EA Forums - Banner

Petition to get mrs Krabappel voiced *added more names*

Prev1
can't you just let her rest in peace?

Replies

• Nhlman72
    117 posts
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, I think now it's even more appropriate that she isn't voiced.
  • Wild ACE24
    58 posts
    edited November 2013
    Not really i think not would be the best time to get her voiced
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited November 2013
    On a previous thread quite a few people, including me, thought that adding a voice now would be a very nice tribute. I'm sure it will be considered.
  • chud3
    141 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    it would be a nice tribute, i think. always loved her work starting on bob newhart...
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    i think you are going to get people that argue each side

personally i think its disrespectful as they are retiring her character.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6306 posts Moderator
    edited November 2013
    When Doris Grau died in 1996, they retired Lunchlady Doris out of respect for her. But then in 2007 they brought her out of retirement and Tress MacNielle has been voicing her ever since.

It's sad that Marcia Wallace has passed and my heart goes out to her family. But I honestly think they should keep Edna around in tribute to her & if anything, let Tress continue to voice her.
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    When Doris Grau died in 1996, they retired Lunchlady Doris out of respect for her. But then in 2007 they brought her out of retirement and Tress MacNielle has been voicing her ever since.

It's sad that Marcia Wallace has passed and my heart goes out to her family. But I honestly think they should keep Edna around in tribute to her & if anything, let Tress continue to voice her.

No no no no no.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6306 posts Moderator
    edited November 2013
    ^ Any particular reason why?
  • kylstrk
    423 posts
    edited November 2013
    I say keep her unvoiced, but add a non-canon in-game tribute sign, something like the radioactive man sign. Saying something like Bart's chalkboard in the recent ep
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    ^ Any particular reason why?

No one could replace Marcia Wallace. It would be a discredit to continue her character with another voice.
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Add me!
  • Ftball2theGroin
    594 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm sure adding her voice to this game would require a contract that would have to be signed by her estate and heirs. I would guess they have more pressing things to do right now then try to determine a fair market value for her voice work in the context of a freemium mobile game.

Maybe later, after some time has passed, EA can approach the estate and offer a comparable deal to what they give the other voice talent. However, I assume they cut a deal with the six main cast members (and no one else) precisely to avoid haggling with the rest of the cast members to keep their expenses low.

It's not like EA can just unilaterally add someone's voice to a game and not compensate them for it.
  • redec69
    185 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm sure adding her voice to this game would require a contract that would have to be signed by her estate and heirs. I would guess they have more pressing things to do right now then try to determine a fair market value for her voice work in the context of a freemium mobile game.

Maybe later, after some time has passed, EA can approach the estate and offer a comparable deal to what they give the other voice talent. However, I assume they cut a deal with the six main cast members (and no one else) precisely to avoid haggling with the rest of the cast members to keep their expenses low.

It's not like EA can just unilaterally add someone's voice to a game and not compensate them for it.

*Exactly*....and I'm sure if Marcia wanted to be involved in the game she already would have been (I'm sure EA tried to get her when they got the rest of the voice actors)....IMHO it would be hugely disrespectful to add her now even if her estate agreed (when it's already pretty clear she didn't want to be involved)
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited November 2013
    Wild ACE24 wrote:
    I got for names so far!
    Wildace24
    Flyingtrucker
    Spontaneousuniq
    Uniqueness82

For names? Four something lol
  • Ftball2theGroin
    594 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    redec69 wrote:

*Exactly*....and I'm sure if Marcia wanted to be involved in the game she already would have been (I'm sure EA tried to get her when they got the rest of the voice actors)....IMHO it would be hugely disrespectful to add her now even if her estate agreed (when it's already pretty clear she didn't want to be involved)

I'd wager that EA never even asked her, because they didn't want to pay for minor characters. They probably decided from the start to restrict it to the main six cast members. Maybe if the game is successful enough, they can start cutting deals with Milhouse (Pamela Hayden) and others.
  • Dalekbuster523
    914 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Sign me up for this petition. I think all the characters in the game should be voiced. Daft how some are and some are not.
    The Real Dalekbuster523, Coming Soon to Nethersphere Online
  • skylarkpilot
    192 posts
    edited November 2013
    I can see it both ways on the Edna question.
    Personally I think it is a better tribute to keep the character in the show in memory of the person. Voicing the character is a difficult one though. Maybe she could get some throat disease from kissing principal Skinner that causes her voice to change permanently. Flashbacks to Skinner in Vietnam drunkenly kissing a monkey or something. It could make a whole episode with Dr Hibberd and his catchphrase.
    Just an idea.
    If The Simpsons use it though I'd like a place in the credits please.
  • TonyMinetana
    138 posts
    edited November 2013
    Personally I think every character should be voiced...
    And the fact that she's dead irl doesn't make it disrespectful at all imo...
    I think it would be a tribute...
    She used half her life or something on that character for all I know...
    Would be disrespectful to replace her with a new voice, but for the game they could just take some recordings from the show...
  • LPNintendoITA
    11587 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    imho even just the HA! is enough. Not need to do a whole thing.
    sign me in.
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited November 2013
    I can see both sides of this discussion; however, i just don't see it ever happening. If she wasn't voiced before, i seriously doubt she will get voiced now. Granted, i know there are hours and hours of recorded dialogue that they could technically use to voice her now, but i just don't think they would do it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.