EA Forums - Banner

Where did my money go?

I levelled up yesterday then the game upgraded this morning. I bought the high school, chalmer's car, the pond, and the campfire. I checkec again after a few hours and they were gone and no money was returned! Worse is that i got knocked back a level so now i have to level up again to be able to buy the high school! What gives EA?

Happens every update to many people. Happened to you this time. Sometimes it's a connection-method glitch, sometimes it's not. It's a completely random thing. Best advice is to never buy new level items the day of release.

Replies

• TheChosenJim
    2 posts
    edited August 2013
    The exact same thing happened to me. Bought the High School, Chalmers' car, campfire AND pond just before I went to bed. Woke up, and they were all gone... and so was my money. I am so annoyed and angry. Does anyone else know if there is a fix?

If not, I am done with this game. I can't believe I actually spent real-life money on it.
  • TheChosenJim
    2 posts
    edited August 2013
    Happens every update to many people. Happened to you this time. Sometimes it's a connection-method glitch, sometimes it's not. It's a completely random thing. Best advice is to never buy new level items the day of release.

Well then, its just not good enough from the developers of the game. In fact, its downright negligent.

I'm done. App is deleted. :(
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited August 2013
    Are you android? If so then I completely lost my game after starting to build the high school :!: advice given to me was to completely uninstall and reinstall the tsto app...... I did this and when I logged in to origin........ everything was back thank zombie jesus :wink:
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Try sitting on a cushion for a day or two.
  • InspctHerGajet
    257 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    No i'm on an iPhone, but I could try that. What's weird too is that everything is positioned like I had arranged it after purchasing. Example, I put some benches around the firt next to KK. So the benches saved, but the fire disappeared. It's like the items were stolen. Do you think deleting and re-installing would help?
  • quezo33quezo
    13 posts
    edited August 2013
    Thanks guys, really disappointing... Really good game but glitches like this can really ruin the experience..

• amuck10
    506 posts
    edited August 2013
    K y helps I hear.
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited August 2013
    Trying it is a no-risk option...... it will either work or not...... remember your game progress is saved in your origin account, not on your device :-)

I say go for it and fingers crossed :wink:
  • InspctHerGajet
    257 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    The exact same thing happened to me. Bought the High School, Chalmers' car, campfire AND pond just before I went to bed. Woke up, and they were all gone... and so was my money. I am so annoyed and angry. Does anyone else know if there is a fix?

If not, I am done with this game. I can't believe I actually spent real-life money on it.

This just happened to me! Everything saved, except for the actual purchases, i.e. the thing arranged around them. Now i'm over $5mil in the hole.
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    I merged your two topics, and kept the less colourful title :wink:

Shame that this happened to you guys, that's really annoying
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited August 2013
    First thing to try is uninstalling from your device and reinstalling.

Neo, I feel a s3nse of "merging"in the matrix........ including my own thread on this subject....
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited August 2013
    Ooops :oops: sorry oh shifty eyed one :mrgreen:
  • InspctHerGajet
    257 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Are you android? If so then I completely lost my game after starting to build the high school :!: advice given to me was to completely uninstall and reinstall the tsto app...... I did this and when I logged in to origin........ everything was back thank zombie jesus :wink:

Just re-installed. No change. I hope EA can fix this somehow.
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited August 2013

Maybe open a ticket with EA.
  • InspctHerGajet
    257 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    mwdalton wrote:

Maybe open a ticket with EA.

How do I do that? Also, do you think they will even help since no real money, eg donuts, were lost?
  • LuciiTigger14
    1769 posts
    edited August 2013
    I've heard this can be caused by using 2 different Internet connections. For example, you level up and buy all your items while on your wifi, then later on when your out and connected to just 3G or 4g whatever your phone has, then all the items are gone. And once you connect back upto your wifi all the items should be there.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    First thing to try is uninstalling from your device and reinstalling.

Neo, I feel a s3nse of "merging"in the matrix........ including my own thread on this subject....

HAHA! Blaming me when it was the Dog :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Ooops :oops: sorry oh shifty eyed one :mrgreen:

I benevolently forgive you. :wink:
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited August 2013

You didn't spend real-life money on those items.
  • SamCarterX206
    898 posts
    edited August 2013

You didn't spend real-life money on those items.

'Tis true. You may have spent real-life time on those items, but not real-life money. Just virtual fake money.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.