EA Forums - Banner

Happy labour day!!!

Prev1
Does this include white sport socks? Cos I'm training tomorrow lol plus labour day doesn't really apply over here tho :P

Replies

• Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    Woohoo! There was no work today! :lol: There won't be any Thursday either. :mrgreen: (Rosh Hashanah/Yom Kipper observed in the Washington D.C. area.)
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    Woohoo family barbecue today. Happy Labor Day folks!
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited September 2013
    did anybody tell u I'm related to u too.......pass me a burger please :wink:
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Does this include white sport socks? Cos I'm training tomorrow lol plus labour day doesn't really apply over here tho :P

Ya think you don't have to worry about it lol and I don't have the day off :( but I work 8 hours get paid as if I worked 12 :D
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    did anybody tell u I'm related to u too.......pass me a burger please :wink:

Will do Sky! There mite be steak! :mrgreen:
  • Epic_Tapper
    1036 posts
    edited September 2013
    Happy labor day everybody, eventhough i dont even know what it is :mrgreen:
  • Hallran84
    2 posts
    edited September 2013
    Work??? I thought this was a game!
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    Happy labor day everybody, eventhough i dont even know what it is :mrgreen:

It was created by the unions in North America cause there wasn't enough holidays and the people were working to much recently here in Canada they added a new holiday in February called Family Day because people were working too much and not having enough time to spend with their families. Funniest thing though about family day the government added it saying oh people need more days off to be able to spend with their family but many work places said if you want family day in February you'll have to give up a holiday some where else
  • datasurgeon
    1871 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    Hallran84 wrote:

thanks Homer :D

You can wear white after Labor day; fashion police have had that law for years
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited September 2013
    ecneralc wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Ya think you don't have to worry about it lol and I don't have the day off :( but I work 8 hours get paid as if I worked 12 :D

Extra pay for 4hrs work for nothing cant argue there can ya really ;)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • TwiztidThorn
    2686 posts
    edited September 2013
    Oh you crazy kids adding the letter "u" to every word. :lol::mrgreen: :P
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    Hallran84 wrote:

thanks Homer :D

You can wear white after Labor day; fashion police have had that law for years

Lol ya I don't even know why it's bad I always would wear white on purpose cause people would get so offended by it lol
  • Mathwall
    412 posts
    edited September 2013
    Ah happy labour day everybody I'm doing nonthing this day just sittin in my computer
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited September 2013

Well in Canada for words spelling and spoken we're influenced by British French and states, British because we show out loyalty to them even though we're our own country French because its our second language and states since we are so close and trade heavily but words like colour behaviour neighbour armour valour honour favour look so so so weird without that u to me
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    ecneralc wrote:

Well in Canada for words spelling and spoken we're influenced by British French and states, British because we show out loyalty to them even though we're our own country French because its our second language and states since we are so close and trade heavily but words like colour behaviour neighbour armour valour honour favour look so so so weird without that u to me

Where I'm from originally in western Pennsylvania, a lot of people immigrated from Britain. Some people choose to continue the spelling with the "u." We also use cupboard for cabinet, rubbish for trash and stuff that's thought of as stupid, and the boot for the trunk of a car.
  • frogger53
    683 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    ecneralc wrote:

Somehow, the "u" adds class.
  • dreadydrea
    201 posts
    edited September 2013
    I plan on wearing white slacks to work tomorrow, yeah I'm a rebel. Happy labor day to all.
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    Yay, free long weekend to have a BBQ! :P
  • dominic115
    938 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    I don't believe it's celebrated over here in the UK, but I'm not wearing white anyway :-)
  • Mathwall
    412 posts
    edited September 2013
    I didn't even know about the white thing but its only for ritch people only
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!