EA Forums - Banner

Community Total Crazy Glitch!!

2Next

Replies

• VinnyDaDon
    141 posts
    edited October 2013
    Honestly how do you not know we haven't already hit the 5 billion mark but the counter is just catching up always so until it catches up to that point we wont get it but in reality we have already hit the 5 billion mark. ahhhh.... :wink:
  • SimonLYW
    164 posts
    edited October 2013
    I've built counters like these before (albeit on a much small scale). What you tend to do is collect the number aquired over a certain period of time, work out the average number collected, then the ticker is programmed to increase at that rate. Means it's not entirely accurate but runs much faster than collecting real time data and won't be terribly far out. The rate at which the ticker increments can then be easily adjusted.
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    We have over 4,666,000,000 billion good.
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    It's 23:08 pm local time in the UK, should I stay up all night and see what happens when we reach the 5 Billion mark, or go to bed? Dilemma!
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • nutsforbart
    144 posts
    edited October 2013
    I don't quite understand what is so hard to believe about a computer being able to collect data and count up to 5 Billion? Its not like there is a person sitting there with a calculator logging into each of our accounts and adding up the numbers. That number is probably readily available at any given time. I would speculate it is in a database on a central machine and is updated on a set schedule each time data from what i am assuming are multiple servers are synchronized.

But maybe I don't understand the concept of computers and automation....LOL

Good thread though. You made me look. (-:

• nutsforbart
    144 posts
    edited October 2013
    adruralo52 wrote:
    It's 23:08 pm local time in the UK, should I stay up all night and see what happens when we reach the 5 Billion mark, or go to bed? Dilemma!

I stay stay up. We wanna know! Get some coffee. Tell us what happens. LOL

Na Dude, don't you have to work or something tomorrow? Whacking Day definitely put a cramp in my work schedule....and my personal life.
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    adruralo52 wrote:

Why don't you just set an alarm on the clock to wake you up by the time we reach 5 billion goos :D Of coarse we are guessing what time it might come at :(
  • thatguywbp
    90 posts
    edited October 2013
    FreakOut.jpg
  • thatguywbp
    90 posts
    edited October 2013
    I don't quite understand what is so hard to believe about a computer being able to collect data and count up to 5 Billion? Its not like there is a person sitting there with a calculator logging into each of our accounts and adding up the numbers. That number is probably readily available at any given time. I would speculate it is in a database on a central machine and is updated on a set schedule each time data from what i am assuming are multiple servers are synchronized.

But maybe I don't understand the concept of computers and automation....LOL

Good thread though. You made me look. (-:
    It's too competent for EA. It also spends no time gathering data so you know it's a guestimation at best
  • portpower18
    176 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    It is now at 4,700,000,000 or more is that the same as anyone else has?
  • snali24
    65 posts
    edited October 2013
    If you tap the community counter up to 5billion does it give you the prize?
  • portpower18
    176 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    snali24 wrote:
    If you tap the community counter up to 5billion does it give you the prize?
    I don't know I haven't tried taping it all the way up to 5billion what is ur counter at?
  • acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited October 2013
  • portpower18
    176 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    We'll it was at 4,728,000,000 before I synced it by going to Krustyland and then it went back to 4,727,000,000
  • acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited October 2013
    I tapped it till it hit 4,730,000,000 and closed it out and went back in and it set it back to 4,728,000,000
  • portpower18
    176 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    So is it a fake tall or not? No one knows if it is real or not
  • portpower18
    176 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I think the glitch dose not change the counter forever
  • SuperMario643000
    1589 posts
    edited October 2013
    Don't touch the community counter glitch! I can't tap on gremlins anymore after useing this to see if it worked!
  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited October 2013
    Any change in the community goo total in between syncings is purely hypothetical. So this glitch is really just tapping for absolutely no benefit.

EA clearly has a specific master total, because you get it when you re-sync, but I suppose there doesn't seem to be any evidence either way as to whether it is true or not.
  • portpower18
    176 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    We know now that the glitch doesn't change the counter when it re syncs
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.