EA Forums - Banner

Stopped playing?!?

the thing is, having the big waits for boardwalk pieces slows down the more advanced players with a lot of cash. i'm like you in that i don't really use doughnuts, and my in-game cash at the moment is all going towards expanding my land.

i suppose i am jealous of those who have a lot of money to spare and i often think it's frustrating that i can't do what i want with my town straight the way but i would probably get bored of the game real quick if that were the case!

Replies

• maciejbzow
    66 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    If you get a lot of boardwalk pieces, what's going to keep you coming back? The whole game is about timed tasks and you can choose how much time you spend on it. If you log in for 10 minutes everyday, that can be enough. You can set everyone on 24h tasks and you're done. You're progressing, slowly, but you are progressing without devoting a lot of time to the game.
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited July 2013
    EA's main focus here is to maintain longevity of the game. They have succeeded.
  • LuciiTigger14
    1769 posts
    edited July 2013
    I used to be one of those people that felt overwhelmed with the amount of land I still needed, and not having any cash but after putting in hours of time (I used to have a brown house farm, that I'd collect from for 3hrs straight every night), I am now in that part of the game, where I have all buildings, all land, a good few million in the bank and all I care about is decorating. I've only been playing since a couple weeks before whacking day. I've also done everything the long way, I have never rushed anything with donuts. I bought a boatload from the Gil sale, but have only bought limited time items that I liked, or premiums that I really wanted, and still have 1700 left. This game doesn't need a massive amount of money to be fun, they give so much away. And the boardwalk? I just build 1 piece at a time, and put it to the back of my mind, and now I have enough pieces to spread all my buildings out and have a half decent boardwalk. This is the type of game, where you put in alot of work now, and later you don't have to.

I've wanted to quit a couple times when I was stressed about getting all the land, but it passes, just go at your own speed, it's not a race.
  • boricua619
    45 posts
    edited July 2013
    Why would you want to build the boardwalk pieces faster? I can see if you were to purchase the other boardwalk buildings that do cost donuts but you stated that you have bills. Just ranting I suppose :-/
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited July 2013
    I used to be one of those people that felt overwhelmed with the amount of land I still needed, and not having any cash but after putting in hours of time (I used to have a brown house farm, that I'd collect from for 3hrs straight every night), I am now in that part of the game, where I have all buildings, all land, a good few million in the bank and all I care about is decorating. I've only been playing since a couple weeks before whacking day. I've also done everything the long way, I have never rushed anything with donuts. I bought a boatload from the Gil sale, but have only bought limited time items that I liked, or premiums that I really wanted, and still have 1700 left. This game doesn't need a massive amount of money to be fun, they give so much away. And the boardwalk? I just build 1 piece at a time, and put it to the back of my mind, and now I have enough pieces to spread all my buildings out and have a half decent boardwalk. This is the type of game, where you put in alot of work now, and later you don't have to.

I've wanted to quit a couple times when I was stressed about getting all the land, but it passes, just go at your own speed, it's not a race.

That's dedication right there. I strongly suggest that you bump that!

null_zps6cd6c39f.gif
  • LuciiTigger14
    1769 posts
    edited July 2013

That's dedication right there. I strongly suggest that you bump that!

null_zps6cd6c39f.gif

LOL! that is my favourite comedy show ever lol
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Tapped Out is a slow gradual process to build things. Be glad your not just starting to play. I have a few neighbors who are level 11 or 13 and I think how frustrating it is to play catch up but, you eventually get there.

There are only so many buildings for Squidport. I finally got a somewhat functional one. But I have came to terms with that. When they add new buildings, I'll be ready.

As for Krusty Land, some of us who have been leveled up for a long time have something forward to look forward to. Once you are at the top level, the updates go fast. This is the type of game that you have to be in for the long haul.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!