EA Forums - Banner

"Your Springfield" Day 7 - Did you use the debris as a decoration?

Prev1
I'm planning to as I'm nearer the end of the land I can buy.
A good topic for tomorrow would be the school as I'm stuck with how to lay it out. X

Replies

• neilkeen
    86 posts
    edited November 2012
    some. not all. like the nuclear waste around the plant and some in the woods and a patch of brick debris by some rooad works
  • a308936
    55 posts
    edited November 2012
    At first I stored them in a small plot of land, but as I needed money when a building was coming up, I caved in and cleaned it up. I figured I still have a lot of unlocked land to go, so if I needed anything, I still have the chance to.

Topic Suggestion: What are the names of your various neighborhoods in your Springfield? If you name them at all... hehe
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Here are photos of my debris usage.
    8204291916_fc37dc2006.jpg
    8204301380_cfc400d40f.jpg
  • kakaleta23
    10 posts
    edited November 2012
    I use the 1x1 barrels for a storage area by Prof Frink's. The 2x2 barrels behind the garbage collection areas in my commercial district. The green ooze surrounds my crashed spaceship. Windows and doors are arround Cletus' and the Muntz house.
  • hankscorpio23
    621 posts Member
    edited November 2012

I'm clean and tidy - no debris.

And I receive the occasional doughnut.
  • hankscorpio23
    621 posts Member
    edited November 2012

Zuzupj, I like what you have done with the Muntz house.
  • Tony68k
    279 posts
    edited November 2012
    zuzupj wrote:
    Here are photos of my debris usage.
    8204291916_fc37dc2006.jpg
    8204301380_cfc400d40f.jpg

Your Muntz house looks brilliant!
  • DohMoe
    506 posts
    edited November 2012
    ^^^

I wish I saved some Dead Trees, that is just..epic.
  • Warpt1
    198 posts
    edited November 2012
    I've been saving the waste barrels from day 1. I don't even know why. I think I just like they way they looked. Have so many now that I do have to Lisa or Homer take newly acquired ones away.

I've only recently started incorporating the partial trees, doors and windows as decor. I still clean up most of the liquid waste.
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Zuzupj, I like what you have done with the Muntz house.

Me too. It looks *really* trashy.

I use the plastic jugs around Cletus's farm and the Muntz house. If Lisa or Homer doesn't grab them 1st, I like to have 1 or 2 on the stoner Otto's property. I use the window trash on the spooky house's property and around Kang's crash site. I keep extras hidden behind Frink's lab to bait Homer or Lisa, meaning, I'll place one of the extras near them before giving them the clean-up task. Once they grab that, I move them (they cling to the trash, so in moving the trash, I move them) to the area where the trash to be removed is placed.
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Thanks everyone!

I also have to bait Lisa or Homer with unwanted debris now, I don't want them accidently cleaning up ones I'm using.
  • DohMoe
    506 posts
    edited November 2012
    lolnice
  • MoopsDude
    328 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    I also wish I had saved the nuclear waste and not sent Homer and Lisa out to pick it up as soon as it was available. When I first started playing I just got into the habit of cleaning it up as I expanded. I just recently started playing the game with friends after months of playing solo and got a good laugh the first time a saw a big nuclear waste heap in someone's town.
    Yes, THAT MoopsDude

I GRIND, It’s what I do
  • Roonil2
    215 posts
    edited November 2012
    This probably sounds dumb, but when I first started playing it didn't occur to me that you could move the trash. I thought you had to clean it up to place your buildings etc. But after I got some friends and noticed some had trash around I started saving it. So I have a whole plot full of it right now, waiting to be used in my reno. I'll clean up what I don't end up using.

I definitely want to use some around Cletus & Nelson's. I also want to do a garbage depot. And I'd like to make a little dumping area by the Nuclear Plant.
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited November 2012
    Yes it's free so ofc it was used
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited November 2012
    Are you up posting with these new daily threads? Lol,

You want to be a mod?

I would love to see yo city, but you never accept, is it a copy?
  • Melies100781
    99 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    How many donuts have you guys collected so far cleaning areas?? I got 2. I'm now keeping the debris 'coz it looks cool and all, but I'm always wondering if those debris I'm keeping might be hiding donuts...

Also, when halloween was near done, I bought 50 dead trees and 12 pumpkin gardens ans kept them in my storage in case I want some more one day :) Pretty happy I did that.
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited November 2012
    It's funny how we all interpret what the debris is differently. I always thought of the white barrels as propane tanks. So I have 5 or 6 of them lined up against cletus' farm. Then closer to the house, a broken window. I have 2 nuclear waste containers and 3 nuclear puddles against the power plant, and it's closed in with barbed wire fences (the whole plant is, along with the subatomic supercollider). I used to have a lot more, always very neatly placed but at some point a week or so ago I decided to downsize it. I like the windows and the propane tanks the most.
  • hbkiddx69
    36 posts
    edited November 2012
    Empty propane tanks go all around Cletus's garden. Green ooze and barrels go in front of the Nuclear Plant driveway / loading docks. ZERO......POINT...ZERO donuts for cleaning up...and I got A TREE. (duh duh duh) in my last mystery box. Whoopie.
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    zuzupj wrote:
    Thanks everyone!

I also have to bait Lisa or Homer with unwanted debris now, I don't want them accidently cleaning up ones I'm using.
    Like Zuzupj, both Cletus farm and Muntz house has the debris.
    I don't have the debris anywhere else.
    If Homer or Lisa pick up the debris from either of these two areas, I just simply put it back when I purchase more land.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.