EA Forums - Banner

Lake Property Coming soon? (New Characters & Restaurants)

Prev1
What do you mean "the ocean seems to be separated into tiles? There aren't any oceans in the a game...
I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as an "Ocean Update"
Just stating the obvious....

Replies

• jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    That's just water tiles. There aren't oceans.
  • KingVicc
    124 posts
    edited November 2012
    Haha I didn't mean Ocean! I meant lake tiles! Like all the way on the left side! For ports etc.

http://s10.postimage.org/du4fp83lj/water.jpg
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    KingVicc wrote:
    Haha I didn't mean Ocean! I meant lake tiles! Like all the way on the left side! For ports etc.

http://s10.postimage.org/du4fp83lj/water.jpg

I understand what you're saying; I'm just not convinced it portends what you think it does.
  • KingVicc
    124 posts
    edited November 2012
    @KrustyBrand: I guess we'll just have to wait and find out. I know that cityville did this eventually, and I don't see why EA wouldn't want to. It would be awesome.
  • stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm pretty sure those tiles were always there. I'm unsure if we'll see an expansion into the ocean anytime soon but personally I'd love it. Thinking of Springfield docks, I'd love to also see The Happy Sumo, the restaraunt where Homer almost died from eating the fugu blowfish. I know he's only a minor character but I'd love to see that building come with Akira, the Japanese waiter who served Homer the blowfish. He also helped Homer discover the origin of the Mr. Sparkle dishwasher detergent box that had homer's face on it (Do I smell a premium decoration? Wink wink EA!). I know he probably wouldn't be voiced, but if he was he could say:
    "First you must fill your head with is wisdom, then you hit ice with it" and "Hi. Hi. Hi. Bye".

I always love the minor characters :oops:
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    Just like the mountain tiles they are just there and serve no purpose. You are holding out hope for nothing.
  • KingVicc
    124 posts
    edited November 2012
    @Jasonicus321: No not like the Mountains. Unlike the mountains, the water tiles are dotted out into squares (similar to pieces of land that haven't been bought). If they weren't meant to be purchased, they would look exactly like the water at the top left corner, instead of being subdivided into squares (the mountains are not divided). Look at the image I've attached.

IMAGE: http://s10.postimage.org/du4fp83lj/water.jpg
  • KingVicc
    124 posts
    edited November 2012
    @stuartcurran: HAHA I LOVE YOUR IDEA. I'm telling you... EA should and will capitalize on this!! They can make those angry dolphins a premium item too!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/reviews/299-2.jpg
  • autographz
    172 posts
    edited November 2012
    Its been like this for months, if not the original release of the game, its not something new, so dont hold your breath... woould be pretty sweet though.
  • thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited November 2012
    I first noticed that when I started playing the game three months ago. I wouldn't say that means anything is coming "soon".
  • KingVicc
    124 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm not saying it's new lol I'm just saying that if they bothered to dot out the water into tiles, it's worth mentioning that they're planning on eventually expanding there. Otherwise it would look exactly how it does for the mountains and for the water at the top left corner.

Logically it would make sense.

• BlindBandits
    26 posts
    edited November 2012
    I picked up the game the day it first came out back in March.

I've always noticed the "dotted lines" but I just thought it was a glitch. I think it would be great if EA expanded. My town is already 13x9, so I'm almost at the maximum size allowed.

But I like the thought KingVicc - the angry dolphin characters would be awesome.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    Interesting theory with the dotted lines, but I just don't see it.
  • rs876
    874 posts
    edited November 2012
    It could be. Look closely at the black lines in the "ocean".....

IMG_1922.png
  • laramcmahon
    75 posts
    edited November 2012
    I understand what you're thinking about the dotted lines on the river but the land stops shorts at least a square before you get to the river. You can't even buy the land to get to the river so I highly doubt you'd end up being able to buy the river.
    You might be able to get the frying Dutchman with a quest like build four squares of river etc. something like that
  • robertjack97
    32 posts
    edited November 2012
    Those lines have been there since the beginning, I highly doubt that those will be purchase ale as they are just part of the grid from programming, although it would be nice to have the board walk with the dunbell, and homer could be using the dunbell as a quest, and arm wrestle at moes for a quest. I will like to see this, but as I said it might not happen.
  • bd2751
    18 posts
    edited November 2012
    I hope they give you Handome Pete who dances for quarters down at the docs. Then you'd have Krusty, Evil Krusty, and Handsome Pete. "I'm seeing triple! Nine Krusties!"

Maybe he could just have one job, dancing for nickels, and it pays off automatically like a house but he walks around like the Aztec guy or the raven. His dancing was one of my favorite animations on The Simpsons.

Also, you could add Rory Bellows skin for Krusty and his house boat.
  • lilydalelah
    134 posts
    edited December 2012
    KingVicc wrote:
    @KrustyBrand: I guess we'll just have to wait and find out. I know that cityville did this eventually, and I don't see why EA wouldn't want to. It would be awesome.
    Dream Zoo also eventually did this.
  • lilydalelah
    134 posts
    edited December 2012
    rs876 wrote:
    It could be. Look closely at the black lines in the "ocean".....

IMG_1922.png

@rs876
    Nice Springfield! :)
    I just visited you and was appreciating your use of massive bodies of water. Looks really great, and original.
  • gazzajay
    327 posts
    edited December 2012
    There is still a land gap between the water tiles though, so they would have to update that first.

To be honest I think they're just there for decoration, like the mountains, as it looks better than everything as grass tiles
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.