EA Forums - Banner

Cannot connect to server problem

2Next

Replies

• Hightrek
    3 posts
    edited December 2012
    Initially I experienced the "Cannot connect to server" problem. I tried clicking retry several times, I tried closing the app, I tried closing all apps, I powered off my iPhone and powered it back up. Nothing worked. It would fail to connect after briefly displaying the words "Synchronizing".

I grabbed my wife's iPad and downloaded a fresh install of The Simpons: Tapped Out. I loaded up the game, logged into Origin and received a warning that my Springfield wasn't saved on my other device. I wasn't too concerned about a few lost taps so I went ahead and started. The game and my Springfield loaded just fine and the Christmas quests started.

I quit the game on the iPad, went back to my iPhone and the game started up fine on my phone and I could pick up where I left off on the iPad.

My advice:

1. Try another device and swallow the loss of the last x hours of play time, it's probably not that big of a deal to lose a few hours (ie, what you did the last time you logged in). If it is a big deal, don't do it.. wait for an official fix. After trying it out on the other device exit the game and go back to your primary device.
    2. If you only have one device available, try completely uninstalling the app and then doing a fresh install. It seems that while synching your Springfield, it may appear "not saved" to the EA servers and the current version of the app has a problem with this.
  • chalenegirl
    12 posts
    edited December 2012
    Ahhhh! I can't connect again!
    What. The. H.e.l.l.

I was having trouble all last weekend, could connect for two days and now I can't connect again.
    This is such ****!

Is this going to happen with every update? It feels like they are updating every month. Frustrating.

From Toronto Canada
  • creepyulee
    67 posts
    edited December 2012
    But it says, "Deleting 'Tapped Out' will also delete all its data." I got scared and canceled the action. Should I do it anyway?
  • Hightrek
    3 posts
    edited December 2012
    creepyulee wrote:
    But it says, "Deleting 'Tapped Out' will also delete all its data." I got scared and canceled the action. Should I do it anyway?

App and local data will be deleted. Springfields saved on Origin aren't affected. If you want to be 100% certain, do a manual back-up of your device's contents in iTunes so that you can restore later if need be.
  • hbaxter808
    32 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have been trying for an hour!!! I wanna try out the new update but it won't let me
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • MossB500
    22 posts
    edited December 2012
    Solution!!!

Deleted the app, reinstalled, and it works!! Well it did for me. gluck!
  • pkhu85
    29 posts
    edited December 2012
    Hey all, i was having the exact same issue on my ipad!! it went to the "man i hate this" screen ...however..as long as u have an origin account ur game will save..so delete the game..re-download it..and when u re-download it, it'll do the update...goodluck guys! worked for me!! hope it works for u guys as well! I know how frustrating it is!
  • hbaxter808
    32 posts
    edited December 2012
    Just saw someone else is using a IPad 2 as well. I can't connect either. Switching to my phone now! Think that might work
  • shelbalina13
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Same problem on my ipad3 in OK. I'm about to try Hightrek's suggestion.
  • woodychips134
    68 posts
    edited December 2012
    Same thing here in Ontario

So nice of them to change the screen to read "MAN, I HATE THIS SCREEN."

So true EA, so true.....
  • hbaxter808
    32 posts
    edited December 2012
    Gave up on ipad2 went to my iPhone and that worked!!! So I'm on now yeah
  • aeaem
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Assume rant, frustration and NO FUN. Yes, EA, NO FUN.
    EA really should be shamed javascript:emoticon(':oops:'); for these connection problems.
    Right now it is choking on synchronization. I'm going to quit retrying in a minute. "Man, I hate this screen"
    IPhone, California
  • 1Dumblnd
    26 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I deleted the ap from my ipad & downloaded again, didn't lose anything, & now it connects to the server. I did backup to cloud first, just in case.
  • nedflanders7
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    Confirmed. Deleting and re-installing the app also worked for me.
  • creepyulee
    67 posts
    edited December 2012
    Hightrek wrote:
    creepyulee wrote:

App and local data will be deleted. Springfields saved on Origin aren't affected. If you want to be 100% certain, do a manual back-up of your device's contents in iTunes so that you can restore later if need be.

Thank you so much! I am in! :D
  • shelbalina13
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Hightrek's suggestion worked :-D
  • tappedoutdave
    131 posts
    edited December 2012
    My wife was getting the same cant connect error on her ipad mini.

So she tried her iPhone 5.

Same error, but when she went back to her ipad mini it worked just fine. She is playing now.

• btumpak
    6 posts
    edited December 2012
    Same problem - just delete app and reinstall - as long as you have origin account you will not lose anything

this will fix the problem guaranteed.
  • 2Shay539
    52 posts
    edited December 2012
    Uninstall-Reinstall worked!! Thanks! I've been waiting and trying for the better of 2 hours.
    Didn't lose any info and all is working well. :)
  • TheThrashMan
    365 posts
    edited December 2012
    Confirmed!!!!! I deleted the app and reinstalled and all is well. Good luck to all!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!