EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• JustALilLost
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    ARGH. "Cannot connect to server. Man I hate this screen."

I had this problem last week and couldn't connect for three days. Then things were working again until the latest update (which, unfortunately, happens automatically, unlike every other program on my iPad that goes through the App Store for updates).

This time I'm getting the can't connect message much earlier -- just after the "synchronizing" message.

I've closed down the program and restarted it. I've got the latest version of iOS on an un-jailbroken iPad 3. I even rebooted my iPad and reset my network settings. Nothing changes.

I'm ready to give up on this program. :cry:

Mine is doing the same thing! i'm not sure why it's only some people experiencing this and not everyone but ever since the update, it's been stalling at the "cannot connect to server". :(
    Please fix this ASAP!!!!
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    unvano008 wrote:
    :( My mr. Burns character has finished his job and now stuck in a uncontrollable state. I.e. in sweat pants for a month, with no thumbs up icon on his head nor pop up a progress bar when tapping on him. I've emailed tech support about this month ago,& it's still not fixed....sigh.... Anyways. I updated my iPad to 6.01 and installed tapped out from scratch today,that problem is stl there.. Any suggestions?

Try storing and then restoring the power plant. I'm not sure which component is associated with Burns, so you might want to do this with all three. When doing this, you might also try completely quitting the game between the store and restore actions. Good luck!
  • unvano008
    9 posts
    edited December 2012
    Try storing and then restoring the power plant. I'm not sure which component is associated with Burns, so you might want to do this with all three. When doing this, you might also try completely quitting the game between the store and restore actions. Good luck!

just tried what you told, storing all 3 power plant building, kill the program, even powered off ipad for 5 minutes. mr. burns is still untouchable after restoring 3 buildings. :(:(:( thank you for your advice anyways.
  • unvano008
    9 posts
    edited December 2012
    duplicate entry. plz delete this one
  • NJSparrow95
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    Hi, i clicked on Tapped out today to play it and it, only to find i need to log into Origin again. No big deal right? Wrong. I type in my email correctly and it sends me to the "Choose a username and password" screen. i go back and retype my email, checking for any mistakes. i then get the exact same menu. Its like my email has been disconnected from my town and username, since its trying to create a new account. However, i logged into Origin on my PC with the same Email and password so it is just on the iPhone.. I hope this is fixed soon because i have spent a fair bit of money on doughnuts and i was level 19.. Please help..
  • Bellfist
    12 posts
    edited December 2012
    The Origin console is not loading when the game starts. This made me lose all my neighbors, and now, I just bought Duff Brewery, but when I tap the building to finish it, the game crashes.
  • maifira
    3 posts
    edited December 2012
    I did the winter update on my Simpson game and my friends disappeared and everytime I try to complete krabopples apt the while game crashes ... Is there a patch coming to fix this
  • sleepassist
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    After the latest crash I've lost all my Santa Coins, granted I didn't have that much but still puts me back even further from completing the Mapple Store.

Anyone else have this bug?

EDIT: And they're back all is swell.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • boooloomis
    15 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    I feel like I'm way behind everyone on the decorations because of the malfuntions lately. Anyone know how to get to decorating anything else besides the simpsons house??!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • edited December 2012
    I've added a load of new friends since signing up for the forums here this morning. Since I have, the game crashes every time I try to launch the friends area to view their towns. I've tried signing out and signing in again of Origin but I still keep getting the "Cannot Connect to server" message whenever I try to see my friends
  • kakaleta23
    10 posts
    edited December 2012
    My game crashes on the following:

Tapping Bart, Lisa, Homer, or Ned to assign them tasks.

Using the holiday items build menu.

Randomly when I am tapping to collect or assign tasks.

I have emailed EA and tried all the initial suggestions. I was told I will have to wait 1-2 weeks for further help.
  • zoebear
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    zoebear wrote:
    Blinky2530 wrote:
    None of my friends towns show up so I can visit them since the Christmas update. I can only visit the generic Springfield town plus the "add friends" town. All of my friends are still listed in the menu as friends, but their towns just don't show up. Friends can apparently still visit me, however.

Seeing the exact same thing. Friends can visit my Springfield, I can request and add friends, and get messages that they have accepted, but they do not appear so I can visit them. Have tried logging in and out of Origin. Running on iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1. Never have had any crashing issues with this game, first bug I've encountered.

Good news!!! Fixed this by deleting all neighbors who hadn't connected since the last update. Now I can see my other neighbors, and collect those Santa coins.
  • edited December 2012
    Hi Admins, hope you can help me out with this one!

I've lost all progress as of this morning, level 24 right back to the very start of the game. Fully signed into Origin, and yet nothing's there at all.

Origin ID: v1ctory_1s_m1ne

Really hope this gets sorted as soon as possible, I've sunk a lot of time and cash into Simpson's Tapped out, and was really enjoying all the new Christmas and level 24 content :(
  • gruntenheimer
    8 posts
    edited December 2012
    Cant add friends in origin. I have 191 friends but now

when I try to accept invites, I get the message

uh oh something went wrong,,,,

Sorry an unexpected error occurred. Please try again.

Any ideas?
  • WhoIsWillo
    5 posts
    edited December 2012
    My Santa coins have vanished (went from 16 to 0). Username WhoIsWillo. Every Santa Coin purchase so far rewards you with more Santa Coins, so I shouldn't be at zero.
  • WhoIsWillo
    5 posts
    edited December 2012
    WhoIsWillo wrote:
    My Santa coins have vanished (went from 16 to 0). Username WhoIsWillo. Every Santa Coin purchase so far rewards you with more Santa Coins, so I shouldn't be at zero.

And they're magically back just after I post.
  • Kilaartist
    8 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    Gypsy:

Level 20 40 donuts, numerous in app purchases

Can't connect to server for about a week with new Christmas update.have shutdown and restarted many times. Don't want to delete bc I don't want to lose my town. Please help. Account name: kilaartist

Please email at [email protected]

Please please please!

Thanks Doug
  • kierstyallie
    13 posts
    edited December 2012
    I've been playing the game since October, and i got a mission telling me to have Cletus Brew Moonshine. I've done it, and it says 1/1. But it still wont go away. Since then, Cletus isn't able to get any other missions. How can i get this fixed so it will go away?
  • rsnyder0
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    Otto's bus isn't displaying correctly once it's been placed. The image seems to be one map tile up and to the right
  • boooloomis
    15 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    This is ****. I literally just spent 20 $ And the freaking game crashes takes me back to level 1. Won't let me login to origin account I'm logged in annonomously completely stared over. You EA gamer people need to get on this and hurry the * up. Isn't this your job?????? ??????????????!

Completely unacceptable! This game should be rated level 1. You piece of * game!