EA Forums - Banner

Challenge...

Prev1
Like out of shrubs or something?

Replies

• direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    The only help I can offer is to "bump" your post back to the top. I'm not very artistic.
  • Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited July 2013
    Here's a very very simple turtle. To do a more complex/prettier turtle, need more land (which I don't have)

9254371114_71f640e07a_z.jpg

Hope that helped spark some creative vibes
  • Keys1980
    393 posts New member
    edited July 2013
    Here's a very very simple turtle. To do a more complex/prettier turtle, need more land (which I don't have)

I like that lil turtle :)

I would also love to help but also have next to no space. Unfortunately when making anything bigger always equals better (more detail).
    Still I will see what I can do and post back later.
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    This is wonderful! Can't wait to see more. Thank you for bumping this!
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited July 2013

He just needs a lil tail.! Booya!
  • TurtlesLikeMe69
    150 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    @jenniferbusc I haven't been here very long but I have a slight feeling you like testudines?
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    My babies!, NQXoPlD.jpg
    and yep, also my nickname not in forum world,
  • simpsons7795
    817 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    My babies!, NQXoPlD.jpg

Nice! What are their names? I had box turtles as pets roaming around the backyard when I was a kid.
  • amuck10
    506 posts
    edited July 2013
    My mother would get sliders the size of a quarter because they were so cute. I now have an enclosure with over 1500 gallons in three pools running off a pool pump to hold the dinner plate sized ones she pawned off on me.
  • Pixxxa
    429 posts
    edited July 2013
    amuck10 wrote:
    My mother would get sliders the size of a quarter because they were so cute. I now have an enclosure with over 1500 gallons in three pools running off a pool pump to hold the dinner plate sized ones she pawned off on me.
    Awwr, what a nice thing to do, build a turtle rescue / sanctuary. Much better than them being released into lakes and ponds if they don't belong in the area! Huge problem here with a variety of wildlife and it has severe negative affects on the indigineous wildlife.
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Squirt- yellow bellied slider

Crush- east African side necked mud

And I love that yo rescue I try to all the time. Most turtles are killed by cars, and cut your plastic pop bottle holders, turtle can get stuck in it and their shell can grow around it.
  • mmmmdonuts0
    192 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    They are precious! It just reminded me of an awful newspaper story a while back about a turtle getting killed on a golf course with golf clubs by some a-holes. She was in the sand laying eggs.
  • amuck10
    506 posts
    edited July 2013

And I love that yo rescue I try to all the time. Most turtles are killed by cars, and cut your plastic pop bottle holders, turtle can get stuck in it and their shell can grow around it.

If found in road I just pick up and move to the side of the road in the direction they were heading. Snappers are a different story. I get a shovel and let them bite the handle and carry them that way.

Turtle enclosure is nice but a friggin lot of work trying to build with scavenged materials. Had to plastic wrap it last winter so I didn't have to set up all the indoor fish tanks again. If you live in fl and need some fish tanks let me know.
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    amuck10 wrote:

If found in road I just pick up and move to the side of the road in the direction they were heading. Snappers are a different story. I get a shovel and let them bite the handle and carry them that way.

Turtle enclosure is nice but a friggin lot of work trying to build with scavenged materials. Had to plastic wrap it last winter so I didn't have to set up all the indoor fish tanks again. If you live in fl and need some fish tanks let me know.
    again thank you for savin turtles! sadly i live in NY and i am not able to keep an outdoor area for them in winter. summertime i got a kiddie pool to bring them ouside with me, wont leave my babies unattended to afraid of them taking off.
  • HawleyBDB
    1051 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    My babies!, NQXoPlD.jpg

Awww... They are SOOOOOO cute :)
    They're amazing man :D
    Username: KidHawley
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    HawleyBDB wrote:
    My babies!, NQXoPlD.jpg

thank you! they are my kids, and i spoil the crud outa them.
  • HawleyBDB
    1051 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    HawleyBDB wrote:
    My babies!, NQXoPlD.jpg

They really are amazing... :D
    How long have you had them for? I'd love some myself...
    I have a pet rat though :P
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    HawleyBDB wrote:
    HawleyBDB wrote:
    My babies!, NQXoPlD.jpg

be two years in october! ;}
    i used ta own rats, they tried eatin babies got rid of them.

turtles are not an easy pet to have theres a lot of work in cleaning tanks and making sure they are healthy, but if you have time and want a pet that will love ya unconditionally get one or two,,, just do research first before you buy!
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I had turtles like the top one, growing up. They poop more than anything you could possibly put in a tank. They went through filters like mad.
  • HawleyBDB
    1051 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    HawleyBDB wrote:
    HawleyBDB wrote:
    My babies!, NQXoPlD.jpg

be two years in october! ;}
    i used ta own rats, they tried eatin babies got rid of them.

turtles are not an easy pet to have theres a lot of work in cleaning tanks and making sure they are healthy, but if you have time and want a pet that will love ya unconditionally get one or two,,, just do research first before you buy!

Awww sounds amazing... I bet they are beautiful pets to have. They really are so cute to :)
    Yeah I always do my research before I get pets. I've had lots of rats in the past, so know how to look after them really well now.
    Love all animals. I have a dog, cats, and a rat haha :P
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.