EA Forums - Banner

Moving Tapped Out to new iPad?

If you have no account assigned to that Springfield then good. Basically sign in with your origin account and it should say there is a level 23 Springfield on this device, is this yours?( or something like that) basically click yes and your Springfield is now that on an account you can take anywhere. Just log in on your new iPad and it should all be there.

Replies

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    dnandrews wrote:
    Hi

I have been playing Tapped Out on my 1st gen iPad and am currently maxed out on level 23 with a fairly large SpringfIeld and quite a lot of time invested so far.

I have just bought a 4th gen iPad and would like to know if it is possible to move my game to the new device?

I have not been using an Origin account. I have only just created an EA/Origin account in order to log into the forums and post this question.

Can anyone tell me if I log into Tapped Out on my original device with my new account, will I lose my Springfield? If not, could I then log into my new device with the same account to transfer my game status?

At the moment I am using my old device for Tapped Out and my new device for everything else! <snip>

Have not done this myself, but see this recent thread for a discussion about this.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9035478.page
  • DohMoe
    506 posts
    edited November 2012
    If you don't have an Origin for it, it could be gone. If you still have the 1st gen, log in with an Origin there, and see if it makes you start over or not. If it doesn't reset, you can transfer it to your new one, if it makes you start over, you're screwed. :(
  • dnandrews
    1 posts
    edited November 2012
    If you have no account assigned to that Springfield then good. Basically sign in with your origin account and it should say there is a level 23 Springfield on this device, is this yours?( or something like that) basically click yes and your Springfield is now that on an account you can take anywhere. Just log in on your new iPad and it should all be there.

Excellent, worked like a charm. :D

Thanks for the instructions.

Much more responsive on the new iPad, hopefully it will be a little more stable as well!!

David
  • robertjack97
    32 posts
    edited November 2012
    dnandrews wrote:
    Hi

I have been playing Tapped Out on my 1st gen iPad and am currently maxed out on level 23 with a fairly large SpringfIeld and quite a lot of time invested so far.

I have just bought a 4th gen iPad and would like to know if it is possible to move my game to the new device?

I have not been using an Origin account. I have only just created an EA/Origin account in order to log into the forums and post this question.

Can anyone tell me if I log into Tapped Out on my original device with my new account, will I lose my Springfield? If not, could I then log into my new device with the same account to transfer my game status?

At the moment I am using my old device for Tapped Out and my new device for everything else!

Many thanks.
    David

With your Springfield you will have to make an origin account with that, by going into the origin tab near the build tab, as you cannot add a already made origin account to a already made game, the only way to do this is to save your game to a new account!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.