• empathy77
    4187 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    How about "Old Jewish Man", attached is his wiki page

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Old_Jewish_Man
  • moonbandito
    70 posts
    edited October 2013
    Krusty's Father would be an alright addition to the game.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited October 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    We had Christian content, Buddhist, Apu, but nothing Jewish! My other topic got locked in the midst of a good discussion just because the Tupac fetish guy kept insisting that Jews are cheap and other racist comments...and probably Bravewall too since he usually ruins topics as well. But now I want to continue the discussion regarding what Jewish content should get in the game. I want Krusty's father.
    No need to keep reposting. Boring
  • SamCarterX206
    898 posts
    edited October 2013
    What about the Golem from Treehouse of Horror XVII?
    308861.jpg
  • HomerSwapMeet
    726 posts
    edited October 2013
    I noticed the other thread didn't get locked despite all the trolling posted until a mod got schooled! LOL

nhw.gif
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I say yes because there's a lot of Jewish stuff in the show so be great to have it in game :D
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited October 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    We had Christian content, Buddhist, Apu, but nothing Jewish! My other topic got locked in the midst of a good discussion just because the Tupac fetish guy kept insisting that Jews are cheap and other racist comments...and probably Bravewall too since he usually ruins topics as well. But now I want to continue the discussion regarding what Jewish content should get in the game. I want Krusty's father.

Just so some people don't think "APU" is a religion, he practices Hinduism.
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:

Just so some people don't think "APU" is a religion, he practices Hinduism.

No he practices kwik-e-martism

cOOUieR.jpg

OwnQRAP.jpg
  • cheesypasta1
    700 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I noticed the other thread didn't get locked despite all the trolling posted until a mod got schooled! LOL

nhw.gif

tfr.gif

hmm I think I've seen that gif somewhere on the forum before :lol:
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited October 2013
    If you're going to consider Apu Hindu content, then Krusty and Kent Brockman are your Jewish content.
  • I8PIKACHU
    59 posts
    edited October 2013
    We could have Jesus. He's appeared in episodes. He was Jewish.
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited October 2013
    Since you guys keep discussing religions, here are all the Religions in the show. I know I could've swore Hinduism was also in the show because we all know Apu is Hindu. But there is no mention of it in wiki. Only 5 religions were mentioned and only 2 got introduced to the game, Christianty and Buddism. Other 3 were Judasim, Islam and Hinduism. So it's up to EA to add the other 3 to the game or not. Here are references by wiki.

Character attitudes

Most of the town, including the Simpsons, attend church on Sundays, indicating that religion is an important part of everyday life. The most religious characters on the show are Ned Flanders and Reverend Timothy Lovejoy. Flanders, a graduate of Oral Roberts University, is an ultra-conservative Christian and appears to express little tolerance for other faiths and sexualities, claiming they are all hedonistic and will go to Hell. Flanders is still perhaps the most genuinely compassionate character on the show and is an exemplar of charity and the golden rule. He usually has a positive outlook on life and does not go out of his way to express his intolerance. Lovejoy seems to resent the fact that Dr Julius Hibbert's family joined the first African Methodist Episcopal Church of Springfield, while Ned tells Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, who is a Hindu, that he might as well be praying to Hawkman though, in a Season 9, Lovejoy performs a Hindu wedding ceremony. In another episode, Lovejoy says to Ned Flanders, during an annoying phone call, "Ned, have you considered any of the other major religions? They're all pretty much the same."
    Although Homer attends church, has been baptized and has even met God, he has indicated that he is not religious. In The Simpsons Movie, before entering the church, he says, "Relax, those pious morons are too busy talking to their phony-baloney God." Lisa Simpson was portrayed as Christian in the episode "Homer vs. Lisa and the 8th Commandment", however, since "She of Little Faith", she has been a Buddhist. She still accepts her family's beliefs, goes to church with them and celebrates Christian holidays.

Deities

God has appeared several times, with a five-fingered hand (compared to other characters' four fingers), watching over and sometimes interacting with the show's characters (usually Flanders or Homer). In many episodes, Jesus is portrayed as a man with a long brown beard and white clothing, particularly when Homer is sent to heaven. The Hindu deity Vishnu sits in the center of the earth, controlling the world with numerous levers.[9] There are also numerous references to the Hindu deity Ganesh, mostly by Homer when interacting with Apu. The Devil appeared in the episode Homer vs. Lisa and the 8th Commandment, while other episodes have shown both Ned Flanders and Mr. Burns as The Devil. There has also been references to Krishna and even Spongebob Squarepants in Deity form.

