EA Forums - Banner

When's the next update?

i'll grab my torch and join you but i am not counting down the minutes cause i have a serious cash flow problem at the moment after buying loads of stuff i didnt need for my SF

Replies

• dadilydoo750
    344 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    I'm bored, I finished days ago with Halloween. I need something else......preferably land because a redesign would shut me up for a week.

I demand update!

Grab your torches!

Make a panorama of your town and share it with us.
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm bored, I finished days ago with Halloween. I need something else......preferably land because a redesign would shut me up for a week.

I demand update!

Grab your torches!

While I appreciate any and all updates, we did just get a land expansion with Halloween. With attempting to rack up FREE donuts, I have not yet even gotten to start utilizing that land. So while I welcome an update, I am not going to demand more land...yet
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited October 2013

I demand update!

Grab your torches!

While I appreciate any and all updates, we did just get a land expansion with Halloween. With attempting to rack up FREE donuts, I have not yet even gotten to start utilizing that land. So while I welcome an update, I am not going to demand more land...yet

How long have you been playing? And do you buy premium items?
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited October 2013

I demand update!

Grab your torches!

I downloaded the app September 2012, so just over a year. I do purchase premium items as I like to decorate with them. I was one who was pleading for land a month ago, but like I said, I haven't started using that new land yet, though I bought it right away. The first thing I need to do is to redesign my Halloween area that I really liked before, but with all the new content I have to do a total redesign. Since the last community prize is a larger building, I will not really begin redesigning until after we all get that.
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited October 2013

I demand update!

Grab your torches!

I downloaded the app September 2012, so just over a year. I do purchase premium items as I like to decorate with them. I was one who was pleading for land a month ago, but like I said, I haven't started using that new land yet, though I bought it right away. The first thing I need to do is to redesign my Halloween area that I really liked before, but with all the new content I have to do a total redesign. Since the last community prize is a larger building, I will not really begin redesigning until after we all get that.

I agree, I probably will wait but it's getting harder to design. I'm not a crazy designer but I don't like to put my buildings into stale blocks either
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I have my entire top and right side of SF terraced to give hills and dimension to my town. I have to add all the new Halloween stuff to that section and then leave some of the most recent land expansion available for potentially a new update this thursday. Land is always welcome, but I just can't demand it yet

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited October 2013

Of all the times to complain about not having enough land, immediately after the only time that they have ever released extra land seems like a strange choice.
  • jacko_9997
    532 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Christmas update probably by about the beginning of December or late November. Not too long
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited October 2013

Of all the times to complain about not having enough land, immediately after the only time that they have ever released extra land seems like a strange choice.

For people who have had all the land for 9+ plus months and who wanted more land one strip is kind of insulting after waiting that much time
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited October 2013

For people who have had all the land for 9+ plus months and who wanted more land one strip is kind of insulting after waiting that much time

I agree 100%. 1 strip of land does little to nothing for me. I hope for Christmas we get one more strip on the each side. That would make me happy for a couple six months
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    I dislike the 1 strip part. There's like nothing that can look good for 1 strip. I had to literally move each and every decoration along the border over to move the new land inwards. Talk about hassle. In the top right, I have the schools and field trip locations (Fort Sensible, Post Office, Knowledium). Below that was the science area (completely moving that area now). Below that was Wolfcastle's mansion and plots of land, below that was my entertainment district (Colisuem, Duff Stadium, Duff Brewery, Bowling Alley, Putt Putts and Springfield Downs.

So having a plot or 2 near each of those districts was insulting, and wasn't really able to expand them with the new content. So instead all of these areas have to shift 1 row over, which is a lot of moved fences, bushes, trees, flowers.

So if we get more land, I would prefer to get at least 2-3 rows, so I can develop new areas entirely, so it's not a battle of moving the entire town over 1 row to add something in elsewhere.

My entire top row of my town had to be moved over to add in room in the Xmas area for the Gingerbread house. That was a fun process.
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited October 2013
    There are threads here right now where tappers are saying that they delete neighbours whos towns take "a long time to load". Do people really want much more land without a server upgrade?
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    There are threads here right now where tappers are saying that they delete neighbours whos towns take "a long time to load". Do people really want much more land without a server upgrade?

Yes, I want more land.
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    I dislike the 1 strip part. There's like nothing that can look good for 1 strip. I had to literally move each and every decoration along the border over to move the new land inwards. Talk about hassle. In the top right, I have the schools and field trip locations (Fort Sensible, Post Office, Knowledium). Below that was the science area (completely moving that area now). Below that was Wolfcastle's mansion and plots of land, below that was my entertainment district (Colisuem, Duff Stadium, Duff Brewery, Bowling Alley, Putt Putts and Springfield Downs.

So having a plot or 2 near each of those districts was insulting, and wasn't really able to expand them with the new content. So instead all of these areas have to shift 1 row over, which is a lot of moved fences, bushes, trees, flowers.

So if we get more land, I would prefer to get at least 2-3 rows, so I can develop new areas entirely, so it's not a battle of moving the entire town over 1 row to add something in elsewhere.

My entire top row of my town had to be moved over to add in room in the Xmas area for the Gingerbread house. That was a fun process.

Ha, reminds me of when Springfield had to move a few miles down the road
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:

Ha, reminds me of when Springfield had to move a few miles down the road

Much easier for the show, not so easy for the game :(. Thankfully I think I only have to move Wolfcastle over now and then I can see if other sections need to be moved over.
  • Zozobras
    608 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Love the Halloween update, I do, but am ready for a new level with new characters, buildings, decorations....the Cool House, The Mayan Calendar.... the moon!!

Hoping very hard it'll be this coming Thursday. Pleaaaaaaaaasssseeeeeee! :lol:
    I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • rotyr
    30 posts Member
    edited October 2013

Don't forget that land was also released for Squidport (a vertical strip beside the water). So there have been 2 land releases within 5 months.
  • HappyTrailsToo
    26 posts
    edited October 2013
    I'm all for an update if it means a glitch fix. Haven't had Lisa for a week and can't progress the game (no ray gun, no freaks how tent). I know I'm not alone ~
  • Itsyaboidrew
    87 posts
    edited October 2013
    I agree with you 100 percent. This update is already boring and I'm with you on more land.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.