EA Forums - Banner

Homer Buddha or Mystery Box: Which has been better for you?

Prev13
Homer Buddha is the better of the 2. But the Lemon Tree can only be obtained from the Mystery Box. Plus the Mystery Box can snag you some donuts.

So they both have their pros and cons. Hopefully as EA releases new updates, both the Buddha & Box will get better.

Replies

• QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited August 2012
    Ive started playing the game 2 weeks ago. first weekly mistery box for me has been the lemon tree,how lucky am I??

Ive purchased a mistery box once with donuts to have another mistery box inside it and then get 3 big bushes. My buddha homers (bought 3) have all been crap too. orange tree,apple tree and a bench with clothes on it lol
  • beardenl86
    4 posts
    edited August 2012
    Mystery box got me a gazebo and a new character! So far it's better than the homer. I did get trees bushes etc from box too, but when u get something good it is way worth it!
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited August 2012
    this game is in urgent need of a new update. Both new content and server fix's. even after visiting a friend town before closing the game I keep reloading 1 step backward wasting 5-10-20mins on characters tasks cause I have to re-do the whole thing again ..this is * me off..been like this for 4-5 days now the whole week before that was fine..

I want to buy donuts but I wont spend money to lose my donuts right after the transaction
  • Sh0wtime40
    5 posts
    edited August 2012
    Opened the 5 day daily mystery box..got 3 White Picket Fences

-____-

And somehow 2 of my donuts from levelling up just straight up disappeared. Great lol
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited August 2012
    better than 250 dollar :P lol Id make a great use of one of those fences
  • Sh0wtime40
    5 posts
    edited August 2012
    Got 6 donuts tried a Mystery Box again.

Another newspaper dispenser..I swear this game is trolling me.
  • teknohippy0
    7 posts
    edited August 2012
    At this point the mystery box isnt giving what it claims it does so I am refusing to buy any, I'll just stick with the one I get at the end of each week. Don't have much faith in the Buddha being legit either.
  • hellokenney
    100 posts
    edited September 2012
    2 mystery boxes, 2 parking lots.
  • hellokenney
    100 posts
    edited September 2012
    Just got my free mystery box. Make that three parking lots.
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited September 2012
    Ill have mine tomorrow but last weeks box was a parking lot
  • DohMoe
    506 posts
    edited September 2012
    5 Mystery Boxes, 5 Newspaper Despeners, even the one time I accidentally wasted donuts on one.

Getting my weekly box tomorrow.
  • tryingtocare
    8 posts
    edited September 2012
    Check the blue "i" button for the Mystery Box. It isn't possible to win a parking lot or fences or a bench or any of that.
    You win either Lard Lad Donuts, Squeaky Voice Teen, Tire Fire, or donuts. That's it. Read the description. They are pretty specific about what you win.
  • knwldge54
    12 posts Member
    edited September 2012
    Check the blue "i" button for the Mystery Box. It isn't possible to win a parking lot or fences or a bench or any of that.
    You win either Lard Lad Donuts, Squeaky Voice Teen, Tire Fire, or donuts. That's it. Read the description. They are pretty specific about what you win.

Strange. I thought the same thing. Of course, this was only
    until I ran through 30 donuts opening 5 Mystery Boxes. And
    this was 5 minutes ago. Let's just say that I'm pissed I spent
    all but 1 of my donuts to get some garbage.

Tree
    Brown Fences (3)
    Tree
    Large Hedges (3)
    Another Mystery Box (yes, INSIDE the mystery box);
    --and inside that: Parking space

-____- Are you kidding me?
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited September 2012
    my last weekly box gave me 10 donuts + I got the 12 free donuts for updating my game AND a donut from leveling in the same day..damn I wish they were alll like that
  • tryingtocare
    8 posts
    edited September 2012
    knwldge54 wrote:
    Strange. I thought the same thing.

The only reason you thought the same thing is because that is exactly what the game tells people.
    WHERE does it say you might win something else? I mean, prior to spending money on a mystery box, how did you know you might win a tree?
  • DohMoe
    506 posts
    edited September 2012
    QCOuTLaWz wrote:
    my last weekly box gave me 10 donuts + I got the 12 free donuts for updating my game AND a donut from leveling in the same day..damn I wish they were alll like that

Strange how I didn't get these donuts.
  • ShAdOwXPR
    42 posts
    edited September 2012
    i got 10 donuts the first box and then square tress the second, i have not been lucky with the lemon tree Sucks I have a space for it already.
  • albert2k
    271 posts
    edited September 2012
    I purchase a mystery box and lucky me, I optain a lemos tree. That one is not in the instruction from the i symbol, I thinks that this i symbolis just a guide..
  • DohMoe
    506 posts
    edited September 2012
    Weekly Box- Angel Topairy. I cant buy it yet, because of my level, so at least is SOMETHING different, and decent.
  • jimmiere07
    5 posts
    edited September 2012
    first week mystery box lemon tree. second week mystery box squeaky voice teen. got naff all when buying though
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.