EA Forums - Banner

Paranormal beliefs

13Next

Replies

• heshmonstre
    491 posts
    edited October 2013
    Oh cool, I had no idea that this forum decorated for Halloween with a sad pathetic wasteland of trolls. Some of you need to learn some respect and good old fashioned manners. How about if you don't have something nice to say you kindly keep your pie hole shut? Maybe it's time for me to stop complaing and and actually try to help things get back to the way they were?

@Bee I want to believe. I find the folklore of hauntings fascinating, and I've visited many places that were supposedly haunted. I am the type that would need to see the proof for myself, and so far I haven't seen anything. It's always a fun adventure trying to though.
    Oh hello there. Glad to see you're taking the high road. :thumbup: Just when I thought this forum was being overrun by the dull and jaded, our savior returns!

• emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Oh cool, I had no idea that this forum decorated for Halloween with a sad pathetic wasteland of trolls. Some of you need to learn some respect and good old fashioned manners. How about if you don't have something nice to say you kindly keep your pie hole shut? Maybe it's time for me to stop complaing and and actually try to help things get back to the way they were?

@Bee I want to believe. I find the folklore of hauntings fascinating, and I've visited many places that were supposedly haunted. I am the type that would need to see the proof for myself, and so far I haven't seen anything. It's always a fun adventure trying to though.
    Oh hello there. Glad to see you're taking the high road. :thumbup: Just when I thought this forum was being overrun by the dull and jaded, our savior returns!

Geez, no half offensive to other members. Thanks bud.
  • TwiztidThorn
    2686 posts
    edited October 2013

Hi friend. I am trying to take the high road and that's why I edited out my slip up. I hope you are doing well and I would be interested in hearing your views on the topic of this thread.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy".

Yes, I did just quote Shakespeare.
  • acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited October 2013
    If you are talking of things of this world but not in this world as in another plain of existence like demons, ghosts, angels, souls, and such I would have to fall under skeptic and believer. I say skeptic because I can't fully prove it myself and I have dabbled in the occult before becoming a Christian and wanting to become a minister. I still believe in some of it to more of a degree than most Christians would say they do. I believe most paranormal entities exist. I believe in astral projection (out of body experiences), auras, demon possessions, ghosts (to a degree), aliens (to some degree), just to mention some things.

I do not fully believe the things science teaches but I do not disagree with a lot. you must accept science if you use technology, without it you would not be online reading this; medication can help and hurt at the same time; but science cannot prove the existence of things outside of this plain of existence, and may never be able to.

Playing around with some forces in the paranormal realm can lead to negative and deadly consequences. Be very careful what you get yourself into with this stuff.... ouija boards, witch craft, summoning demons, communing with the dead, tarot cards, to name some.

If you wanna know more do some research on your own and if you'd like to discuss some of it more pm me.
  • heshmonstre
    491 posts
    edited October 2013

Hi friend. I am trying to take the high road and that's why I edited out my slip up. I hope you are doing well and I would be interested in hearing your views on the topic of this thread.
    Thanks for the well wishes guy. Since you asked, I'm kind of lonely, bored and desperate for attention. I'm not sure what the topic is anymore but with regard to the supernatural I believe there is a whole lot more evidence for human errors in perception, physical, mental conditions and phenomena that were unknown at the time, and general paranoia that could explain a multitude of supposed supernatural occurences. On a completely unrelated note, if someone knows how I can join the Illuminati please let me know. They sound like they might have a great dental plan

• emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited October 2013

Thanks for the well wishes guy. Since you asked, I'm kind of lonely, bored and desperate for attention. I'm not sure what the topic is anymore but with regard to the supernatural I believe there is a whole lot more evidence for human errors in perception, physical, mental conditions and phenomena that were unknown at the time, and general paranoia that could explain a multitude of supposed supernatural occurences. On a completely unrelated note, if someone knows how I can join the Illuminati please let me know. They sound like they might have a great dental plan

