EA Forums - Banner

Does anyone else love the game but hate the show?

Replies

• Holli537
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I do not support this thread..

Why play this game if you dont like the simpsons?

Please go play something else! I wish there was a family guy game like this so all the non simpsons fans could leave this game.

I'm pretty sure I've already addressed this. And what's it to you? Why do you care if I'm not a Simpsons fan? Does it interrupt your gameplay?

Let's not be ridiculous.
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    @mishved I've been there today aswell buddy.

Yeah, of course I missed that too. Some posts were deleted, so what was left was confusing. In a nutshell, what happened?
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited July 2013
    Holli537 wrote:
    I do not support this thread..

Why play this game if you dont like the simpsons?

Please go play something else! I wish there was a family guy game like this so all the non simpsons fans could leave this game.

I'm pretty sure I've already addressed this. And what's it to you? Why do you care if I'm not a Simpsons fan? Does it interrupt your gameplay?

Let's not be ridiculous.
    Really!

Your on a simpsons board about the simpsons game and im ridiculous!

Please just go away
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    How can you dislike the show at all? You wouldn't know about the game or characters unless you watched the show at some point.
  • Holli537
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Really!

Please just go away

Wow, The Simpsons is clearly serious business with you, lol. Oh, you people....

And no, I'm on a GAME board about a GAME. This isn't a board dedicated to love of the Simpsons show - it's a message board for The Simpsons Tapped Out game. It's quite an easy concept, buddy. Doesn't take a genius to see that.
  • vixoovee
    380 posts
    edited July 2013
    deomegus wrote:
    the game itself has restored my interest in the show.

i catch the re-runs at 6:00 everyday. the first seasons were the best, of course. the later ones not so much. but, the last two seasons are indication that its on the rise.

Me too. I'm re-watching the show almost daily, the show's Springfield seems so familiar to me now ! It's true, older seasons were funnier but honestly a weaker Simpsons episode is still better than most of tv shows around.
  • Holli537
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    How can you dislike the show at all? You wouldn't know about the game or characters unless you watched the show at some point.

I watched it off and on when I was younger. When it started airing, I lived in The Netherlands (dad was in Air Force), so we had very few shows that we could watch in English. I moved to the US in 1994 and was used to not watching a lot of TV. Between then and now I've seen a number of episodes, but haven't actually liked the show in many, many years.

I used to have a Lisa or Maggie stuffed animal/doll at one point when I was younger.

But now.... I just don't like it. Not my kind of show.
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I agree with waltercartman 100% all the way. To get to waltercartman first you need to ge throught me buddy.
  • Holli537
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I agree with waltercartman 100% all the way. To get to waltercartman first you need to ge throught me buddy.

Do I need a weapon for this?
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Holi no one says they dont like the show if they like the game. Yes you do need a weapon because waltercartman is a die hard fan i look out for people like that. You seem so scared :lol:
  • Holli537
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Holi no one says they dont like the show if they like the game. Yes you do need a weapon because waltercartman is a die hard fan i look out for people like that. You seem so scared :lol:

Hey, I'm well known for standing apart from the masses. :P

And anyone is free to be a fan of whatever they want. I'm not insulting anyone who likes the show - I just happen to not like it. I think it's kind of sad (read: pitiful) that someone would get all upset over the fact and attempt to insult or act as though they're the supreme authority on who is allowed to play particular games. A simple "No, I like the game and show" would have sufficed.

Scared? Lmao, I'm a seasoned internet-user and forum frequenter. I don't think that's possible. ;)
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    ya your that hollis and i am a part time police officer
  • Holli537
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Plastic police badge from a cereal box?

Do they even have toys in cereal anymore or have they accomplished their goal in getting children hooked on sugar, thus no longer needing to include some extra incentive?
  • mec06
    329 posts
    edited July 2013
    Holli537 wrote:
    I've been playing since right before Whacking Day, and I'm a daily player (multiple times a day), but I absolutely can't stand The Simpsons TV show. Love the game, though.

Seems like everyone here is a fan of the show. Am I alone? LOL

No your not alone, I'm not really a fan of the show. Some parts I find funny and a little amusing, but mostly I think its fairly stupid. Growing up we were not allowed to watch it as my parents hated it, so maybe my dislike of it comes from them.

I play the game as the tapping is fun and I like building things :D but my phone is always on silent and I just skip through the dialogue.
  • P003htb
    947 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Holli537 wrote:
    Really!

Please just go away

And no, I'm on a GAME board about a GAME. This isn't a board dedicated to love of the Simpsons show - it's a message board for The Simpsons Tapped Out game. It's quite an easy concept, buddy. Doesn't take a genius to see that.

You're on a Simpsons board talking about a Simpsons game, which is completely about the simpsons, and there is no way you can possible deny it. Let me say it again, you're a board with a bunch of simpsons fans, playing a game completely on the Simpsons. It's quite hard to believe you hate the Simpsons if You're on board talking about a Simpsons game based off of the simpsons
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Holist watch your mouth i am a police officer of the law. By the way im 23 years old happily married with 9 month baby boy and a baby girl on the way. little kid im no joking stop saying nonsense police plastic badge be quiet before you know what
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited July 2013
    Do you not like, dislike, or hate the show? Does it make you want to change the channel from lack of interest, criticize everything about the show when you watch, or get violent when you see it on TV and throw a fit until that vile program is gone?
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Holli537 wrote:
    Plastic police badge from a cereal box?

Do they even have toys in cereal anymore or have they accomplished their goal in getting children hooked on sugar, thus no longer needing to include some extra incentive?

There's new children all the time to get hooked on sugar... I buy grown up cereal now (but I would buy cereal with toys in it.

I think if you read this conversation with Holli's and my posts it explains why someone would play this game even if they didn't watch the show. It's a well made game with regular updates so it's like you never finish it.

PS I only need the buy all 49 plants, mow over 10 zombies with a mower and complete a night time level without mushrooms for the story game achievements. yay lunch
  • Holli537
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    P003htb wrote:
    Holli537 wrote:
    Really!

Please just go away

You're on a Simpsons board talking about a Simpsons game, which is completely about the simpsons, and there is no way you can possible deny it. Let me say it again, you're a board with a bunch of simpsons fans, playing a game completely on the Simpsons. It's quite hard to believe you hate the Simpsons if You're on board talking about a Simpsons game based off of the simpsons

Well, believe it!

The game consists of sending characters on quests, making money, building buildings, and designing a town. Ignoring that it is made with Simpsons characters, you could make this game with any characters. It's not a Simpsons trivia game. You don't need to watch the show to play the game.

I'm clearly stating I like the game, but don't like the show. What's difficult about this to understand?
  • Holli537
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    mec06 wrote:
    Holli537 wrote:
    I've been playing since right before Whacking Day, and I'm a daily player (multiple times a day), but I absolutely can't stand The Simpsons TV show. Love the game, though.

Seems like everyone here is a fan of the show. Am I alone? LOL

No your not alone, I'm not really a fan of the show. Some parts I find funny and a little amusing, but mostly I think its fairly stupid. Growing up we were not allowed to watch it as my parents hated it, so maybe my dislike of it comes from them.

I play the game as the tapping is fun and I like building things :D but my phone is always on silent and I just skip through the dialogue.

Thank you! lmao

And I feel the same. :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!