EA Forums - Banner

OT : going to New York for the first time

124Next

Replies

• Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited August 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:
    Good advice about the scammers, they're on every corner. Just don't try to buy a Rolex :)

Even more frightening then the scammers? Hipsters.

If you see someone wearing skinny jeans, and a winter hat even though its 90 degrees, RUN, and run fast. These people are so incredibly idiotic, boring, and depressing, they will suck the life from your essence. Stay away from Hipsters.

:D

Lol! :D:D
  • Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited August 2013
    adam7226 wrote:
    Heres a picture to help you avoid the hipsters :D
    homens-e1347382625816_zps1192d0e1.jpg

Rotfl! :D:D
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited August 2013
    adam7226 wrote:
    Heres an example of the hipster you have to be afraid of :D

For the love of God....

That's the scariest thing I've ever seen
  • adam7226
    255 posts
    edited August 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:
    adam7226 wrote:

For the love of God....

haha I know, when I was looking for pictures of hipsters, I started shaking out of fear.... :cry:
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Maegnificent have fun and be safe ! Don't worry abut this forum or the game when you go on vacation just have fun bud :wink: We will be here waiting like always :-o
  • Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited August 2013
    Maegnificent have fun and be safe ! Don't worry abut this forum or the game when you go on vacation just have fun bud :wink: We will be here waiting like always :-o

Thanks! :D
  • WILL-P-1998
    205 posts
    edited August 2013
    Depends on ages of family etc...

Go to universal for simpsons related
  • pantuflin007
    2747 posts
    edited August 2013
    adam7226 wrote:
    chrisp530 wrote:
    adam7226 wrote:

For the love of God....

haha I know, when I was looking for pictures of hipsters, I started shaking out of fear.... :cry:
    Haha, I think they are cute :)
  • RandyR
    13 posts
    edited August 2013
    Great time to visit NYC and you better catch Florida before winter too. After you've checked off all the New York tourist attractions of 2013, I'd recommend visiting it's museums. I know that sounds a little boring but it's true…their museums and exhibitions are actually fun. Check out Discovery's exhibitions in Times Square here discoverytsx.com. Besides museums, NYC has some great shopping opportunities too.
  • RandyR
    13 posts
    edited August 2013
    Great time to visit NYC and you better catch Florida before winter too. After you've checked off all the New York tourist attractions of 2013, I'd recommend visiting it's museums. I know that sounds a little boring but it's true…their museums and exhibitions are actually fun. Check out Discovery's exhibitions in Times Square here Discovery Times Square. Besides museums, NYC has some great shopping opportunities too.
  • RandyR
    13 posts
    edited August 2013
    Great time to visit NYC and you better catch Florida before winter too. After you've checked off all the New York tourist attractions of 2013, I'd recommend visiting it's museums. I know that sounds a little boring but it's true…their museums and exhibitions are actually fun. Check out Discovery's exhibitions in Times Square. Besides museums, NYC has some great shopping opportunities too.

discoverytsx.com
  • LtType77
    642 posts
    edited August 2013
    Orlando for Universal Studios.. They opened the expansion of The Simpsons rides there recently.
  • jwlizard76
    851 posts
    edited August 2013
    amuck10 wrote:
    While Texas is south it sure isn't the south. Mississippi sure, but charleston South Carolina is perhaps the ideal true south that doesn't suck to much.

:thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited August 2013
    Yup decided to skip Disney and go to universal.

Love museums. Wish I had more time to visit. Can't wait to see New York! :)
  • Epic_Tapper
    1036 posts
    edited August 2013
    mpwarner wrote:
    mpwarner wrote:
    I'm looking to do 'America' next summer for about a month. Really want to visit a steak-house. Man v Food has made that a necessity in my list of things I want to do :twisted:

Reminds me of a scene from parks and recreation

swanson-food.jpg

i3kUJ.jpg

*** those two pics and my sig in a row look awesome!!!***
    You're making me hungry! :mrgreen:
  • Epic_Tapper
    1036 posts
    edited August 2013
    adam7226 wrote:
    chrisp530 wrote:
    adam7226 wrote:

For the love of God....

Haha, I think they are cute :)
    Oh no ! I think you have the hipster virus :-o go see a doctor now!! :lol:
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Read through this rather quickly, so parden me if it's been mentioned, but I really liked Ellis Island. The boat ride to there and back has an amazing view. I also liked the history of it. My relatives immigrated there in the early 1900's so maybe that's why. But if you have time, it's worth it. 8)

And I know you didn't mention Washington D.C., but I live near there, and the Smithsonian is definitely worth it. :D
  • bekahlake22
    213 posts
    edited August 2013
    Thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth. As far as amusement parks go, you'd probably enjoy FL more & Atlanta is not much of a tourist place. I've lived here my whole life & never been to that coke museum, sounds nasty, hundreds of weird flavored cokes! If you decide to visit GA on the way to Fl, I'd hit the coast. Savannah is beautiful & full of history & ghost tours. Cumberland island is an awesome nature preserve that you can take a ferry ride to & see the wild horses on the beach. :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!