EA Forums - Banner

RIP Marcia Wallace (Mrs. Krabappel)

Replies

• plasticroost
    146 posts
    edited October 2013
    Very sad to hear this also. I used to also watch her on Match Game reruns.
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Wow, this is indeed unexpected news. If Edna is not the one getting axed maybe it's another voiced by Aziara (like CBG).
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Mike Scully ?@scullymike 45m
    An incredibly nice, funny lady. R.I.P. Marcia Wallace http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/r-i-p-marcia-wallace/ … via @deadline
  • astraljoe110
    50 posts
    edited October 2013
    So sad. A lot of history and memories of Marcia on the show. Since it takes 6 months to make an episode the character Edna Krabappel most likely won't be retired until next season.
  • Gizmobanger
    42 posts
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for all the laughs funny lady.
  • RynoJordan23
    469 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    This is so sad. RIP Marcia Wallace and thank you for the laughs throughout the years. :cry:
  • shannontj
    92 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    This was posted on The Simpsons FB page a few minutes ago:

Statement from executive producer Al Jean, on behalf of The Simpsons:

I was tremendously saddened to learn this morning of the passing of the brilliant and gracious Marcia Wallace. She was beloved by all at "The Simpsons" and we intend to retire her irreplaceable character.

Earlier we had discussed a potential storyline in which a character passed away. This was not Marcia's Edna Krabappel. Marcia's passing is unrelated and again, a terrible loss for all who had the pleasure of knowing her.
  • GSFaerie
    290 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Statement on Facebook:

The Simpsons

I was tremendously saddened to learn this morning of the passing of the brilliant and gracious Marcia Wallace. She was beloved by all at "The Simpsons" and we intend to retire her irreplaceable character.

Earlier we had discussed a potential storyline in which a character passed away. This was not Marcia's Edna Krabappel. Marcia's passing is unrelated and again, a terrible loss for all who had the pleasure of knowing her.
  • cool2006
    770 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Don't want them to kill mrs krabappel off why cart they replace her. She got so many new story lines with Ned to come
  • GSFaerie
    290 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    shannontj wrote:
    This was posted on The Simpsons FB page a few minutes ago:

Beat me by 38 seconds! :-P
  • SquidFaery
    42 posts
    edited October 2013

I wonder if Mrs Krabappel will die from * cancer this season?

Pretty big plot spoiler I'd say.

Edit- The word "*" will only post as an asterisk. Whats EA got against the human anatomy anyway?

Edit Two- I wonder about EA's thoughts on the male anatomy. Lets try; *!

I think censoring body part names is silly and immature. They are body parts, not curse words!

I'm sure they will do something on the show to acknowledge her.
  • ghhking1
    7 posts
    edited October 2013
    R.I.P. Ms. Wallace. The Simpsons won't be the same without you.

But about the game: Since I doubt they'll retire a character already in the game in the game, does this open the doors for Troy McClure and Lionel Hutz?
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    cool2006 wrote:
    Don't want them to kill mrs krabappel off why cart they replace her. She got so many new story lines with Ned to come

Out of respect of her 24 years working on the show would be my guess.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6221 posts Moderator
    edited October 2013
    It doesn't make sense for them to retire Edna. They could easily give the voice duties to Tress MacNielle instead.

They retired Lunchlady Doris in 1997 after the death of Doris Grau (her voice actress). Only to bring the character back out of retirement in 2006 & now she's voiced by Tress MacNielle
  • SamCarterX206
    898 posts
    edited October 2013
    Just loaded up nbcnews.com to get the news and saw this on the homepage:

http://www.nbcnews.com/entertainment/marcia-wallace-star-simpsons-bob-newhart-has-died-70-8C11473058

:cry:
  • Si-Shen81
    13 posts
    edited October 2013
    I somehow think Krabappel will remain retired, unlike the lunch lady, she was a staple in nearly every show.

Truly a sad bit of news.
    My wonder is, will the dev's do anything in game? Its not uncommon for devs to honour people in games now.
  • datadyne20963
    53 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Godspeed, Marcia Wallace
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    It doesn't make sense for them to retire Edna. They could easily give the voice duties to Tress MacNielle instead.

They retired Lunchlady Doris in 1997 after the death of Doris Grau (her voice actress). Only to bring the character back out of retirement in 2006 & now she's voiced by Tress MacNielle

Mrs. Krabappel is a much more prominent character than Lunchlady Doris, and Marcia Wallace had been with the show for 24 years.
  • jonas_alexan
    325 posts
    edited October 2013
    Much like with Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure, it's best that the character is retired out of respect for Marcia Wallace and her brilliant work on the show.
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited October 2013
    Wow! What sad news! :(
    Very sorry to hear this. It seems as though she passed peacefully with her family.... She will definitely be missed.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!