EA Forums - Banner

Lisa Disappearing

I haven't seen the bug that others are reporting and I have had Lisa on at least 4-5 sessions of trick or treat. I am on an iPad most of the time. I haven't seen in the bug reports what device folks are using. I wish they would do that, because we know there are differences by platform.

That being said, I'm not putting Lisa on that task any more until there is an all-clear.

Replies

• mattderes
    133 posts
    edited October 2013
    There are a number of thread already about this, but it doesn't just happen to the trick or treaters. I myself lost both Legs and Eddie and only got them back after storing Fat Tony's Compound and the SWAT van and then restoring them. You're no worse or better off with doing the trick or treating, so you might as well keep doing it.

My only concern is that, with so many characters now, I might well not notice one missing for quite some time. I suppose I could store and restore each building as the tax dollars come up just to be sure.
  • edited October 2013
    I use a Samsung galaxy tablet 10.1 and a 4th gen IPod Touch
  • bobbell234
    95 posts
    edited October 2013
    mattderes wrote:
    There are a number of thread already about this, but it doesn't just happen to the trick or treaters. I myself lost both Legs and Eddie and only got them back after storing Fat Tony's Compound and the SWAT van and then restoring them. You're no worse or better off with doing the trick or treating, so you might as well keep doing it.

My only concern is that, with so many characters now, I might well not notice one missing for quite some time. I suppose I could store and restore each building as the tax dollars come up just to be sure.
    You are missing the point that Lisa doesn't have a building associated with her. If she goes buggy, there is no building to store/restore to get her back.
  • mattderes
    133 posts
    edited October 2013
    bobbell234 wrote:
    mattderes wrote:

You are missing the point that Lisa doesn't have a building associated with her. If she goes buggy, there is no building to store/restore to get her back.

No, you are missing the point: neither of my missing guys were trick or treating, so obviously that's not the source of the issue - it can happen to anyone doing anything. If it matters (and I don't think it does), both Eddie and Legs had been doing 24-hours jobs. So what then? Nobody trick or treat and nobody do 24-hours jobs?
  • amauthe8
    370 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    People say characters disappear all the time. I thought I had lost Homer for the longest time before I realized he was in a corner cleaning up trash and I had simply forgot to tap him to finish. I would say the same just happened with lisa. She may have finished a quest somewhere behind something. The children are always hard to see because they have smaller bodies in general.

Just look, im sure she's there.
  • skirata1138
    81 posts
    edited October 2013
    I freakin' lost Lisa. She's on some unknown land that can't be bought. She's behind the mountains. Injust can't
    Can't tap on her before the screen goes back to my springfield.
  • heropup
    18 posts
    edited October 2013
    The bug seems to happen to characters for which the task allows them to wander off streets. At this time, your best chance to avoid this bug is to not send any characters on tasks except for the main quests. However, it should be safe to assign tasks for which the character is stationary or indoors.
  • bridgester71
    86 posts
    edited October 2013
    heropup wrote:
    The bug seems to happen to characters for which the task allows them to wander off streets. At this time, your best chance to avoid this bug is to not send any characters on tasks except for the main quests. However, it should be safe to assign tasks for which the character is stationary or indoors.

Even main quests are not safe. I just lost homer to the deep blue sea and he was on a possessed task.... I sent EA a ticket and they sent an email back saying they would be back with me shortly. HA! Soooo I continue to wait....
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.