EA Forums - Banner

Does anyone else love the game but hate the show?

Replies

• mishved
    104 posts
    edited July 2013
    I dont disagree with you but no one "hates" the Simpsons and not only plays the game but reads and posts on a board like this. We play the game and live for updates because we love the characters and animation of the tv show
  • Holli537
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2013

LOL, to clarify I meant EA would be glad she's playing the game even if she doesn't like the show, especially if she buys donuts.

Haha :lol:

Oh, EA loves me. I've purchased plenty of donuts even though I never thought I would in the beginning. Figured I don't buy other games, so why not?
  • Holli537
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    mishved wrote:
    I dont disagree with you but no one "hates" the Simpsons and not only plays the game but reads and posts on a board like this. We play the game and live for updates because we love the characters and animation of the tv show

I don't read or post in threads that discuss events from the show. I read or post about game-related things, such as updates, events, layouts, etc...

I play the game and live for updates because I like the game and I like updates. This game could be based on many other TV shows and I'd play it because I like the game. It could be a game consisting of entirely new made-up characters and I'd play because I enjoy the same. While I know who many characters are having watched the show occasionally as a kid, I don't really recognize everyone and everything. For me, I'm playing a game that I can look forward to updates with. I've finished so many app games that rarely have updates, which is one of the reasons why I like this game.

There is a difference.
  • TurtlesLikeMe69
    150 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I like the show and the game but I wish the game didnt focuse too much on current seasons but focus on the older ones, the ones fans obviously enjoy more.
  • mishved
    104 posts
    edited July 2013
    Ok I meant no harm??
  • TurtlesLikeMe69
    150 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    @mishved I've been there today aswell buddy.
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Holli537 wrote:
    why would you download a game based on something you don't like?

I don't like concepts of many games so I don't download/buy them.

I like the concept of the game. I don't like the show. The game isn't the show - it utilizes characters, themes, and scenery from the show, but it's not the same as watching the show. If that were the case, I wouldn't enjoy the game.

I liked Sponge Bob on the PS2, but don't like the show. Same with other games that are based on the TV show.

It's odd because there are many other games with the same gaming style. Hello kitty, Archie, build that town, generic.

I really loved the non themed build games where you build <tower/city/themepark/zoo>.

The attraction of this game is that I'm building a town that I love from a tv show I have loved for a very long time. It's probably the same for many people here. I have loved the Simpsons since I was about 8 (oh the fights 4 kids, 1 tv)
  • Holli537
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    mishved wrote:
    Ok I meant no harm??

Never claimed you did. I was simply responding to your comments since you appeared to be very confused as to how such a thing was possible.
  • Holli537
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    It's odd because there are many other games with the same gaming style. Hello kitty, Archie, build that town, generic.

I really loved the non themed build games where you build <tower/city/themepark/zoo>.

The attraction of this game is that I'm building a town that I love from a tv show I have loved for a very long time. It's probably the same for many people here. I have loved the Simpsons since I was about 8 (oh the fights 4 kids, 1 tv)

I've attempted a couple of those other games where you build something, wait, collect money, do tasks, wait...etc....the ones I attempted before this weren't very well made. Haven't seen the ones you listed, though. This game appeared as a top game, it was free (sort of), so I downloaded it and have been a daily player ever since.

I totally understand what you're saying about the attraction for most people, being fans of the show, and that's exactly why I made the thread - to see if there were others that like the game for the game and not because it's based on The Simpsons show.
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited July 2013
    I have a bit of change blindness when it comes to The Simpsons. I'm more focused on the characters and familiarity of Springfield than I am the flat jokes. While the show is somewhat entertaining, I find it comforting to watch. It's the same with the game right now. While I'm not currently getting much enjoyment, I've been checking in daily for nearly 11 months now. Scrolling around my town and relieving the buildings of their financial burden feels good.
  • Holli537
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm really not a fan of animated shows in general, so it's not limited to just The Simpsons - there are a couple I dislike much, much more. And there are some that I don't mind watching if someone else is watching it (Family Guy, South Park, etc). My fiance watches Saturday morning cartoons and Family Guy, American Dad (don't like that one much), etc...

I like animated movies, as long as they're good, but that's about it. Otherwise I'm more into sci-fi or dramas.
  • am4692
    2253 posts
    edited July 2013
    Been a long time fan of the TV show and love the game, but the show has declined in the last fue seasons.
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Holli537 wrote:
    mishved wrote:

I don't read or post in threads that discuss events from the show. I read or post about game-related things, such as updates, events, layouts, etc...

I play the game and live for updates because I like the game and I like updates. This game could be based on many other TV shows and I'd play it because I like the game. It could be a game consisting of entirely new made-up characters and I'd play because I enjoy the same. While I know who many characters are having watched the show occasionally as a kid, I don't really recognize everyone and everything. For me, I'm playing a game that I can look forward to updates with. I've finished so many app games that rarely have updates, which is one of the reasons why I like this game.

There is a difference.

Agree with the updates. Plants vs Zombies had an update so it now matches the computer version but now I'm playing it like crazy (also doesn't require a internet connection so that helps - I'll be back on internet in may 15 working days at home) to finish it.

I can see the attraction. I stopped watching the Simpons religiously when it was 7:30 on week night when I was out but now I am watching simpsons, buying the dvds and comics because of this game.
  • deomegus
    595 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    the game itself has restored my interest in the show.

i catch the re-runs at 6:00 everyday. the first seasons were the best, of course. the later ones not so much. but, the last two seasons are indication that its on the rise.
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited July 2013
    I do not support this thread..

Why play this game if you dont like the simpsons?

Please go play something else! I wish there was a family guy game like this so all the non simpsons fans could leave this game.
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I do not support this thread..

Why play this game if you dont like the simpsons?

Please go play something else! I wish there was a family guy game like this so all the non simpsons fans could leave this game.

There is an Archie version and a hello kitty version.
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I love the game but I love the show even more. The show is the reason there Is a Simpsons Tapped Out buddy !
  • kuroashicook
    709 posts
    edited July 2013
    I can't see anyone loving this game without having some love or nostalgia for the show. :)
  • Tawhid123
    716 posts
    edited July 2013
    I love everything about The Simpsons, I grew up watching The Simpsons, it's impossible for me to hate it :P
  • SoundpackStud
    417 posts
    edited July 2013
    my reaction to this question:

homer_scream_by_melfranz.jpg

:lol:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!