to connect to server. I already lost my entire town once during your last upgrade. Never saw any free donuts because of it either.. So I boycotted the game for months. I recently thought I'd give it another try and it worked great for about a week now it's back to having the same server issues.
    I am a professional, in both IT and customer service and your product, communication with your customers and customer service are all deplorable.
    This game could have been a great product but is completely useless. Ditch the forced online play.. Save what little server capability you have left.
  • machomania
    17 posts
    edited September 2012
    Same issues as above stated. My game was fine until recent update at which time everything and I mean everything fell apart. Cannot connect most of the time. If I do manage to get through, I am forced out of gameplay several times with Bart "pulling the plug". I cannot visit any of my friends "Other Springfields" at all. If I try to got to the friend screen I get a brief screen shot and immediately Bart "pulling the plug". I have had progress "lost". I get the prompt that my other device did not save my progress, when I did not play on any other device. I would really like to "undo" the update, but I can't. This thing has been around for like forever, you would think all of this would have been ironed out before EA re-released it. I am using Iphone IOS 5.1.1, wifi connectivity and am within 10 feet of my router....
  • SouthCaliRep
    3 posts
    edited September 2012
    Homers fat * is stuck in the kiddie pool, he's been there for 10hrs and every time I click on him it says 5:58... ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • mike_walsh983
    2 posts
    edited September 2012
    Can't connect to server

24 hours and counting. Done all the good things and no progress.
  • mongmongc
    13 posts
    edited September 2012
    Unable to maintain a connection to server for more than a few minutes. Can't visit friends at all. Been having this problem since the latest update.

UPDATE: I had to delete ALL friends and now I can connect without issues. I had over 40 friends. :fingers crossed:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • forumrider04
    3 posts
    edited September 2012
    ive been getting the warning message about my other device not saving my Springfield when i dont have another device. is there anyway to fix this?
  • forumrider04
    3 posts
    edited September 2012
    clicked on play now which took me to my springfeild which i had 12 free donuts waiting for me
  • setharnold
    2 posts
    edited September 2012
    I ran into a crash immediately after seeing buggy task book displays. I have forgotten the exact tasks and numbers in the fifteen minutes it took to find this forum and confirm my email address, but it was along the lines of:

Grow moonshine: -11/2
    Walk the hounds: -1/1

Both tasks were in-progress. Seconds after this view the game crashed.
  • DohMoe
    506 posts
    edited September 2012
    HELP!!!! I just loaded the game, and it said my Springfield wasn't saved on my other device, I only play Tapped Out on m iPad. I have a level 12 town and got so far. What am I supposed to do? I can NOT let it delete.
  • lmfw1981
    2 posts
    edited September 2012
    My task book is stuck on "Have Milhouse find puppy goo goo" and "Have Millhouse fly a kite." I have done both of these tasks endless times, and still the icons appear on the task book. When I click on the icons, the numbers show "1/1" for both, so it seems to know that I did them but won't let the game proceed.

Thanks!
  • coodwcc
    1 posts
    edited September 2012
    lmfw1981 wrote:
    My task book is stuck on "Have Milhouse find puppy goo goo" and "Have Millhouse fly a kite." I have done both of these tasks endless times, and still the icons appear on the task book. When I click on the icons, the numbers show "1/1" for both, so it seems to know that I did them but won't let the game proceed.

Thanks!

dude ... I'm having similar problem here .. stuck at "A Real Maverick" - Make Milhouse Fiy His Scale Model Perffectly Level
  • ritmus84
    1 posts
    edited September 2012
    Ever since I updated to the new version I can't turn off the push notifications. Even with ALL notifications off I still get woken up by Homer at 3 am, even if the app isn't running in the background. This is a very annoying problem.
  • kate85
    1 posts
    edited September 2012
    I'm having trouble opening the game and I just played an hour ago. The error message I'm receiving is 'WARNING! Your other device did not save your Springfield, blah, blah, blah....'. That's all well and good, but I only have one device. Please help!
  • SchematicRat
    2 posts
    edited September 2012
    lmfw1981 wrote:

I have a similar problem. I had a quest to harvest perfections. It only counted the first batch. Now it just won't recognize that I harvested any more. I've tried plating other things instead and going back. Harvesting a bunch in a row and killing the app and restarting.