13Next

Replies

• simpsons7795
    817 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    B^tch^ng.

Thank you
    Your welcome, just seen him on Sunday

Yes, I remember you saying you were going...great show I take it?

I was actually lucky enough to meet Mr. Zombie back in 2001. He was doing an autograph signing at a music store in *. Louis and my friend's sister worked there and got us in early to have our pictures with him. I still have that picture framed and on the wall in my kitchen.
    Good show, coulda been better if it wasn't Monster Mayhem and 50 other lame bands, and attendance was nothing for a Darien Lake concert, I guess that's what happens when u announce time for stuff at 1 but zombie didn't come on till 10, he walked past me like two feet at end of show. Would love to meet him I jealous. Better show was past November with Manson at the Armory.

Yea, those summertime all day festivals are filled with dozens of bands you've never heard of and lots of waiting until the 2 or 3 bands you came to see hit the stage in the evening.
  • doh1236
    45 posts
    edited July 2013

Sadly my first album was 1984 by Van Halen

That sound very pretentious. VH has always been a great band, even with the tongue in cheek cheesy DLR lyrics and the even more ridiculous no tongue in cheek Hagar lyrics.

My first album was Styx Kilroy Was Here.

Domo arigoto, Mr. Roboto.
  • dsfsfsdf554
    145 posts Member
    edited July 2013

This was my first album. My first cd was Public Enemy -It Takes a Nation of Millions to hold us back
  • menace1211
    1677 posts
    edited July 2013
    shaygitz wrote:
    menace1211 wrote:
    My first album purchased was

BBCode (message boards & forums)
    65Tmg6r.jpg

Ha! I was at that show, you can hear me between two tracks. :D

I thought that sounded like you!
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited July 2013
    doh1236 wrote:

That sound very pretentious. VH has always been a great band, even with the tongue in cheek cheesy DLR lyrics and the even more ridiculous no tongue in cheek Hagar lyrics.

My first album was Styx Kilroy Was Here.

Domo arigoto, Mr. Roboto.

Maybe it is pretentious, or maybe I just feel like I rediscovered music (music that I still like today) later on and my younger adolescent tastes embarrass me slightly. Instead of just listening to what my friends listened to, I found music that truly appealed to me and struck a much deeper chord in myself and made me appreciate music on a deeper level.

Maybe Van Halen does that for you, but it didnt for me, no insult was intended.
  • theanimaldav
    723 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Blink_182_****_Of_The_State-Front[1].jpg
    First album I acquired, still listen to it today and still love it! :mrgreen:
  • Holli537
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I couldn't possibly remember. It was too long ago.

The first song I bought on my phone, however, was "Fireflies" by Owl City. Couple weeks later, I no longer liked the song.
  • Urmas-1
    39 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Peter Gabriel - So
    (Vinyl LP)
    (Albums were extremely difficult to obtain here in Estonia these days as we were occpied by Russians and the great mayority of legal LPs were calssical music and (Russian) folk)
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited July 2013
    Metallica Master of Puppets. When Media Play was still around.
    i love Metallica ! But also a big fan off there * anger album because it had an industrial sound to it.

Holli537 wrote:
    I couldn't possibly remember. It was too long ago.

The first song I bought on my phone, however, was "Fireflies" by Owl City. Couple weeks later, I no longer liked the song.
    . Lol but did u get your money's worth out of it ? Lol :lol:

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.