EA Forums - Banner

Halloween too easy??

I don't know. I think I liked it. (especially, as has been mentioned, after the agony of WD). And "too easy" is relative. Not one of my 5 real life friends in finished the 10,000 yet. They just refuse to come find more friends on the boards, so they really only have each other and me. (of course this is their own faults, but not everyone is as obsessed with the game as some of us are :) )

Replies

  • gocatters
    111 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Well, you don't want the event to be too hard either do you?
    EA is trying to make the event accessible for the average player to have a good chance of completing it. The average player is not someone that can spend half the day or more constantly checking their town and that has the time to visit 100 friends every day (if they even have that many!) as well as having the disposable income to buy constant premium items - no, the average player is one that can only play for about an hour a day (which is still a long time to spend on a game!), does not have a boatload of donuts and likes the challenges of waiting for things. The whole point of this game is to look forward to things and work towards them by setting tasks and collecting things. Those that speed things up constantly with donuts and are able to almost be in the app 24/7 only have themselves to blame if tasks and goals are over too quickly.
    I thought I was addicted to this game, because I set each of my characters 24 hour tasks every day, and collection and re-setting for this takes about an hour of my time after work, plus when I wake up I always check the game for about 20 mins in the morning to collect for shorter tasks that are part of quests.
    That's quite a bit of time from my daily routine checking this self confessed 'life ruining game'
    Add to the fact that I'm always thinking of it outside of playing it.
    I have just over 9900 goo now and am proud of myself for getting this far - and looking forward to rewarding my efforts soon with that gingerbread house I'll get soon.
    But when I see people with over 20,000 goo already, I wonder - are they really playing the game as intended?
    Also with people that reportedly have over a billion of in-game cash - I've been playing pretty much since the game was released and have all the buildings and most of the land and am proud of my current saving of $6 million.
    I spend too much time in this game as it is.
    I think the message to us all is get a life - and to just play this game in smaller bursts every day. We will all be better for it and will less likely be board which leads to over anticipation for more updates.
    Lets face it, they have done pretty well to keep the bulk of us entertained with this game for so long, and can only keep up so much!
  • plasticroost
    146 posts
    edited October 2013
    I don't think it was too easy. As was said, they made it accessible to semi-serious players who don't have a ton of time. I like to play but with work etc it's hard for me to get to all my neighbors every day. The community prizes and donut bonuses give the hardcore players something else to work on (even if there are plenty of people saying they're bored.)
  • gocatters
    111 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't think it was too easy. As was said, they made it accessible to semi-serious players who don't have a ton of time. I like to play but with work etc it's hard for me to get to all my neighbors every day. The community prizes and donut bonuses give the hardcore players something else to work on (even if there are plenty of people saying they're bored.)

    Agree

    I think the update timeframe and tasks have been orchestrated perfectly for this event. Well done EA!
  • adityahmehta
    123 posts
    edited October 2013
    Ok fair enough. I guess I'm comparing to last year when I didn't have everything and only 7 friends
  • plasticroost
    146 posts
    edited October 2013
    Plus, even though I've been over the 10,000 mark for a week already, it's kinda nice to have some low-pressure game time. I've needed cash collecting and redesigning time for a while!
  • MM The Batman
    13 posts
    edited October 2013
    I think EA actually got it right for a change, after the terrible whacking day event where there were that many glitches in the first few days. Especially when you were loosing snakes when visiting neighbours. That put a lot of folk off and also set you back a few days making the challenge harder to complete, even with a full neighbour list.

    Last year's Halloween and Xmas were good, this one I would say was better purely because we are getting free donuts from tapping ghosts and collecting goo. Event has a good run time for people who, as many have said, can't sit and play for hours a day.

    The community prizes are a nice idea as it gives you something else to work towards once you have finished your personal prize quest.
  • haburbian
    93 posts
    edited October 2013
    I didn't finish Whacking Day as I found it too hard - I'm glad this has been easier as I missed a few buildings and prizes for Whacking Day. :(
  • cvf007
    1077 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    This Halloween update was fun. I'm already wondering what next years theme will be.
    It was wayyyyyy better than whacking day.
  • mwdalton
    11547 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    cvf007 wrote:
    This Halloween update was fun. I'm already wondering what next years theme will be.
    It was wayyyyyy better than whacking day.

    Vampires! Killer Dolphins! ......Bolivian Tree Lizards?
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited October 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    cvf007 wrote:
    This Halloween update was fun. I'm already wondering what next years theme will be.
    It was wayyyyyy better than whacking day.

    Vampires! Killer Dolphins! ......Bolivian Tree Lizards?

    ha ha ha! Bolivian Tree lizards!

    I actually imagined Homer running with a gasket chasing turkeys yet firing at people (bang bang) and bart with a bat ready to whack turkeys. mmm Turkey *drool*
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    gocatters wrote:
    Well, you don't want the event to be too hard either do you?
    EA is trying to make the event accessible for the average player to have a good chance of completing it. The average player is not someone that can spend half the day or more constantly checking their town and that has the time to visit 100 friends every day (if they even have that many!) as well as having the disposable income to buy constant premium items - no, the average player is one that can only play for about an hour a day (which is still a long time to spend on a game!), does not have a boatload of donuts and likes the challenges of waiting for things. The whole point of this game is to look forward to things and work towards them by setting tasks and collecting things. Those that speed things up constantly with donuts and are able to almost be in the app 24/7 only have themselves to blame if tasks and goals are over too quickly.
    I thought I was addicted to this game, because I set each of my characters 24 hour tasks every day, and collection and re-setting for this takes about an hour of my time after work, plus when I wake up I always check the game for about 20 mins in the morning to collect for shorter tasks that are part of quests.
    That's quite a bit of time from my daily routine checking this self confessed 'life ruining game'
    Add to the fact that I'm always thinking of it outside of playing it.
    I have just over 9900 goo now and am proud of myself for getting this far - and looking forward to rewarding my efforts soon with that gingerbread house I'll get soon.
    But when I see people with over 20,000 goo already, I wonder - are they really playing the game as intended?
    Also with people that reportedly have over a billion of in-game cash - I've been playing pretty much since the game was released and have all the buildings and most of the land and am proud of my current saving of $6 million.
    I spend too much time in this game as it is.
    I think the message to us all is get a life - and to just play this game in smaller bursts every day. We will all be better for it and will less likely be board which leads to over anticipation for more updates.
    Lets face it, they have done pretty well to keep the bulk of us entertained with this game for so long, and can only keep up so much!

    Hi neighbour!

    I have over 20,000 Goo and can guaranty I'm playing the game as intended. You do have more cash then me, so I wonder, are people with that much money saved up playing the game as EA intended? If EA did however have a hidden agenda with this update, then wouldn't we all have a time limit on their servers?

    I think your assumption on all of us needing to get a life is a bit harsh. Some people are better at time management skills then others.
  • jasonmaxha254
    33 posts
    edited October 2013
    i think it is about right. I can play twice a day and get enough goo to be on pace for finishing in time.

    whacking day was brutal, I was waking up at night to keep up with it. lost my job, wife left me, kids were starving. It was hard, but i got all the prizes and it was worth it. <that was a joke>
  • porkpiesteve
    229 posts
    edited October 2013
    Personally I think this update has been awesome :mrgreen:
  • ozwald5
    231 posts
    edited October 2013
    My vote is that they nailed it with 2013 Halloween!
  • Drazkul
    49 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I think it's been perfect. My 4 month old son has had to stay in hospital so my limited play time was even less. I've gotten all the personal prizes with time to spare but had it been like whacking day I'd be no where near close enough to get them all
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.