EA Forums - Banner

massive login issues since halloween2013 update

13Next

Replies

• edited October 2013
    I just got my new iPhone 5S the other day. I have not been able to play the game ONCE. It LITERALLY crashes every time. Then I went to go play it on my Kindle. That started crashing too. But last night it started to work. BUT... Still problems. The game was lagging extremellllllllllly slow and then would crash. I'd try to buy donuts... CRASH. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game countless times now on both my iPhone and Kindle, but nothing seems to be working. This is ridiculous. Is the fix going to arrive in November???
  • ErinBasa
    8 posts
    edited October 2013
    I have had continuous problems logging in. I am not impressed. :(
  • taylorwinsor
    1 posts
    edited October 2013
    I have been having problems logging in since Halloween update. First off I was reading about the update but it wouldn't login to download it. I have since managed to log in only twice - frustrating to know that I need to be tapping ghosts but just keep sitting looking at the spinning donut!
  • nardia007
    10 posts
    edited October 2013
    Ditto each and every above post :!: :!: :!: I'll say this again - and just like the donut of death; I'm getting sick of saying this with every major (& some minor) - I'd just be happy for EA to have an update that gives gamers a :!: STABLE :!: experience. :roll: :shock: :twisted:

I have deliberately refrained from using fowl language here but I'm pissed (again very annoyingly repetitive after these updates). At first, I thought this was indeed a fantastic update, but what is the point, if all I've been able to do is play literally THREE times since :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: I have played since the beginning. I play at least SIX TIMES A DAY. As one of the above posts said - BANG goes the daily bonus.

To repeat my original plea - EA give us gamers some stability in the game. EA fix it pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

PS: also it's pretty ridiculous that Origin doesn't know who I am on my own device.

Nardia007
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    There must be an insane increase in traffic since the update. People are playing longer and visiting friends, which there was no compelling reason to do prior to the update. I can't imagine the situation will improve unless a large number of people get sick of the whole thing and drop out.
  • nardia007
    10 posts
    edited October 2013
    EA shouldn't use the popularity of the game to excuse crappy gameplay. This game is almost 2 years old so why don't they pour some our inconsiderable donut $$$$$$$$ on stability for the game :?: :?: :!: :!:
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Inconsiderable means beneath consideration, insignificant.
  • nardia007
    10 posts
    edited October 2013
    United we stand; divided we fall. I thought this thread was about finding answers to the issue so unless you work for EA???... it doesn't help with the issue but thanx for stating the obvious :mrgreen:

EA - as I'm sure u monitor the forum, the issue stands - what are you doing about maintaining stability of game :?: Not just for gimmicks but the long haul. I may be one person but after the experience with TSTO (in which I have invested far too much money to delete the game completely but obviously enjoy) I refuse to play any other EA game because I put my money where my mouth is. :!: :!: :!:
  • darthroot19
    3 posts
    edited October 2013
    I too have had several problems with the freezing issue. But only from my account. On the same device I am able to have my wife log in on her account and it works just fine. Log in back to my account just fine. I have done the reset and delete and reinstall but get no where. I agree with one of the other person in that I have too much invested to just delete the game. And this is the upsetting part, when you contact support no real answers. I agree with someone else when they said when is this going to get fixed, it's been around for two years and they make a ton of money for something like this to happen. Doubt any of this gets heard but it's nice to get off my chest. Please ea don't delete this thread and post like others so you cover upyour problems.
  • nardia007
    10 posts
    edited October 2013
    I've now discovered that when I do get in the game, if I collect a huge amount of $ & EX quickly then the game will crash within 5-10 minutes BUT if I only tap on a few building at a time & take the time to stop & tap on the money too, it's much better & I don't get booted out. The game lags a lot possibly because of the huge update & people playing but if u go slow when ur in there, at least u can play. Happy tapping :lol: 8)
  • EwenRamsay
    3 posts
    edited October 2013
    It has now been a whole week since my last login and I am still unable to connect to the server. There has been no reply from customer service about the issue and no update fix! Has any else that was having this problem had any joy in getting back into the game yet? Such an enjoyable game, a whole week without tapping I feel lost :lol:
  • YellowDog24
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    While I have had log in issues since update, it has not been too bad.

