EA Forums - Banner

Concerts\Shows!

Replies

• menace1211
    1677 posts
    edited July 2013
    By the way, who here can make me turn green with jealousy and claim they have been to a Nirvana concert?

My wife and I lived in Portland, Oregon when they played there in 91 or 92. We decided not to go because we were both working a lot. AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! Talk about a bad decision!
  • shesaid_dest
    151 posts
    edited July 2013
    Yea but you've seen Pearl Jam 10 times, and those were 10 good decisions!!! :lol:
    But seriously man, you could have seen Nirvana live!!! Wow.
  • dsfsfsdf554
    145 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Pearl Jam 10 times, Jackson Victory tour, five Austin City Limits festivals (Muse, MGMT, Deadmau$, Coldplay, Cake, Oasis, Stevie Wonder, Kanye, Skrillex, Beardyman, the Band, Randy Newman, Black Crows, Kasabian, Drive by Truckers, the Killers, Girl Talk and many many others), Digital Underground, the Presidents Of the United States of America, Kula Shaker, Tenacious D, Def Leopard, Barenaked Ladies, Cowboy Mouth, Childish Gambino and several more I can't remember.

I'm looking forward to my first south by southwest next spring
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    By the way, who here can make me turn green with jealousy and claim they have been to a Nirvana concert?

Saw them in '91 in San Francisco and again in '93 in san Diego. '93 was not great
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Oh, now I'll really date myself...

Kingston Trio (with Bill Cosby as the opening act)

Hungry i?
    The Beatles (twice)

Me too, Cow Palace and Candlestick
  • shesaid_dest
    151 posts
    edited July 2013
    'I hate you i hate you i hate you'!

:lol: just kidding.

Twice, wow! Tell us more! 8) what did they play? How was the crowd? And how were they?
  • menace1211
    1677 posts
    edited July 2013
    Yea but you've seen Pearl Jam 10 times, and those were 10 good decisions!!! :lol:
    But seriously man, you could have seen Nirvana live!!! Wow.

It kills me every time I think about it! :x
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited July 2013
    Rolling Stones last night in Hyde Park. I know, it's only rock n' roll, but I like it. :wink:
  • vixoovee
    380 posts
    edited July 2013

I did !! I saw them in a rock festival Sao Paulo, Brazil, in 1993. They claimed it was their worst gig ever, but in fact, I had a great time, it was one of the best concerts I've been.

But I never had the chance to attend a Soundgarden concert. I actually liked them much more than Nirvana.

My fave band is Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, I've seen them a few times.
    When I lived in Sao Paulo, I used to attend more concerts, now not so much.

Now, I would LOVE to see Leonard Cohen live. This would make me turn green! :mrgreen:
  • shesaid_dest
    151 posts
    edited July 2013
    I've seen Soundgarden! :D
    But i would have rather seen Nirvana :lol:
    Ok, i'm jealous now!
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    'I hate you i hate you i hate you'!

:lol: just kidding.

Twice, wow! Tell us more! 8) what did they play? How was the crowd? And how were they?

In '91 I saw them in October and they were just getting huge. To the best of my memory they played about half of Nevermind and most of Bleach. I honestly don't remember the crowd much at that one. The one in '93 I remember because Kurt was just not into it, he kept taking his guitar off. We were late anyway and didn't get a great vantage point. But they did do man Who Sold the World which made up for a lot.
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    vixoovee wrote:

Now, I would LOVE to see Leonard Cohen live. This would make me turn green! :mrgreen:

You better hurry :wink:
  • blackgryphon9999
    676 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    menace1211 wrote:

My wife and I lived in Portland, Oregon when they played there in 91 or 92. We decided not to go because we were both working a lot. AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! Talk about a bad decision!

That's where I saw the Beatles -- in 1964 and 1965. My son and I just moved back to Portland this past Wednesday. Things sure have changed since I was a kid. Sooooo much more traffic.
  • menace1211
    1677 posts
    edited July 2013
    menace1211 wrote:

That's where I saw the Beatles -- in 1964 and 1965. My son and I just moved back to Portland this past Wednesday. Things sure have changed since I was a kid. Sooooo much more traffic.

We're heading up there next September to drop my daughter off at college. I've heard the same thing about the traffic. We moved away in '93. I loved it up there. Have you been to Voodoo Donuts yet? It's supposed to be amazing.
  • blackgryphon9999
    676 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    menace1211 wrote:
    menace1211 wrote:

We're heading up there next September to drop my daughter off at college. I've heard the same thing about the traffic. We moved away in '93. I loved it up there. Have you been to Voodoo Donuts yet? It's supposed to be amazing.

I've never heard of Voodoo Donuts. I'm definitely going to check it out.
  • HomerClone702
    91 posts
    edited July 2013
    Red Hot Chili Peppers-Gnarls Barkley in 2007. Slick Rick also in 2007. Ted Nugent and Lynyrd Skynyrd, forgot the year.
    All three concerts were amazing. Good times!
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited July 2013

That's where I saw the Beatles -- in 1964 and 1965.

You sure it wasn't Seattle in '64?
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited July 2013

Me too, 1993, Aragon Ballroom in Chicago, the show was about a week after my 21st birthday. It was amazing!
  • frankenjacko
    237 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    In the past month,
    RHCP, Cake, Metallica, Deftones, Dropkick Murphys, Counting Crows,Dillion Francis, Datsik, 12th Planet, and Dead Sara
  • vixoovee
    380 posts
    edited July 2013
    shaygitz wrote:
    vixoovee wrote:

You better hurry :wink:

Lol! It's true...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.