EA Forums - Banner

I have to be honest about 3D designs

Replies

• snugglesNY
    22 posts
    edited July 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    They're all ugly looking and they never actually look like what you intended them to be. Often times they're so off that you need to tell us what it is. But even if we're able to figure it out, it's still ugly. Sorry for the brutal honesty. It just doesn't work. Ever.

Oh my gosh, I have never more whole heatedly agreed with someone more on this forum. And I think most of the people who fawn over them are the same people small subset of folks who constantly brag about their hideous signatures. Their taste level is generally low.
  • sahl908
    989 posts
    edited July 2013
    snugglesNY wrote:
    Oh my gosh, I never more whole heatedly agreed with someone more on this forum. And I think most of the people who fawn over them are the same people small subset of folks who constantly brag about their hideous signatures. Their taste level is generally low.

Now to carefully select my pitchfork. So many to choose from :mrgreen:. Brb :D.
  • HomerSwapMeet
    726 posts
    edited July 2013
    Sahl908 wrote:
    MacJiggles wrote:
    but I challenge everyone who thinks they have or have seen REAL quality 3d Springfield art to upload it here and I challenge JoshSherer to find one that he could honestly say is, at least, not bad... or not "Ugly" :wink:

Challenge accepted :D.
    This is the best 3D town I have ever seen, by Sk3ly
    e0e367252a86e9794d2c3c4b7fc4153c_zpsbdaafeed.jpg

I threw up when I first saw it
    because it made me dizzy!
    But its nice when my head stopped spinning. :)
  • JoshSherer
    1643 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    waams wrote:
    Here's mine:

eOJZWIf.jpg

Using the benches as steps looks good. The rest of it looks ugly as sin. Sorry. I hate the green hedges around buildings to serve as a hill. And what's worse is that the building is ALREADY on a hill. So it's not even necessary. But of course you have every right to keep it and be proud of it and the work you put into it. I just find it to be vomit-inducing. But when I jab forks into my eyeballs it starts to look better. Sorry if I sound harsh.
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited July 2013
    I like very few of the 3D designs I've seen. That being said I find the majority of designs posted get treated like your own child made them. "It's beautiful little guy, you're gonna be a great artist some day".
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited July 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    waams wrote:
    Here's mine:

eOJZWIf.jpg

Using the benches as steps looks good. The rest of it looks ugly as sin. Sorry. I hate the green hedges around buildings to serve as a hill. And what's worse is that the building is ALREADY on a hill. So it's not even necessary. But of course you have every right to keep it and be proud of it and the work you put into it. I just find it to be vomit-inducing. But when I jab forks into my eyeballs it starts to look better. Sorry if I sound harsh.

Haha, it's already on a hill!!!
  • JoshSherer
    1643 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Is this turning into a fight for opinon :shock: or a 3D THREAD :lol:

You just gave me an idea buddy :)

Since its starting to look like a 3D thread...

A%20Clockwork%20Orange.gif

:lol:

These are from a neighbor.

8541765850_72ebe26214_c.jpg
    9320584126_2dc52bd5f9_c.jpg
    9183758434_597c710cb6_z.jpg
    9091492698_976c924e8e_z.jpg
    9072130439_9103a7e290_z.jpg
    8808649152_0dc534bf09_z.jpg
    8753602850_f860313592_c.jpg
    8582704433_0efc49d35e_c.jpg
    8548044036_f0e983f3f0_c.jpg
    8553882062_0eb73bc65e_z.jpg
    9255423901_260f9cd661_o.jpg

All ugly, with the exception of the coliseum and the first building in the first image. Those are decent, though the first one is ruined due to that annoying back fence at the very top surrounding the antenna. Why does that stupid back fence have to be there?
  • JoshSherer
    1643 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    snugglesNY wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    They're all ugly looking and they never actually look like what you intended them to be. Often times they're so off that you need to tell us what it is. But even if we're able to figure it out, it's still ugly. Sorry for the brutal honesty. It just doesn't work. Ever.

Oh my gosh, I have never more whole heatedly agreed with someone more on this forum. And I think most of the people who fawn over them are the same people small subset of folks who constantly brag about their hideous signatures. Their taste level is generally low.

Truth bombs were dropped by my fellow New Yorker. I agree that their taste level is low. Where in NY are you?
  • JoshSherer
    1643 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I like very few of the 3D designs I've seen. That being said I find the majority of designs posted get treated like your own child made them. "It's beautiful little guy, you're gonna be a great artist some day".

So true. Too much coddling here.
  • HomerSwapMeet
    726 posts
    edited July 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    All ugly, with the exception of the coliseum and the first building in the first image. Those are decent, though the first one is ruined due to that annoying back fence at the very top surrounding the antenna. Why does that stupid back fence have to be there?

Dude!

What are you saying? Your not suppose to like this crap!
    I'm appalled for your forgiving nature. Don't let me down JoSho! :)

127996933061.gif#oh%20hell%20no%20gif
  • JoshSherer
    1643 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:

Dude!

It's okay...my thinking something is okay looking always comes with a catch or a critique at the end. It's not true liking. It's just better than the other crap.
  • sahl908
    989 posts
    edited July 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:

Dude!

Emoticon38.gif?t=1279290575
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited July 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:

I'm not the only one to have noticed this for the past few months.
  • SeungyeonAngel
    293 posts
    edited July 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:

I'm not the only one to have noticed this for the past few months.

how about them north koreans! must be something in their kimchi!
  • VinnyDaDon
    141 posts
    edited July 2013
    WOAHHH!! This guys town better hold up to all this smack talk haha .Your mother must proud while your brothers are caught in her teeth :shock: Burn!!!!
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited July 2013
    Ahhhhhhh............. Bump!
  • SeungyeonAngel
    293 posts
    edited July 2013
    wheres the kimchi?
  • HomerSwapMeet
    726 posts
    edited July 2013
    wheres the kimchi?

****? Why are you saying that? Are you Korean?
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited July 2013
    wheres the kimchi?

****? Why are you saying that? Are you Korean?

She's trying to make a racist joke about my avatar.
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    wow that is alot but ima have to disagree with josh on his opionion today im jealous of the 3D designs n wish i could make my own.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.