EA Forums - Banner

How to deal with a copycat?

Prev134
If it bothers you that this person is copying your town then simple answer delete this person off your friends list :lol:

80% That is a lot to copy lol

Replies

• HomerSwapMeet
    726 posts
    edited July 2013
    Unfriend him if he upsets you. Then he won't copy you anymore. But its nice to know someone like your work :)

Peace
  • sahl908
    989 posts
    edited July 2013
    Nothing you can do. Might as well be flattered ;). Don't really see why someone would copy a design to the bone, defeats the purpose of the game.

I wonder if the other 20% is his own or another copy :lol:.
  • Sonos1982
    120 posts
    edited July 2013
    if it bothers you I think you should talk to him first but if that doesn't work you might just have to unfriend him
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    100% unfriend him :wink:
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited July 2013
    If it annoys you so much then delete his or her *. Personally it wouldn't bother me as I can't do anything about it. If they started posting my designs on here and claiming them as their own then I'd probably open a thread accusing them of outright plagiarism :mrgreen:
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited July 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    If it bothers you that this person is copying your town then simple answer delete this person off your friends list :lol:

haha let me guess Flanders house next to the simpsons house? I Kidd. I agree delete him if it upsets u.

Welcome to the forums :mrgreen:
  • subii42
    2737 posts New member
    edited July 2013
    If it really bothers you get rid, i like to see other peoples designs and sometimes impliment them in my springfield but decorate differently, and i would find it perfectly acceptable if someone wanted to copy mine.

But the objective if the game is build a springfield how yourself would see it :)

Hope the comments helps pal
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited July 2013
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

haha let me guess Flanders house next to the simpsons house? :

I cant believe how many people copy this idea 1wc01R2.gif
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • pantuflin007
    2747 posts
    edited July 2013
    Sup?

So I have this guy that keeps copying my building designs to almost be 1:1. Now while it's flatering and all that, 80% of his springfield looks like mine. And I'm not sure I'm cool with it. I'll post some pics tomorrow 'cuase it's almost midnight and I need to sleep.

Would like to hear your opinion on this. Unfriend this guy/ let him be?
    Please don't unfriend me. I just love your town and couldn't helped myself. :oops: (just teasing)

RyDGDKG.jpg to the forum. We would love to see you more around. :lol:

• NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited July 2013
    We would love to see you more around. :lol:

HAHA changed your comment this time i see or is this poster not your type ;)1wc01R2.gif

JK
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • simbass7
    1928 posts New member
    edited July 2013
    Track him down, knock to his door, burn the house down
    And don't forget to take angry mob with you :)
    Just an idea ;)
    simpsons_mob_layout.jpg
  • simbass7
    1928 posts New member
    edited July 2013
    Edit double post
  • pantuflin007
    2747 posts
    edited July 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    We would love to see you more around. :lol:

HAHA changed your comment this time i see or is this poster not your type ;)1wc01R2.gif

JK

:?: I'm open mouth. By the way, want some donut?

9w7vve9.jpg
  • HomerSwapMeet
    726 posts
    edited July 2013
    Sup?

So I have this guy that keeps copying my building designs to almost be 1:1. Now while it's flatering and all that, 80% of his springfield looks like mine. And I'm not sure I'm cool with it. I'll post some pics tomorrow 'cuase it's almost midnight and I need to sleep.

Would like to hear your opinion on this. Unfriend this guy/ let him be?

With

Peace

379-1283915912-bg-colorful-flashing-peace.gif

OF MY MIND!!!

-Gifkings.com1665.gif

Peace :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • dsfsfsdf554
    145 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I would unfriend, but a quick PM asking for an explanation wouldn't be out of line
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I'd probably unfriend him if it bothered me. I guess it would be kinda strange. When I visit friends, I usually know who's town I'm in because one thing or another stands out. You sure it's not that home neighbor? Copies everything. :lol::mrgreen:

Seriously, delete. But after you take and post pics! :D

By the way, welcome to our forum. 8)
  • bekahlake22
    213 posts
    edited July 2013
    Yep if it gets on your nerves then ditch em.
  • Keys1980
    393 posts New member
    edited July 2013
    I recently added a new friend. Noticed two large areas of his/her town were carbon copies of mine. Also noticed other areas that were taken from other friends of mine. Strange considering I had just added this person.

It was clearly a town constructed by someone cherry picking parts of others towns from the panoramic thread.

The reason I even added this person is because this person had been
    praised on these forums for their town.

(Whenever I get a friend request without being messaged first I search their name using the search function here. If they are active forum members I typically add them. This person wasn't very active but had received much praise so I accepted because I was curious.)

How I dealt with this was to be mildly annoyed and carry on with my day. I didn't even delete them. I'm lazy.
  • pantuflin007
    2747 posts
    edited July 2013
    simbass7 wrote:
    Track him down, knock to his door, burn the house down
    And don't forget to take angry mob with you :)
    Just an idea ;)
    simpsons_mob_layout.jpg

Haha, the angry mob, don't go anywhere without it . :P
  • martiansupia
    385 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    The best thing to do--Is redecorate your town to the the lamest, most cluttered, farming town you can do--That'll teach 'em.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.