But today I can't log in at all.

I am told I have been logged out and would I like to log in.

I entered my email address and password several times without getting logged on and now I am getting a message that I have tried to log on too many times and to try later!

How much later, I don't know, but getting that message for about an hour now.

Managed to get logged in just now and all seems well
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • used7769
    2 posts
    edited October 2013
    Ive been having a problem logging in too. I cant get past the first page with with the spinning doughnut. It just keeps spinning but it doesnt let me go into my game.
  • nardia007
    10 posts
    edited October 2013
    That was happening to me at the beginning of the week :cry: What I've found (& maybe it's coincidence) but when these probs happen it's a waste of time deleting & reinstalling ie for the numbers of times I've done that, the number of times it's gotten me in the game is pretty crap...so... What I do is, as soon as I find I'm getting the endlessly revolving donut :roll: I wait for it to stop & I have to be quick & tap repeatedly (keep tapping) this seems to make it synchronise & then with a bit of luck my Id comes up & it does it's thing to let me in. If at this point, it seems to take too long - wait for the donut to stop again & start tapping repeatedly & it gets me in. I've found on average, I've had more luck with this method than the shut down & restart or delete & reinstall methods. But when I say I have to be quick, I mean it cos if I'm too slow, the revolving donuts starts again :roll: :cry: OR I get Bart telling me to try again or it's broken etc. hope this helps cos God knows, EA very, very, rarely responds let alone helps... PS: I play at least 6+ times a day.
  • Barbeil
    3 posts
    edited October 2013
    I have two accounts, one I have had since the beginning and one I started in March when I could long into my main account for almost a month :( .
    My main account is a Lvl 35 and I can log into it but if I stay in my Springfield for longer than maybe 5 seconds it freezes up and I have to force close it. If I quickly click on the friends icon I can collect goo from other Springfields without issue, but can do nothing in my own.
    My Lvl 16 account works fine without any issues at all except when I try to collect goo from my main account, then it freezes up too. It's like my Springfield is cursed :!:
    I have 9776 goo in my main account and would have already had the ginger bread house if this wasn't happening....

How are we supposed to gain all of the community goo if people can't play the game :!: :?: :!:

Anyone else having a freezing problem :?:
  • brenden720448
    83 posts
    edited October 2013
    I'm on an iPhone 4S and I have freezing/connection issues as soon as I load the game (happened since the 2nd or 3rd day of the event). Once I hit "tap to continue" my Springfield will load...but it will ALWAYS go to Bart's disconnect screen on my first attempt. The second attempt to login is usually successful; however, the game is extremely laggy. I managed to complete the Halloween tasks and get 4k extra goo, but after that I just gave up. I'm just waiting for an iPhone 5S to be in stock at my nearby Apple store so I have a faster phone to run the game on.
  • 111flotus111
    5 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi!
    Login issue happened to me today. I was purchasing an I&S ticket for real money and on the way back reloading my town, the game just crashed and it hasn't been able to start since!!
    NOW I realize why so many of my friend's towns seem abandoned, full of gremlins and haunted houses that never seem to get tended to.
    Seems like a lot of ppl have this problem. I've tried everything possible at my end.
    I wrote an email to EA today hoping they will take this seriously. In my case I lost real money. I don't even care about the goo etc, I just want my town back :(
  • zicoboo
    354 posts
    edited October 2013
    Wow a lot of people are having problems. It really sucks, I'm getting sick of playing when it crashes on me every few minutes and I'm struggling to visit friends, but I don't want to miss out on the Halloween event :(
  • 111flotus111
    5 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Yeah and to make the matter worse, I just recently got a couple friends to play this game, which makes me feel obligated to help them with gremlins and visiting their cities. But the game won't let me in.

And to add even more injury, I've spent $150 on donuts since May... I feel like such a sucker now.
  • christine408
    2 posts
    edited October 2013
    I have been trying to get into the games for 48 hours+ now. i get to various parts of the startup screen and it kicks me out. :evil:

I have even gone as far as setting my ipad to it facorty defaults and just installing simspons and still nothing.. I am getting very very frustrated
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!