EA Forums - Banner

2Next

Replies

• Lloydy68
    200 posts
    edited December 2012
    Worried over nothing. This is 2012 not 2002. I have been in forums with tens of thousands more members than this one, many who had animated avatars and there were no problems. If your pc can't handle gifs you need an upgrade. The servers will be fine.

Nothing up with my PC, can't really upgrade it any more
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    spiffshine wrote:
    Mine is animated, but not in that too-fast-so-it-makes-you-cringe sort of way... I wonder how many people have even noticed?

And I made it myself! Next, I'll make an animated GIF of me patting myself on the back. :wink:

I noticed! Great job, BTW.

Actually, mine is also animated,but it's scaled way down from my 1st of Maggie trying to walk. I thought that would be too distracting to forum users, so I chose Lisa who is enjoying my 2nd favorite activity: Reading. Express yourself!
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Nice and subtle, elsie_d! I had noticed the page turning before - it adds a great bit of depth. :D

I really can't stand some of the more obnoxious animations though... sorry xRobot! The cat slapping content is great, but the wild movement in the corner of my eye is very annoying. I have to zoom in on my iPad and move that avatar (and some other noticeably bad ones) off screen.
  • LimeWire_Prime
    55 posts
    edited December 2012
    What do you guys n girls think about my avatar and signature?
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited December 2012
    The avatar is an improvement over your old one and the signature is a fresh take on the typical stat posting.
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited December 2012

Pigs rule!
  • Lloydy68
    200 posts
    edited December 2012
    Erm
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Lloydy68 wrote:
    Erm

Hmm. And 21 December marks the last date on the Mayan calendar: will this be the end of the world as we know it?
  • Ammaterasu
    113 posts
    edited December 2012
    spiffshine wrote:
    Mine is animated, but not in that too-fast-so-it-makes-you-cringe sort of way... I wonder how many people have even noticed?

And I made it myself! Next, I'll make an animated GIF of me patting myself on the back. :wink:

I noticed, and I think it's awesome :)

I would love to have the chance to show off my avatar. Not enough forum level yet :(
    How many post do I need? Anyone knows?

Looks great! But you need to make a new one with different text every time you progress?
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    [OT] @Lloyd68: I wanted to say it long ago: yours is the best avatar ever :D [/OT]

Yes I agree, Lloydy has a very cool avatar! 8)

I do get distracted with some of the animated ones but just cover them with my hand while reading.
    Don't want to experience a Pokemon seizure! :wink:

vylgr9.jpg
  • Ammaterasu
    113 posts
    edited December 2012
    LimeWire_Prime, you have an avatar, with only 47 post.

I don't.

Why? WHYYYY?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!