Judaism

Springfield is home to a small but active Jewish community. The most prominent members include Krusty the Clown, his father Rabbi Krustofsky, and an old Jewish retiree who is known as Old Jewish Man. Krusty has his Bar Mitzvah in one episode. Krusty, however, is not very observant. A montage of pictures at the end of a Simpsons Christmas episode shows Krusty lying intoxicated in the gutter, while Rabbi Krustofsky and the old Jewish retiree run into each other at a local Chinese restaurant on Christmas morning. In the episode "Today I am a Clown", Krusty learns he is not quite Jewish because he never had a Bar Mitzvah. In that episode, his Itchy and Scratchy cartoon, "A Briss Before Dying" parodies Jewish circumcision. Itchy is about to be circumcised by Scratchy, but instead cuts him into pieces, melts and turns him into a goblet and stamps on him, shouting "Mazel Tov!" Krusty back-announces "And that's what I believe in now."

Islam

Excluding the odd reference by Rev. Lovejoy to "churches, synagogues and mosques," condemning Krusty the Clown (who is Jewish) for corrupting the young in one episode, the religion of Islam or Muslim characters had not featured heavily in the show's history until the 2008 episode "Mypods and Boomsticks". In the episode "Marge Simpson in: 'Screaming Yellow Honkers'", Homer proclaims, "I'm gonna die! Jesus, Allah, Buddha, I love you all!" In "The Seven-Beer Snitch", the Simpsons go to see "Song of Shelbyville." There is a lyric in the main song that says that Shelbyville is home to Christians, Muslims, and Jews "although not many of the last two." This makes a Rabbi and an Imam in attendance feel uncomfortable. In "Mayored to the Mob", Homer's bodyguard instructor says, "As a bodyguard your only loyalty is to your protectee; not to your family, not to your country, not to Muhammad." To which Homer asks, "Even during Ramadan?". In "Grift of the Magi" Krusty touched upon many religions by saying, "So, have a merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, kwazy Kwanzaa, a tip-top T?t, and a solemn, dignified Ramadan." In the episode Holidays of Future Passed, Sharia law is mentioned and Millhouse is seen wearing a Niqab at University of Michigan–Dearborn (Dearborn, Michigan being the city with the largest Muslim community in the US).
    Episodes with focus on religious topics[edit]

"Bart Gets an F" (season two, 1990) – Christianity
    "Homer vs. Lisa and the 8th Commandment" (season two, 1991) – Christianity
    "Like Father, Like Clown" (season three, 1991) – Judaism
    "Homer the Heretic" (season four, 1992) – Christianity and faith
    "Bart Sells His Soul" (season seven, 1995) – Christianity and existence of the soul
    "Lisa the Skeptic" (season nine, 1997) – faith, the belief of angels, and Judgement Day
    "The Joy of Sect" (season nine, 1998) – sects and cults
    "Simpsons Bible Stories" (season ten, 1999) – Judaism and Christianity
    "Faith Off" (season eleven, 2000) – faith healing
    "I'm Goin' to Praiseland" (season twelve, 2001) – Christianity
    "She of Little Faith" (season thirteen, 2001) – Buddhism
    "Pray Anything" (season fourteen, 2003) – Christianity
    "Today I am A Klown" (season fifteen, 2003) – Judaism
    "Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass" (season sixteen, 2005) – Christianity
    "Thank God It's Doomsday" (season sixteen, 2005) – Christianity and Judgement Day
    "The Father, the Son, and the Holy Guest Star" (season sixteen, 2005) – Catholicism[16]
    "Simpsons Christmas Stories" (season seventeen, 2005) – Christianity
    "The Monkey Suit" (season seventeen, 2006) – Creationism vs. Evolution
    "Mypods and Boomsticks" (season twenty, 2008) – Islam
    "Gone Maggie Gone" (season twenty, 2009) – Catholicism
    "Rednecks and Broomsticks" (season twenty-one, 2009) – Wicca
    "The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed" (season twenty-one, 2010) – Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
    "A Tree Grows in Springfield" (season twenty-four, 2012) – Faith

CREDIT to Wikipedia
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6273 posts Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Yea I want Rabbi Krustofski & the Old Jewish Man to be added as characters
  • SamCarterX206
    898 posts
    edited October 2013
    What about the Golem from Treehouse of Horror XVII?
    308861.jpg
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    I DEMAND more content Jews.
  • Bart-man5674
    1633 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I actually totally agree
  • jaytay777
    190 posts
    edited October 2013
    And combo:

Homer when he thought he was about to die "Jesus, Allah, Buddha-I love you all!" Or is that agnostic? Hmmmmm.

• waylenchoate
    434 posts
    edited October 2013
    I demand more content scientifically disproving religions. Where are the dinosaurs, missing links, carbon dating machines, cosmic radiation that proves the big bang??

Naw, I'm just messing around. Everyone gets to believe what they want and I think its important to include those beliefs into the game to the extent that they have appeared in the show.

The bottom line is that this is a game about a TV show and so the content must be focused within that finite medium.

As long as they keep adding characters and buildings I'm sure there will eventually be enough to satisfy everyone.
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    dromtsul wrote:
    If you're going to consider Apu Hindu content, then Krusty and Kent Brockman are your Jewish content.

Apu prays to that little statue thing. Krusty and Kent do nothing Jewish. I'm offended.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!