2Next

Replies

• DaNgerSteVe
    212 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    to be it seems sherri and terri are the most over price characters
  • edited October 2013
    Two points:

1) 120 donuts may seem like a lot, but how many people are still purchasing him? It’s only “too much” when it’s not selling.

2) How many times, and for how long have I been hearing people list characters they wanted to see make it into the game; and on (or damn close to) the top of the lists was Jimbo Jones. The demand for Jimbo in the game has been high as a kite. This is a business. Supply vs. Demand. High demand = higher price tag.

They're the realities of the situation.
  • bort0matic
    108 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Two points:

1) 120 donuts may seem like a lot, but how many people are still purchasing him? It’s only “too much” when it’s not selling.

2) How many times, and for how long have I been hearing people list characters they wanted to see make it into the game; and on (or damn close to) the top of the lists was Jimbo Jones. The demand for Jimbo in the game has been high as a kite. This is a business. Supply vs. Demand. High demand = higher price tag.

You're right, it's up to us to determine the elasticity of demand... then again, I don't know whether EA will notice if we don't buy him with hard-earned donuts. They would see him sell to hackers/exploiters because why not if you've already gone down that road, and then look to total donuts sold and probably fail to see a clear correlation.
  • empathy77
    4187 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    empathy77 wrote:
    By the end of this event, i will have around 120, perfect time to spend it on something else ....
    FYP :D

hmmmm.....something seems askew here.....cant quite place it.....

and I have no idea what FYP means, fix your pants???

Ohhhh got it!

• felicity2092
    162 posts
    edited October 2013
    empathy77 wrote:
    empathy77 wrote:
    By the end of this event, i will have around 120, perfect time to spend it on something else ....
    FYP :D

hmmmm.....something seems askew here.....cant quite place it.....

and I have no idea what FYP means, fix your pants???

Ohhhh got it!

What does it mean?? :? Xx
  • letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited October 2013
    empathy77 wrote:
    What they want us to do is spend all the free donuts they have been giving us during Halloween. After purchasing limited time premium Halloween items, I was down to 7 donuts, now I'm up to 90. By the end of this event, i will have around 120, perfect time to buy Jimbo.....

That has nothing to do with it. After the event is over, they will still charge 120 per single character until they decide to hack it up again. Because they figure, if we buy him at that price then it must be ok to keep charging at that price.

Think about it. Let's take a look at the previous structure

60 donuts (September 2012 until November 2012
    Kearney
    Bumblebee Man

90 donuts (December 2012 until February 2013)
    Dr. Nick
    Shauna

85 donuts (April 2013 until August 2013)
    The Rich Texan
    Arnie Pye

150 donuts (August 2013)
    Sherri & Terri

100 donuts (October 2013)
    Boobarella

120 donuts (October 2013)
    Jimbo

Sadly, you're right. I had a hard time convincing myself to pay 90 donuts for Dr Nick and I really wanted him. I don't care about any of the rest of these premium characters and doubt I'll buy any of them. Sherri and Terri, to me, don't add as much to my game as Frink and his lab.

I'd buy far more premium items, even buildings that don't do anything and aren't used by any characters, if the price points were more reasonable. 100 donuts for a building is too much. 120 for a non-voiced character with primarily indoor tasks is even worse. None of these guys will be coming to my SF.

Clearly I'm not the target demographic.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Two points:

1) Guilty. As soon as I saw he was available, I bought him without even thinking. This is after I swore I wouldn't do that anymore after Sherri and Terri.

2) Jimbo was certainly at the top of my list of most wanted Springfield characters. If you have Kearney, and now Dolph, it's just odd without Jimbo. He's the leader. It would be like having Eddie and Lou without Wiggum.

I'm sure I'll have some buyer's regret if he has as many indoor tasks as people are saying.

Can anyone list his tasks? Does he have any for Kamp Krusty?
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    task list have been updated
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9753564.page

Faqs section also has an updated walk through
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    task list have been updated
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9753564.page

Faqs section also has an updated walk through

Nice. Thanks. brettolmstead on it already. I didn't even notice before he has it broken into character groups too.

D'oh!...another church task!
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Jimbo is my favorite toughfies character. I thought he would be 90 donuts but ea made him worth 120 donuts which is just ridiculous :roll: He has some very good tasks though!
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm worried about when they add the sarcastic guy, his demand is higher- expect a 150 donut value for him. ( the 120 is more shocking when you look at that 150 got you three ray guns, 2 characters and 2 deco's)
  • BGringo
    119 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    I'm worried about when they add the sarcastic guy, his demand is higher- expect a 150 donut value for him. ( the 120 is more shocking when you look at that 150 got you three ray guns, 2 characters and 2 deco's)

This is where I stand as I'll be getting the Ray gun by the end of the Halloween special. It's 10x the bang for the buck, but all EA is doing is taking advantage of the "new" or "latest" and those are always higher in anything in capitalism.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6269 posts Moderator
    edited October 2013
    L_B_123XD wrote:

As long as the Sarcastic Clerk comes with the Gas Station, I don't mind spending 120-150. Because hell at least come with a building. Plus he'll be voiced as well
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited October 2013
    L_B_123XD wrote:

While what you say is true, for each character added, other characters increase in demand. I'd hate to see how much the Crazy Cat Lady will be.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6269 posts Moderator
    edited October 2013
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    L_B_123XD wrote:

While what you say is true, for each character added, other characters increase in demand. I'd hate to see how much the Crazy Cat Lady will be.

Yea but at least the Crazy Cat Lady can come with the Abernathy House, which will at least justify the price of she's premium.

It's when a single premium character cost 120 donuts and doesn't come with anything is what we're having a problem with. Especially considering Otto costs exactly the same thing as Jimbo. But Otto is voiced & brings the School Bus
  • Nelly1989
    79 posts
    edited October 2013
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    L_B_123XD wrote:

Yea but at least the Crazy Cat Lady can come with the Abernathy House, which will at least justify the price of she's premium.

It's when a single premium character cost 120 donuts and doesn't come with anything is what we're having a problem with. Especially considering Otto costs exactly the same thing as Jimbo. But Otto is voiced & brings the School Bus

I agree with this and it worries me because EA is taking advantage - clearly good from a business point of view but coming from someone who has no problem buying donuts I don't think I will be purchasing Jimbo - just cannot justify the price and it's sad they would actually put this price for something that just isn't worth it...
  • Benromero303
    92 posts
    edited October 2013
    Ill wait for gill so I can buy some donuts on the cheap. I think hes too much at 120
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited October 2013
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    L_B_123XD wrote:

That doesn't mean it won't be like the Volcano Lair and be like 200-300 donuts, for a single house and character.

I completely agree about Jimbo though. He should definitely be at max 90 if he's coming solo. I unfortunately think he's too iconic to not have so I had to make the purchase. I really didn't want to have to do that, but for characters I enjoy in the show I definitely get those. I haven't gotten Sheri/Teri due to their price and how they behave as 1 character. They are also bottom list dwellers for me, so I definitely feel better getting to skip them.

I really don't like the rise in character/building costs. I think they should abide by your structure and not continually rise. Because it will always come to a comparison of benefits. The Kearny vs. Jimbo one is fairly accurate. The only difference is the price and timing. If they are going to continue to rise, they should be making the donut packages larger (not in price), but in quantity, or at least make them more available. Halloween has been a blessing with donuts and I thought the premium items were fairly priced. But the characters that come in the level updates keep climbing.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!