EA Forums - Banner

81 donuts what should I buy

Halloween is almost over so If you think an item will not be back next year consider it

Get items that add a multiplier to your game. Even, a .25% multipler add to every cash and XP earned in the whole game

or buy items that create cash (items that create ghosts normally switch to cash)

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    It really depends on what sort of help is best, long term. My first donut purchase was Bumblebee Man, because he gave me a 24-hour (and high-value!) broadcast option for Channel 6, and I have not regretted the purchase. The next things on my list are the Ray Gun (if they reduce the cost) so I can get Kodos, or Frink and his Lab (if they don't reduce the Ray Gun) because Frink is fairly prominent, in-game, I like the character, and the lab earns cash at a pretty good rate.
    I wouldn't personally recommend getting buildings or decorations that don't also give you a character, not at first anyway. Good as multipliers are for earnings, I prefer characters and their storylines. Premium characters earn more than regular characters, too, so they also contribute to earnings.
    But that's just where my priorities are. There are decorations and buildings that I wish I could buy, just for aesthetics, but won't buy for donuts. If a certain building or decoration is super important to you for the aesthetic value, then go for it, because it will have other benefits. But with 80 donuts, my first recommendation is Bumblebee Man, or to continue saving for something else.
    And yeah, Halloween stuff is limited time, but I haven't found that limited time necessarily means it's the best stuff for enhancing the game, it just means that it's limited time. *shrug* Others may disagree. Again, totally up to you.
  • ApeMilkBuddha
    111 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    neuroheart wrote:
    It really depends on what sort of help is best, long term. My first donut purchase was Bumblebee Man, because he gave me a 24-hour (and high-value!) broadcast option for Channel 6, and I have not regretted the purchase. The next things on my list are the Ray Gun (if they reduce the cost) so I can get Kodos, or Frink and his Lab (if they don't reduce the Ray Gun) because Frink is fairly prominent, in-game, I like the character, and the lab earns cash at a pretty good rate.
    I wouldn't personally recommend getting buildings or decorations that don't also give you a character, not at first anyway. Good as multipliers are for earnings, I prefer characters and their storylines. Premium characters earn more than regular characters, too, so they also contribute to earnings.
    But that's just where my priorities are. There are decorations and buildings that I wish I could buy, just for aesthetics, but won't buy for donuts. If a certain building or decoration is super important to you for the aesthetic value, then go for it, because it will have other benefits. But with 80 donuts, my first recommendation is Bumblebee Man, or to continue saving for something else.
    And yeah, Halloween stuff is limited time, but I haven't found that limited time necessarily means it's the best stuff for enhancing the game, it just means that it's limited time. *shrug* Others may disagree. Again, totally up to you.
    Those are all good comments, I would only like to warn that Bumblebee Man's two outdoor tasks are a half-hour & an hour long each, so if you usually put your characters on 8, 12 or 24 hour tasks you will rarely see him.
  • joejoe1731
    16 posts
    edited November 2013
    Do you think the cauldron is worth it? 2.25 higher on all jobs.. Is that for every character ?
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    joejoe1731 wrote:
    Do you think the cauldron is worth it? 2.25 higher on all jobs.. Is that for every character ?

I have the cauldron which gives Witch Marge; That is a multiplier and applies to all jobs (cash and XP); Personally I like Witch Marge even without the Cauldron
  • joejoe1731
    16 posts
    edited November 2013
    joejoe1731 wrote:

I have the cauldron which gives Witch Marge; That is a multiplier and applies to all jobs (cash and XP); Personally I like Witch Marge even without the Cauldron

On all the characters?
  • orionsbell
    478 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    joejoe1731 wrote:
    joejoe1731 wrote:

On all the characters?

Yes, all characters.
    BTW: My Springfield circa Winter 2014: orionsbell.com/simpsons/Winter2014.png
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!