EA Forums - Banner

massive login issues since halloween2013 update

Prev13
I am having this very same issue. I've been playing this game since last Halloween, and the recent 2013 Halloween update has caused this freezing glitch to show up. It seems to happen only in my town. If I'm in a friend's town, the game seems to run quite smoothly.

Any help out there, EA?

Replies

• mccorthomas
    18 posts
    edited October 2013
    I bet it's because of the animation of shadows and leaves on top of everything else overloading the memory. If only there was a way to switch it off...
  • PPriser
    1 posts
    edited October 2013
    This has been happening to me as well for a long time. Game would exit to the home page, force the phone to restart, lock up, etc. I thought it might be my phone but seems alot of people are experiencing the same issues.

I can't even go to neighbor's places or Krustyland without crashing.
  • lithoguy
    9 posts
    edited October 2013
    yeah im having the problem too

I dunno if its because im using an old iPhone 4?

but i've never had much of a problem before.
    now i really want an 5S or HTC one.
  • Gloftoe
    6 posts
    edited October 2013
    FTR, this is happening to me on an iPhone 4 running 7.0.2, and an iPhone 5 running 6.1.
  • lithoguy
    9 posts
    edited October 2013
    gloftoe, was it more on the 4?
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I have a galaxy tab 2 7.0 and mine is working fine?
  • Gloftoe
    6 posts
    edited October 2013
    lithoguy wrote:
    gloftoe, was it more on the 4?

Actually, it was happening less on the iPhone 4.
  • Gloftoe
    6 posts
    edited October 2013
    As an update, I tried playing on my account with my wife's iPhone 5 (running 6.1.2), and the problem cropped up there as well. It's either an iOS-wide bug, or a problem with my town/account. Does EA ever answer concerns here on this forum?
  • Mark_Ravn
    28 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I've got the same problems. The game is unplayable on my Xperia play phone.. But it works fine on my galaxy 2 tab..
  • Gloftoe
    6 posts
    edited October 2013
    Another update: I spent the better part of half an hour poking around in towns on my friends list, with NO ill effects. As soon as I came back to my town, the game froze. My wife went into my town (we're on each other's friends lists) and what happened? The game froze on HER device.

It seems there is something wrong with my town. Is there a way to get EA to look at accounts for trouble spots?
  • yulkasav
    5 posts
    edited October 2013
    I'm so mad with this freezing :evil:
    I've been playing this game for a long time and never had any problems with it. But since ios 7 update or haloween update, or both of them, I have problems with server connection. And today I cannot play the game at all. At first I could enter in my town, but when I visited my friend towns the game would just freeze. Now all I can do is watch this doughnut rolling and rolling at the front screen.
    My internet connection is ok, and my Ipad 3 has enough memory to run the game.

EA, please, do something!
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    yulkasav wrote:
    I'm so mad with this freezing :evil:
    I've been playing this game for a long time and never had any problems with it. But since ios 7 update or haloween update, or both of them, I have problems with server connection. And today I cannot play the game at all. At first I could enter in my town, but when I visited my friend towns the game would just freeze. Now all I can do is watch this doughnut rolling and rolling at the front screen.
    My internet connection is ok, and my Ipad 3 has enough memory to run the game.

EA, please, do something!

Hey Neighbour! :)

Everyone seems to have connection issues at some point, I hope yours will be fixed soon.
  • styxgroupi
    3 posts
    edited October 2013
    Okay EA, I absolutley love love the game but thing never ending crash and freeze is making me want to stop playing! I have tried every remedy I have read about, NOTHING working the new Halloween stuff made it worse... why cant EA drop the leaves and shadows? Grrrr about fed up.... :evil: :!:
  • wyendn
    310 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Some of my characters are frozen since the update yesterday. Tried the reinstalling the app and powering down ipad
    but still stuck.
  • HHXGretsch
    1 posts
    edited October 2013
    I'm on Motorola XT925 (RAZR HD) and this just crept up last night after the update to introduce the new items. The game was running smooth and then this freezing glitch thing showed up. Sometimes it even causes the screen to flash. I had no problems running just before item introduction. It'd be nice to get a fix for this.

• EwenRamsay
    3 posts
    edited October 2013
    My wife and I are also having this problem. We cannot connect to server. This is now been going on for 12 hours plus. So much for enjoying the Halloween update! Bang goes the daily reward! I tried a reinstall and installing it on my android device instead of the iPads that we normally use and no cigar! :(
  • Rambo081783
    4 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I am having the same problem. I even reloaded the app to my iPad. Not sure what else to do.
  • spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Me too. Not only does the server not connect but it signs me out of origin *sigh* (Why cant it at least remember my email address I hate typing on the iphone) but when I try to sign in it says server not responding. Beyond frustrating! Why dont they prepare their servers for increased volume? AND WHAT IS WITH THE COUNTDOWN to reconnect??! Even MORE frustrating!!
  • edited October 2013
    i have that same problem and i getting pissed about it
    when gonna FIX IT :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
  • LordRaahhh
    12 posts
    edited October 2013
    Me too. I hope they have a fix soon.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.