EA Forums - Banner

Springfield Downs

I am not a gambler; other have posted that they have gotten the 99-1 shot a few times. Some are ahead some behind. It's a mini-game; play it if you like the risk

Replies

• DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited October 2013
    I never use the race track. Gambling isn't worth it.
  • xH3adx
    23 posts
    edited October 2013
    Before I had a stockpile of cash, I would only play the best odds. I actually tracked over a 100 times played & I came out on top. Now I only play the 99-1 and have won twice but I stopped tracking how many times I've played.
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited October 2013
    I always play. I pick the favorite almost every time. If I win a couple of time in a row I switch to the second favorite for 1 try. I think I win more often than I lose, plus you gain some XP for playing.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't find it to be worth it. The scratch cards always give you at least a little bit of cash, but the Downs is a money sink. I won $40,000 once, but that's the best I've done, and I know I've spent more than I've won.
    Considering putting it in storage, to be honest.
  • shasurveyi256
    354 posts
    edited October 2013
    I do it everytime.....I think I've been mostly lucky. Mostly the 2:1 and if I have a cash flow, I'll try higher. If I win, same with the scratch off---I consider that bonus and that's when I buy/build boardwalk sections
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited October 2013
    I highly recommend it. I always go for the 2:1 option and win just about every other time. And as you gain 4000 Dollars when you win and lose only 2000 Dollars when you don't, you're making an overall profit in the long run.
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited October 2013
    Read this thread. In particular, the comment by bjserink. It makes sense to play.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9556932.page#29003592
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited October 2013
    fastdan1 wrote:
    Read this thread. In particular, the comment by bjserink. It makes sense to play.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9556932.page#29003592

Wow, I haven't realised they changed the payout and odds. I guess I will be betting in the future.
  • simpsons7795
    817 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I highly recommend it. I always go for the 2:1 option and win just about every other time. And as you gain 4000 Dollars when you win and lose only 2000 Dollars when you don't, you're making an overall profit in the long run.

Same here
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I only play if i am not saving up on something for a quest. I usually win when i bet. I always bet 2 to 1 because you have a higher chance of winning! :P I advice you to play if you are not saving up on anything and have plenty of money!
  • ibiggmikei
    5 posts
    edited October 2013
    Just curious as to what everyone's consensus is on this. Is it really with forking out the $2000 a bet? Do you ever actually manage to get a win?
    I've placed 4 bets and have lost them all and now feel quite put off by it that I'm no longer wasting the cash.

I used to bet randomly and only won once in awhile. Then I just bet the 2:1 option and that was working out okay for awhile.
    For the past few months I've stuck with one dog and have hit more often than not actually. I have to be way ahead, I've won the big prize twice and several of the medium ones. So that is my advice, stick with the same dog over and over. I picked Drool Brittania.
  • TomatoGravy
    76 posts
    edited October 2013
    Put mine in storage a while ago, I know with the new odds i will come out ahead, but for me the payouts arent worth the hassle.
  • schneepat
    18 posts
    edited October 2013
    I play twice a day on the 99-1 race. Been doing this since the beginning of July so, that's about 400,000 spent... give or take a few thousand. Just won my 5th race last week, so I'm significantly ahead. If your buildings and characters are pulling in a decent income, I say go for the max. It's just bits and bytes... no risk of personal bankruptcy here.
  • Emarau
    248 posts
    edited October 2013
    I have never won lol :oops: I dont care, I dont do it often, only every 5 or so days.
  • brewdog79
    468 posts
    edited October 2013
    Since the odds were updated a few months back, I play it all the time. For $2K, you get a 1:2 chance on a 3:1 return. It's a long-term money-maker.
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited October 2013
    My priority is experience points (donuts) so I always bet and nearly always the 1:2 odds.
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited October 2013
    ibiggmikei wrote:
    Just curious as to what everyone's consensus is on this. Is it really with forking out the $2000 a bet? Do you ever actually manage to get a win?
    I've placed 4 bets and have lost them all and now feel quite put off by it that I'm no longer wasting the cash.

I used to bet randomly and only won once in awhile. Then I just bet the 2:1 option and that was working out okay for awhile.
    For the past few months I've stuck with one dog and have hit more often than not actually. I have to be way ahead, I've won the big prize twice and several of the medium ones. So that is my advice, stick with the same dog over and over. I picked Drool Brittania.

I use raised by wolves all the time and am well ahead!

Someone else commented that between them, dogbiscuit and raised by wolves win around 70% of races but I havent done any stats of my own.
  • lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Never did bet anything, because when i got it my revenue was low and i just forgot about it after a while. Now i just use it for flanagans 24 hour task
  • parmstron3175
    13 posts
    edited October 2013
    interesting schnee pat.....I will have to try..ive won the 99 to 1 once out of 5 times betting...it seems you can win the 12K bet at about a 50-60% clip.....
  • Micaela2409
    74 posts
    edited October 2013
    I won the jackpot once but I lost way to many times. And when you do the math, 200 000 was just enough for 2 buildings and some decorations. I lost so much more than that. With Halloween I stopped gambling. I'm so busy popping ghosts and doing the quests that I keep every non-essential characters in 24 hour tasks. I'm now at level 35 (although just prompted to get the SWAT van and Rod and Todd) and I'm saving lots of money because I'm "halloween focused". So I'm really thinking about storing it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.