EA Forums - Banner

Gremlins?

Prev1
For every gremlin you kill, you get 2 goo and your neighbor gets 2 goo. If you or your neighbor don't click on them in four hours, the one who sent them gets all 4 goo.

Replies

• datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    It's is a good thing. They take nothing from the town their in. If you catch them you get 2 goo the releaser gets 2 goo. If the gremlin evades you for 4 fours the releaser gets 4 goo and you may never know they were there.

Note Gremlin Goo is type AB and Ghosts are Type O, one can't transfuse one type to the other but I forget which way
  • fluffling
    516 posts
    edited October 2013
    Gremlins are a good thing
    if you tap them you and the person who sent them get 2Goos each
    if you don't tap them within 4hours the person who sent them gets all 4 GOOs
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I was thinking about this yesterday as my gremlin total exceeded 50 and I was looking for towns to drop some of them off. I noticed a lot of my friends' towns had 0 spaces open for them so I had to keep looking through many before I could find open spaces.

Previously, I tried to avoid towns with 10 spaces open because I thought of those friends as squishers, but is that really a bad thing? Is it better to just each get 2 Goos than be stuck with a bunch of gremlins waiting for spaces to open up in friends' towns following gremlin etiquette?

If I have all 10 of my gremlin spaces occupied by 10 friends (or less if they leave more than 1), then my remaining friends can't drop off their gremlins in my town and have to spend additional time looking in other towns for open spaces.

I'm conflicted on this as I've benefited tremendously from depositing gremlins in other towns before going to bed and waking up the following morning with free goo. This morning I had a 148 waiting for me when I woke up.
  • kadj1981
    13 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    So I have a question, I had wrote that I wasn't going to tap gremlins left in my town, but after reading all the posts about gremlins, I am now thinking about tapping them. What do you think I should do?
    As other posters have said the mire you tap them the more others have a chance to add to your town. Also, it does benefit both people. I just feel bad about changing my mind and don't want my neighbors to be upset.
  • fuzznugget77
    1034 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Tap them, my friend list is full of people that don't and it makes it extremely hard to place gremlins because everyones towns are always full up.

They are there to be tapped if they weren't why would ea have made them tappable?
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited October 2013
    I tap them, it may not give one person the most, but it gives more than one person some and amounts to more goo earned overall.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    madfish86 wrote:
    I was thinking about this yesterday as my gremlin total exceeded 50 and I was looking for towns to drop some of them off. I noticed a lot of my friends' towns had 0 spaces open for them so I had to keep looking through many before I could find open spaces.

Previously, I tried to avoid towns with 10 spaces open because I thought of those friends as squishers, but is that really a bad thing? Is it better to just each get 2 Goos than be stuck with a bunch of gremlins waiting for spaces to open up in friends' towns following gremlin etiquette?

If I have all 10 of my gremlin spaces occupied by 10 friends (or less if they leave more than 1), then my remaining friends can't drop off their gremlins in my town and have to spend additional time looking in other towns for open spaces.

I'm conflicted on this as I've benefited tremendously from depositing gremlins in other towns before going to bed and waking up the following morning with free goo. This morning I had a 148 waiting for me when I woke up.

the great thing about this Halloween event is that there is plenty of GOO to go around. No one should have any trouble getting all 10 personal prizes. I've already got the first 8 and there is still a month to go! I say drop the gremlins where you can. The overnight thing works too (I do it) but I also drop during the day.
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I have the opposite problem, I am starved of Gremlins. Been tapping every neighbour on my friend list (well all those with goo), somewhere around 60 neighbours but I hardly ever seem to gain gremlins to drop.
  • irishladsoca
    398 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    tap them of course! keeps space open for more. do you want more goo or not, 2 goos each while friends are awake all day long ain't bad at all, placing gremlins in towns where your friend lives on other side of the planet more then likely will give you all four cause there sleeping, friends on the other side of the world placing gremlins in your town while you're sleeping, same thing, they get all 4, so it works out in the end. Definitely tap them when ya see them. i'm getting over a 1000 goo a day. 275 goo from 8000 as of this writing
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Do gremlins give you donuts sometimes or just goo.
  • fuzznugget77
    1034 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Do gremlins give you donuts sometimes or just goo.

I haven't had one from a gremlin but maybe someone else has?
  • canadianspring
    410 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I have the opposite problem, I am starved of Gremlins. Been tapping every neighbour on my friend list (well all those with goo), somewhere around 60 neighbours but I hardly ever seem to gain gremlins to drop.

I'm having the same problem, I can't seem to enough gremlins.
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited October 2013
    Gremlins are great :twisted:
  • edited October 2013
    so gremlins "die out" after 4 hours? Is that right? Or they will keep giving you 4 GOOs as long as they are alive in your friend's town?

Thanks in advance
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited October 2013
    kadj1981 wrote:
    So I have a question, I had wrote that I wasn't going to tap gremlins left in my town, but after reading all the posts about gremlins, I am now thinking about tapping them. What do you think I should do?
    As other posters have said the mire you tap them the more others have a chance to add to your town. Also, it does benefit both people. I just feel bad about changing my mind and don't want my neighbors to be upset.

Tap them! Personally I leave them expecting people to tap them.when I visit my friends if they have space I always leave one or two for them to tap and if you have been particularly generous I leave more and if I accidentally unhaunt one of your house I will leave you more to compensate the accident...so don't be afraid to tap them!
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited October 2013
    so gremlins "die out" after 4 hours? Is that right? Or they will keep giving you 4 GOOs as long as they are alive in your friend's town?

Thanks in advance

Gremlins eat goo...they have 4 hours to eat 4 goo. If they are squished before 4 hrs you and your friend share the 4 goo. If they survive 4 hrs the friend who left them in your town get 4 goo as soon has the delay has expire (at least I think)...but they still count in your total gremlins until you return to your town even if the 4hrs delay has passed meaning that your friends cannot put more gremlins in your town until you go in your town and reset the counter (that I know I tested it). Hope I make sense...
  • jenrussell12
    18 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I have had a donut from a person being a ghost
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited October 2013

Me too..... I seem to be short of gremlins to release! Its embarrassing because some of my neighbours have left me 5 or 6 in a single visit :shock:

IT MAKES ME WONDER...... should I continue to share my meager gemlins out or should I treat each ne7ghbour to a load as numbers allow?

What do you reckon Zaphod?
    (I am a huge huge douglas addams fan!!)
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I dont know, I feel the same. I too have neighbours who I seem to feel drop a shed load of gremlins in my Springfield and I am unable to return the favour, I am thinking saving them for those neighbours is the best thing to do.
  • Ditsy6
    255 posts
    edited October 2013
    I've noticed the last day or so that I am not getting a whole lot of gremlins at all from visiting towns/popping ghosts/haunting towns. So it's frustrating when I have friends come to my town and drop 5-10 on me and I don't even have any to repay them with.

The first few days I was getting a lot so I went gremlin crazy on my friends towns...now I'm bummed :(
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.