EA Forums - Banner

How often do you put every character on an hour long task?

Never, unless it is a quest. Now that I have enough money, I only set 24hr tasks. Before I had all the land/buildings, I set 60 minute tasks when I could..best way to make cash fast.

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm all about the 24-hour cycle now that I have classes going on. If a character gets out of sync due to certain tasks or what have you, I'll send them on an hour task or two at the end of the day to get them back into the cycle, but other than that, I just don't have the time for it.
  • TwiztidThorn
    2686 posts
    edited October 2013
    I used to do 1 hour tasks all the time. Now it's either 8, 12, or 24 hours.
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited October 2013
    I always set my task lengths based on how much time in the day i have to play...if i'm just hanging out at home, i'll put them all on 1 hour tasks as long as i can until i have to go do something, then i'll put them on an appropriate length task until i know i'll be able to play again. At night I put them on 8 hour or 12 hour tasks depending on how the next morning is looking.
  • jacobjdevore
    387 posts
    edited October 2013
    It's great getting the best return on cash/XP with hourly tasks, but you do get sick of it eventually. I believe folks ought to get sick of it, anyway. These days, I just try to set tasks in the morning and in the evening.
  • marco_rosa833
    366 posts
    edited October 2013
    I did 1 hour tasks everyday all the way to lvl 35. I don't do them every hour out of 24 hours, of course; but, I definitely did them like 8 times a day.

Now I am max level with all the free non-KL buildings except Noiseland which I am lazy to build. I do mostly 8 hour tasks because that coincides with the schedule of my housefarm and I still use 1 hour tasks to fill in time gaps and sync when character/buildings cash out.

Tapped Out is 99% about time management and 1 hour tasks will always be an important part of that. If you don't use 1 hour tasks, you are no making efficient use of your characters. Period.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    Never have, never will. 60 minutes or less are the worst tasks in the game. I don't have that kind of time to log into the game that often.

It really stinks when those tasks come up since it will sit for 6-12 hours and then they don't earn additional cash while technically "still on task" with the thumbs up. 2 donuts is nearly worth it to skip those.

SVT has a 1 hour one (random) waiting, and it will be there for quite a long time. Maybe when my corn completes in January or February I might send him.
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Iused to do a lot of 4 and 8, now with 60 characters that can be annoying, so I set them up with 12 hour tasks twice a day.
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited October 2013
    I used to do 1 hour tasks all the time. Now it's either 8, 12, or 24 hours.

Same here. Now I only do 1h and 4h tasks when I sync up all characters to the quest line.
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I did until Whacking Day burned me out and there are just too many characters to do that with (I have every character). Now I do the longest task possible that is outdoors, but only check in once or twice a day.
  • agentkhoff28
    73 posts
    edited October 2013
    Before I was able to build up my bonus percentage and needed in game cash I would do 1 hour tasks all the time. After a few boatload purchases my bonus percent is quite healthy. I have all the land, most all of the buildings, characters, etc. I don't do the 1 hour tasks. I like the 8, 12 and 24 hour tasks. Basically any task that makes the character do stuff outside for a long time.

I do wish some of the 1 hour tasks were longer.
  • mbemom
    258 posts
    edited October 2013
    When I was at a lower level I did it all the time. It's the only way to make the money you need if you don't house farm. But now, I don't do it. I usually have time to put everyone on 4 hour tasks twice a day plus a 12 or 8 hour task at night, depending on when I go to bed.
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited October 2013
    I use the 1 hour tasks for quick cash. I still have quite a bit to build and I also like to see all my characters outside so I tend to lean toward those tasks as well.
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited October 2013
    For about 7 months I would do hour tasks for about 4 hours every night when I had the most time to design town and accumilate decent cash. The rest of the time it would have been 4 and 8 hour tasks to maximise cash flow. It was quite a lot of effort tapping dozens of chatacters every hour but was worth it since I was able to acquire all the land by the 8 th month of playing.
    Once I had all the land it was a matter of stopping the hour tasks all together and moving up to minimum of 8 hour tasks. Now money is no object there isn't anything else to by until lvl 37 and the next aspirational item so the dollars just keep rolling in.
    My methods of earning money required quite a good deal of effort and time, and I still haven't given my characters time off from tasks in the year since first playing the game.
  • gavthomson
    192 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    I do it 2 or 3 times a day. The rest are 6, 8 or 12 hr tasks. Depends what I'm doing.

It does get a bit boring when everyone pours out of the Kwik e mart all the time.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.