EA Forums - Banner

Is there a point to having a thanksgiving update?

Prev1
Based on what we had last year I would expect a small update with a mention of thanksgiving. Hopefully they at least bring back the balloons as I was not buying donuts yet.

Replies

• DaNgerSteVe
    212 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    So with thanksgiving being late this on November 28, 2013 then we have xmas update starting on the 12/1/13 i believe. unless they are going to give it to us early this year.
  • dill1785
    233 posts
    edited November 2013
    Depends on when it was roughly last year. Also it may come this week and then another level update the following week (fitting in the the fortnightly level update) and the Christmas update after the level update, so in 3 weeks time?

Rough dates:
    Thanksgiving - 14th November
    Level 38 (If any level update) - 21st Novemeber
    Christmas - 28th November

This is all speculation.
  • JohnnoshArk
    23 posts
    edited November 2013
    Even if it is as bad as last years balloons, I think it is worth having the event.

As someone who has been playing since the first launch, it is these special events which really get me back being involved in the game. Level updates are fun and all, but they just don't captivate me.

Anything limited pumps me up, and gets me back to regular tapping. Bring on Thanksgiving I say.
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    We also have Chanukah starting on the 28th also. Thanksgiving and Chanukah starting the same day wouldn't happen for 79,000 years. That deserves a balloon; might even make Josh smile (but he'll claim it was only for Thanksgiving)
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    If you want more free content, then yes, there is a point.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:

Exactly!
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Sure this week will be an episode promotion tie-in... seems like we're due one... then next week a level update and the week after Thanksgiving. Just my speculation.
  • irishladsoca
    398 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    i'm still happily tapping away on lvl 37 quests, I could live without a thanksgiving update, but I won't complain if it happens. more free stuff is always a good thing. But it would seem like overkill, Halloween,Thanksgiving and Christmas updates so close together
  • heatherbea444
    232 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Agreed. :thumbup:
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6285 posts Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Like I always say, the more the merrier.

Bring on the Thanksgiving content update
  • timberwuf
    520 posts
    edited November 2013
    Yes. I'm bored.
    They should have an update for every episode.
    I actually watch the show now that I play the game.
  • darrenholm736
    1276 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Anyone else think we could do with some more land....

tigers-7.jpg
  • Lovelybella87
    276 posts
    edited November 2013
    It doesn't have to be a huge update like Halloween. Last year it was only about a week and we got the parade balloons. I'd like to add on to those. Who can say no to more free stuff? Not me ;)
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    It doesn't have to be a huge update like Halloween. Last year it was only about a week and we got the parade balloons. I'd like to add on to those. Who can say no to more free stuff? Not me ;)

Exactly. If not balloons maybe a Pilgrim costume for Homer or a small decoration of Lisa's centerpiece display that when tapped on burns up (like in the Bart vs. Thanksgiving episode).
  • marco_rosa833
    366 posts
    edited November 2013
    I want to see something small for Thanksgiving... even if it was just something small. Big events are great; but, it's the small updates that will keep my attention on this game.
  • Lovelybella87
    276 posts
    edited November 2013
    DIrishB wrote:

Exactly. If not balloons maybe a Pilgrim costume for Homer or a small decoration of Lisa's centerpiece display that when tapped on burns up (like in the Bart vs. Thanksgiving episode).

That centerpiece would be great. :thumbup:
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited November 2013
    We got Burns monster for Halloween. So why not Turkey Burns for Thanksgiving? LOL

thanksgiving-simpsons-mc1.jpg
  • AmandaElwood
    168 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    The point of a Thanksgiving update would be a chance for EA to release the balloons again so I can have them. I was on Android last year, so I only get to covet the balloons in other neighborhoods. This is a whining 2 year-old type problem for me. I don't care what all I missed otherwise, I really want those balloons.

Did I mention I want the balloons?
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    The point of a Thanksgiving update would be a chance for EA to release the balloons again so I can have them. I was on Android last year, so I only get to covet the balloons in other neighborhoods. This is a whining 2 year-old type problem for me. I don't care what all I missed otherwise, I really want those balloons.

Did I mention I want the balloons?

I've already got them but would like to see them re-released for those who missed them last year. But I'd like to see one or two new small items, like alternate Thanksgiving costumes(s) (Pilgrim Homer or Turkey Burns would be my choices), or a decoration or two.
  • kanderson123
    247 posts
    edited November 2013
    It is my goal with any thanksgiving threads to throw out Tom Turkey..... I actually do think that some EA folks do scan our stuff once in a while....

And to follow up on that interesting question like so many other good people have mentioned, is there a point to a thanksgiving update?? Answer: YES .... Any update is appreciated donut costing or not I will take it....:)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!