EA Forums - Banner

Holy crap that barrel is 40 donuts???? Worst update of all time.

I take the point about the price of the item Josh but don't yo get bored being the ultimate embodiment of Barts psychological profile.

Replies

• tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited September 2013
    Hey josh :D

I am sure you dont need me to point out that in terms of bonus boost it matches the very best you can get..... I.e 20 donuts per 1% boost :mrgreen:

That said, I reckon it is **** and would rather buy another police car or burns limo!

• JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    I take the point about the price of the item Josh but don't yo get bored being the ultimate embodiment of Barts psychological profile.

I don't get it. Are you saying I'm like Bart?
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited September 2013
    There will be a free "Three Eyed Sushi Stand" in your inventory when the quest is done.

Just wanted to give you a head start to figure out a way to complain about it.
  • mishved
    104 posts
    edited September 2013
    Why complain EA made you a celebrity
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited September 2013

I am sure you dont need me to point out that in terms of bonus boost it matches the very best you can get..... I.e 20 donuts per 1% boost :mrgreen:

That said, I reckon it is **** and would rather buy another police car or burns limo!

Wait...how does a 1% bonus = 20 donuts?
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited September 2013
    I think they forgot that in regards to the price of the new characters. That's a reasonable price for the other decorations. The Tire Fire is 40 and doesn't even give you a bonus.
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    mishved wrote:

Not really. They made JoshJeerer a celebrity. Someone asked me if I'm sure they were talking about me. If they had just spelled my name correctly it would not have been a problem.
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited September 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:

Wait...how does a 1% bonus = 20 donuts?

If you want to work out the bonus boost given by premium items, you work out how many donuts give you a 1% boost. The barrell boosts xp and jobs by 2% and costs 40 donuts. This equates to 1% for 20 donuts. I have worked it out for every premium item and 20 donuts is the cheapest you can buy a 1% boost for. I havent got my list handy but I think the ambulance is the worst value.

Its just my OCD :oops:
  • mishved
    104 posts
    edited September 2013
    You became a star don't be modest
  • HomerSwapMeet
    726 posts
    edited September 2013
    mishved wrote:

I know you! :lol:
  • firesoul19
    452 posts
    edited September 2013
    I havent got my list handy but I think the ambulance is the worst value.

Its just my OCD :oops:

Yup, i remember a while back someone figured that out when I was trying to decide what car to invest in. No ambulances for me, but then again, I don't buy everything.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited September 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    mishved wrote:

Not really. They made JoshJeerer a celebrity. Someone asked me if I'm sure they were talking about me. If they had just spelled my name correctly it would not have been a problem.

I think they purposely changed your guys names to avoid any sort of legal disputes. They made it obvious who they were referring too, but didn't want put in an exact name to the face since it becomes more a private issue.

Which is why I offered you to change your origin ID to what they put it so it matches up, to continue with your business.
  • Spenson66
    557 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    mishved wrote:

At least they only got 2 letters wrong on your name.
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited September 2013
    mishved wrote:

I know you! :lol:

You're an angel ;)

You see what I did there ? :)
  • Marcovarius
    558 posts
    edited September 2013
    spAnser wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    mishved wrote:

...and didn't turn your name into a joke ;) spAndex
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited September 2013
    spAnser wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    mishved wrote:

They only changed 2 letters on yours. Unless you count the first S being capitalized. The second s to a d, and the r to an x.
  • Spenson66
    557 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    spAnser wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    mishved wrote:

They only changed 2 letters on yours. Unless you count the first S being capitalized. The second s to a d, and the r to an x.

I guess it was 2 but they changed the meaning of mine he was at least still Josh
  • pmap89
    34 posts
    edited September 2013
    Still talking about that? Wow.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited September 2013
    spAnser wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    spAnser wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    mishved wrote:

I guess it was 2 but they changed the meaning of mine he was at least still Josh

Definitely agree with the change of meaning. But they were trying to be humorous about it though, and also (probably) for legal reasons didn't want to use the name as is. Also not trying to promote who you are and what you do, to the entire game base.
  • theredjacket
    526 posts
    edited September 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    This is basically highway robbery at this point. Did EA forget that SVT costs 30 donuts and Moleman/Kearny were 60 donuts? Why in god's name would I even begin to contemplate spending 40 donuts on an ugly giant barrel. And they didn't even give something free with this "update" (I'm using the term loosely since 1 measly pile of crap for 40 donuts does not constitute an update in my eyes). If this is a trend for how future updates are going to be, EA is even worse than they were before. And that's saying something. This may actually be the worst update ever given that it's not even an update.

Technically this is the time released second half (assuming there is another update before halloween and that that isn't also time released) to the update where you got your shout out since there has been neither an in-game or app-store update.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!