EA Forums - Banner

Older items and new players

Prev1
Brilliant post.

Replies

• Rattley06
    148 posts
    edited September 2013
    Well said, I missed out on Halloween completely last year and I'm not complaining.
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    1. Limited time only =\= one time only. Limited =\= one.
    2. Fat Tony and mini golf course say "hello".
    3. EA wants to make money and have already designed and implemented the items. If they are a profit organization, they will try to make money rather than take a pass on making money.
    4. People will still rush to buy limited time items even if they come back because they don't want to wait a year and they don't want to risk it actually not coming back for some reason (ex: Mapple Store).
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited September 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    3. EA wants to make money and have already designed and implemented the items. If they are a profit organization, they will try to make money rather than take a pass on making money.
    4. People will still rush to buy limited time items even if they come back because they don't want to wait a year and they don't want to risk it actually not coming back for some reason (ex: Mapple Store).

Now that's a brilliant post.

Did EA change their business model and decide they hate money? Why on earth would they not bring stuff back when they have thousands of people willing to pay real money for them? So they don't make self-entitled ios players mad? Get real.

I'm on iOS and have everything, so I don't really care, but it's just silly to leave free profit on the table like that. Even if they don't bring stuff back this Halloween, there will come a day when sales will begin to drop, and their ace in the hole is bringing back the old stuff that so much of their customer base craves. If they don't? They can lock up that worst company in America title for a 3rd straight year.
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited September 2013
    I kind of feel the same but i never bought kang last year and wished i had of now

EDIT:
    I take it back after reading a couple of threads, bring back all limited time objects as premium :)
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    In my opinion (I was here for all items and have all) I wouldn't care if they brought the old items back for new players but I'd suggest making it so new stuff is hard to get if you don't have old stuff kinda like you most get all old before you can even start getting new that way old players can get new stuff easy and new players will have to wait a year to get this years new stuff if they aren't dedicated enough to get it.
  • Oatmeal832
    569 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    Honestly, I'm torn on this issue. On one hand, I'm a fairly recent player - I came on board around Memorial Day, so I missed everything prior to that. I'd love to be able to get some of those old exclusives - I was even tempted to take the "Lamezino" route!

But on the other hand, I can understand why some would be annoyed if the "limited" items they got were no longer quite so "limited".

That said, did EA ever define "limited" as "one-time only"? Unless they've specifically indicated that "limited"= "never available again", I don't see a complaint if they make limited items available again - as long as they're still limited.

So they can bring back last year's "limited" Halloween items again on a limited basis - I don't think that violates the spirit of the concept...
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    They never defined limited to mean one time. In fact, they brought 2 limited items back so far. And I'm sure more are coming in the future (one was even added to the raw data files).
  • HomerSwapMeet
    726 posts
    edited September 2013
    katehutson wrote:
    Okay, so I was one of the people who started last year on Halloween, so I got most of the things that were given out since then. Reading over the forum, so many people complain about how they want older things. I honestly think that if you don't have them, you won't get them. What's the point for me? Or for anyone else who's playing longer than you? We were playing then and we got the special items, skins etc.
    yes I feel bad for those who don't have cool homer, or the Mayan, but I mean, it was part of the episodes last year, and they're going to have new ones and new content. So y'all will get what you get.
    If love to get the heck house and kang, but I wasn't spending money on the game yet, and wasn't at the right level for the house. So I missed out.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • swientjes
    276 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:

It all about point 3 EA wants to make money

Simple solution:
    new Halloween event with new items (old players & new players happy)
    During new Halloween event also available old stuff for players who missed it for a lot of donuts (missed players happy)

Both events deliver even more cash for EA (eA super happy)

• adityahmehta
    123 posts
    edited September 2013
    There is no reason for people to be against bringing old items back...it is a game. No reason for people to feel that they need to be in an exclusive club.

That being, I don't think they will bring back old stuff unless it makes sense.

1) They brought back Fat Tony due to the addition of Legs and Louie
    2) They brought back Sir Putts a lot to incorporate Rod with the Minigolf tournament from the episode.

Thus, as far as the Halloween stuff... I think they will only bring something back if it makes sense. like:
    -Marge witch if they introduce Patty & Selma witch
    -Kang if they introduce Kodos
    -Cemetaries if they bring back zombies

Or whatever the reason as long as it makes sense.

But I wouldn't care if they brought them back. Let everyone enjoy the GAME
  • baylensmom
    786 posts
    edited September 2013
    I started playing in December last year. I really hope they bring back at least some of the stuff from last Halloween.
    I also have to bring up the fact that Android players didn't have the option, so why not give everyone the chance to get all the stuff they missed out on?
    I agree with Josh 100%, he may * a lot but he makes some really valid points.
  • vixoovee
    380 posts
    edited September 2013
    I don't understand why anyone would care if newer players were able to buy the premiums from the past. It's a game where there are no winners or losers. Also, some characters are part of sets, so some players will never have the chance to complete them.
  • theredjacket
    526 posts
    edited September 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:

To further this point:

All apple are fruits but not all fruits are apples.

All one time items are limited (in that they do not get re-released) but not all limited time items are one time.

Limited could mean:
    A small quantity is made available and that when it runs out it is gone.

Now, all we know from EA is that Limited Time Items were available for a Limited Time. Not necessarily that they couldn't be re-released (Examples: Fat Tony and Sir Putt-A-Lots).
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited September 2013
    vixoovee wrote:
    I don't understand why anyone would care if newer players were able to buy the premiums from the past. It's a game where there are no winners or losers. Also, some characters are part of sets, so some players will never have the chance to complete them.

Loving that avatar.
  • weagle1294705
    291 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm a new player and I want all of the limited stuff I missed. I think I've heard that the game wasn't available on android until semi recently so I think we should get a crack at those items, including the mapple store. I would be willing to pay but it seems fair if we get the opportunity to get them the same way others did.

Further, EA runs pogo.com. For a while now, they have been periodically offering chances to get retired badges for a limited time before they "go back into the vault". I sure hope they do the same in this game. As previously stated multiple times on this post, it can only help EA.

I understand that you so-called veterans of the game want to be special, but, come on. This isn't something you're going to put on your resume'. (I hope)
  • kuroashicook
    709 posts
    edited September 2013
    Hey putting "this" on my resume got me the presidential position. :wink: haha. But yeah hopefully last year's items are available in addition to new items of course.
  • bat_arnold55
    24 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    I've been playing since August 2012 so I have most things. However, I did miss out buying a couple of time-limited items (Abe's wrestling poster is the only thing I'd really like to get) so I guess I'm not really bothered whether others have a chance at getting some classic items. I feel bad for those that don't have Kang because he is awesome. "You made me swallow my gum!"

• vixoovee
    380 posts
    edited September 2013
    subii42 wrote:
    vixoovee wrote:

Loving that avatar.

• xDiima
    69 posts
    edited September 2013
    Perhaps they could give all items aged over a certain amount of months a donut price tag.

Eg. 12 months old: 50 donuts, 13 months old: 45 donuts etc. People will buy them that's for sure.
  • lll3lucky
    543 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    This has been a long debate. Truthfully I normally try to keep my 2 cents out, but I say: "Bring every item back". IMO EA will at some point in time as long as they benefit from it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!