Wanna do a deal with the devil hey?
  • wagondriver4
    300 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Back to the point of this thread, yes, I fully believe. Ghosts, my great grandfather visited me 2 or so years after he passed. Aliens, had a possible "lost time" incident, also seen things in the sky that can't be logically explained.
  • ApeMilkBuddha
    111 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Back to the point of this thread, yes, I fully believe. Ghosts, my great grandfather visited me 2 or so years after he passed. Aliens, had a possible "lost time" incident, also seen things in the sky that can't be logically explained.
    What do you mean by visited? He knocked on your door, said hello, had a cup of coffee, got caught up with you & went on his way?
  • wagondriver4
    300 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    After great grandmother passes he came and lived with us. I was still a kid at my parents house. He passed about a year later. Room he passed in turned into a den. Was doing homework in 3rd grade and saw him out of the corner of my eye, sitting on an old trunk, just watching over me. 20 some years later and I believe he still watches over me.
  • ApeMilkBuddha
    111 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    After great grandmother passes he came and lived with us. I was still a kid at my parents house. He passed about a year later. Room he passed in turned into a den. Was doing homework in 3rd grade and saw him out of the corner of my eye, sitting on an old trunk, just watching over me. 20 some years later and I believe he still watches over me.
    My cousin had a similar thing, he says as a child he saw his grandmother waving at him from the roof of their home but she had died the day before, I'd like to believe it but since it didn't happen to me I tend to rationalize it away as a kid mistaking one person for another or who knows...
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Ok I have something for you. The multiverse theory. If there's multiple universes and some are uniquely different and some are the same it would be possible that different creatures evolved in different universe rather then primates to create humans. It be reasonable to believe that some universe could be = to what people believe hell or heaven would be like. Now if there's universes that are like hell or heaven then these universe could be so technologically advanced they could be visiting other universes and there would have to be a universe similar to ours with the same people as us the is technologically advanced to visit other universes as well. Therefore all ghosts demons angels could possibly be just other universes passing through our universe and we get a glimpse of them as they pass through. Which would explain why some people see relatives because in another universe they could still be alive.
  • mmmmmmmmbop
    10 posts
    edited October 2013
    Having read though this thread what astonishes and disappoints me the most is peoples complete and lack of trust or 'faith' in other humans (scientists/governments etc) but the complete willingness to believe something that is, as many have themselves pointed out, impossible to prove.

The worrying lack of understanding of the scientific method of hypothesis testing and peer assessment seems completely alien to some as does the ideas of energy and it's transferring from one form to another ('ghost' isn't a form of energy by the way, just the standard thermal, sound light nuclear etc).

As a scientist the skepticism on show is remarkable. Science doesn't know everything, but most importantly it never claims to. It is continually refining theories based on observation, conducted under controlled conditions. No amount of here say and stories over camp fires will every change that.

aliens may exist but they certainly aren't flying over us and abducting hillbillies and chavs. as has been said previously, mathematically it is every likely that bacterial life may have existed elsewhere in the solar system, Mars or Europa for example and maybe even intelligent life could be elsewhere in our galaxy, but the distances are so large that even with travel at close the light speed the time required to reach other planets is huge.

Sorry - rant over :-)
  • mattkara68
    283 posts
    edited October 2013
    I'm an astrologer, psychic, hsp. My belief is the same as most of you. Yes to ghosts. Yes to aliens. Yes to the god particle- you can not destroy energy. Yes to chemtrails, yes to everything being a lie and everyone being institutionalized and programmed. Tactics of fear, protection, projected dualities, it's all an illusion. Glad to see many of you in my friends list on the game! Makes me smile. The series of zeitgeist documentaries are amazing for anyone that wants to inform themselves.
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited October 2013
    I seen this video recently..
    How would you react?

• ninjaqutie
    124 posts
    edited October 2013
    I believe in ghosts and unexplainable things. I believe that I have seen my aunts ghost after she passed away. I also believe that I had an encounter with a spirit or "something". Whatever it was moved the faucet from one side of the sink to the other, while I was washing my hands, and that faucet does NOT move by itself. It was a 100 year old house that my aunt lived in and supposedly the lady who owned it before her died in the living room from some illness. My aunt said weird little things happened in the house all the time. That was my only experience there and I ran like hell out of that house and I wouldn't go back in for a long time. In fact, I think they eventually bribed me back in there with a bunch of pogs (back when those were popular). HAHA.
  • acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited October 2013
    When I was young (kindergarden) we moved back to Louisiana from Virginia into this little house in the middle of the swamp. My parents sent all 4 of us to bed and went to bed later at night and they would start hearing the water from the kitchen sink turn off and on, all the cabinets open and close, and the fridge open and close all at the same time but when they would go check on it it would all stop and all 4 of the kids were in bed asleep. I would have nightmares about indians and what I would think was some form of witchcraft. After we moved out the house was torn down and remains of a little boy approximately aged 13 was found where the house was.
  • ApeMilkBuddha
    111 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!