EA Forums - Banner

Kang appeared when placing Victorian UFO

Replies

• hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    timberwuf wrote:
    If I manage to get to 4k GOO today, i'll find out whether I have to pay for Kodos or not.
    Let us know.
    I don't see how they could give kang away free to those who missed out on him last year and make those who already have him pay for kudos.

What i am trying to say is If you paid for Kang last Halloween you get Kodos for free. If you didn't get Kang last year then you get him for free after building the UFO and you would have to pay for Kodos as he comes with the Ray Gun.
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited October 2013
    timberwuf wrote:
    If I manage to get to 4k GOO today, i'll find out whether I have to pay for Kodos or not.
    Let us know.
    I don't see how they could give kang away free to those who missed out on him last year and make those who already have him pay for kudos.

What i am trying to say is If you paid for Kang last Halloween you get Kodos for free. If you didn't get Kang last year then you get him for free after building the UFO and you would have to pay for Kodos as he comes with the Ray Gun.

No matter how you play it out, seems we are paying 150 donuts for both of them.....
  • frootloops917
    56 posts
    edited October 2013
    I've bought Kang last year with the ray gun.
    But my crashed raygun was in my inventory during the update, and if I place it bakc, nothing happens. I mean Kang won't appear. -.-

anybody else having this problem ?
  • silkwormking
    69 posts
    edited October 2013
    Last year Kang was 150 donuts. Shot him 3 time with the ray gun and he crashes into it. You need the crashed UFO and ray gun to keep him in game. A ray gun is placed in the inventory. This year Kodos is free With the Victorian UFO. If you get your ray gun out if not already shoot him 3 times. He will crash as well and another new ray gun is placed into inventory. The first task for Kodos is act harmless for 24h. Also he has no voice.
  • wagondriver4
    293 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    So how much is the ray gun, when it is available to me? I will be getting it, but I am running out of donuts fast. Priority 1 was get cemeteries, 2 was witch marge skin. Now I only have 240 donuts left, and need Kodos and Kang.
  • frootloops917
    56 posts
    edited October 2013
    Last year Kang was 150 donuts. Shot him 3 time with the ray gun and he crashes into it. You need the crashed UFO and ray gun to keep him in game. A ray gun is placed in the inventory. This year Kodos is free With the Victorian UFO. If you get your ray gun out if not already shoot him 3 times. He will crash as well and another new ray gun is placed into inventory. The first task for Kodos is act harmless for 24h. Also he has no voice.
    I have the crashed ray-gun and the new one. the crashed was in my inventory and when I place it in Springfield Kang won't appear.

And he is also out of the characters in Treehouse of Horror XXIII.
    G6LAj9v.jpg
  • Cyberlord604
    22 posts
    edited October 2013
    So I guess Kodos won't be free then. Here's showing that I received Kang.
    15f3t6p.png

so... how can you be so fast? i also tap many ghosts and l place many gremlins in friends cities, i started yesterday evening and got only >600 goo now...

second: i noticed in your screnshot in the top right corner you have a different symbol than i have... i have a ghost and when i click on it there's a drop-downmenu with ghosts and bombs... what is yours good for?
  • brenden720448
    83 posts
    edited October 2013
    All of my 100 friends have goo to collect, so I get a lot from them. I have the cemeteries, mausoleum, wailing walls, and other items that provide extra ghosts. I haven't rushed anything except for the first quest to build the Gypsy building. I guess that explains the goo count?

That symbol in the upper right is the vacuum thing you get at 1250 goo. It vacuums up the ghosts when you hold your finger down on screen.
  • InsersPL
    6 posts
    edited October 2013
    http://simpsonstappedout.wikia.com/wiki/Ray_Gun

The Ray Gun is a premium decoration that is available during the Treehouse of Horror XXIII Event and Treehouse of Horror XXIV Event. Upon building it, the player can crash Kang (or Kodos') spaceship, which creates the Crashed UFO, which unlocks the new alien

Buy ray gun for 150 Dounts and crash Kodos ufo
  • Cyberlord604
    22 posts
    edited October 2013
    All of my 100 friends have goo to collect, so I get a lot from them. I have the cemeteries, mausoleum, wailing walls, and other items that provide extra ghosts. I haven't rushed anything except for the first quest to build the Gypsy building. I guess that explains the goo count?

That symbol in the upper right is the vacuum thing you get at 1250 goo. It vacuums up the ghosts when you hold your finger down on screen.

ah, ok, that's nice...

now i also noticed that cemetery and the ancient graveyard make ghosts... yesterday that wasn't so
  • SamCarterX206
    898 posts
    edited October 2013
    I have the crashed ray-gun and the new one. the crashed was in my inventory and when I place it in Springfield Kang won't appear.

G6LAj9v.jpg

That's because he's in the Aliens section in the character list now:
    250px-Tapped_Out_Aliens.png
  • dominic115
    938 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    So you can get 2 ray guns if you already had Kang? I'm confused.
  • frootloops917
    56 posts
    edited October 2013

G6LAj9v.jpg

That's because he's in the Aliens section in the character list now:
    250px-Tapped_Out_Aliens.png
    I know that he moved to the alien section, but why isn't he appearing, when I place back the crashed ufo. I'll wait, until I get the victorian UFO and see if he will appear automatically.
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Does anyone know what characters need to be free to prompt Kangs quest chain? I just did the one where Lisa starts the quest for him to activate the beacon, but nothing happened after that.
  • Nelly1989
    79 posts
    edited October 2013
    Does anyone know what characters need to be free to prompt Kangs quest chain? I just did the one where Lisa starts the quest for him to activate the beacon, but nothing happened after that.

+1 I'm also in the same position after the first quest...
  • LPNintendoITA
    11394 posts Member
    edited October 2013

http://gameguidecentral.com/simpsons-tapped-halloween-2013-event-kang-kodos/
    Lisa lisa kang lisa are the prompts

To have kang u need to get the victorian ufo to have kudos u need to buy the premium ray gun if you dont have it from last year
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Hmmm. Weird. I got the task for him to activate the beacon, but nothing happened after that. Will wait for him and Lisa to be available at the same time to see if that pushes things forward. Thanks.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11394 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Hmmm. Weird. I got the task for him to activate the beacon, but nothing happened after that. Will wait for him and Lisa to be available at the same time to see if that pushes things forward. Thanks.
    of coursethey have to be both available
  • aichan0321
    27 posts
    edited October 2013
    Yes, Kang appeared for free after 3000 goo which was a huge surprise since I can't afford premium items!
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    of coursethey have to be both available

Apparantly not! When Lisa finished her task I got the next Kang one, even though Kang was already doing something else at the time.

So NYEH!!!! :p
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!