EA Forums - Banner

Come on already we need more land.

Replies

  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I don' think I've mentioned this in a while. I would like MORE LAND for Christmas.
  • shelton540
    172 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I don't understand the backlash when people ask got more land. What does it matter to you if you don't need it?

    Yet, every time, some people feel the need to lecture others as if they have squandered their allotment. Seems silly.
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited November 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Found this pic and thought i totally agree :lol:

    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxwSYuC0LWSadwY0WQ3uP737Aj-w340ofRLOU3RoHMhfCU3F7V

    Brilliant! Love it!


    I want a row of land all the way right of the map. We already got one towards the left first by Squidport then the strip towards the bottom and now should be the strip towards the right :D. But I don't mind another land expansion on the bottom. Land is Land. :mrgreen:


  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm really wouldn't mind more land. But somehow whenever we get new content, I always find a way to work it out nicely in my town. And I have or will have just about everything since I'm a completionist. Waiting on an iTunes sale. :roll:
  • letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited November 2013
    I found myself at a point where my SF was getting crowded and I couldn't afford more land because I had buildings to buy or something. I took out all my parking lots (they're pretty useless since you can't even park cars on them anyway) and freed up a LOT of space.
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    My town isn't amazing in that everything's spread out, I have lots of space that I can build into and yesterday I was shocked when I realised how much more rows I can still buy, it's a least 6 so I don't know how people need lots of land.
  • stevieort
    605 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I've been playing for over a year, and being a completest have secured every building made available (only four KEMs, though; I am perfectly content with a 4 1/2-star rating). While I don't have HUGE spaces between buildings, I am now maxed out.

    More land, please.
  • paul4ro
    50 posts
    edited November 2013
    shelton540 wrote:
    I don't understand the backlash when people ask got more land. What does it matter to you if you don't need it?

    Yet, every time, some people feel the need to lecture others as if they have squandered their allotment. Seems silly.

    It does matter, as some of us have to completely redesign large areas after they add more. It also changes the landing zone.

    It's also annoying for people with little in-game cash. My town is currently a mess because I am waiting until I have bought all the land before I clean it up and arrange things with the space available. Adding even more too quickly just makes it even harder for people starting out to buy all the land and plan their designs.

    NO MORE LAND PLEASE, especially given there was a whole load more added at Halloween.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • mattstreetnz
    10 posts
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, I see your point. Adding a strip here and there will wonky up you landing zone..
    Hopefully EA will improve their tech level and be able to give us big Springfield.
    More land = more fun.
  • jacko_9997
    532 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I didn't realise just how little we have. Until I expanded a few plots the other day and I realised I have little left to expand
  • jbas
    11 posts
    edited November 2013
    My neighbor with the biggest and most elaborate town takes 3x longer to load than all others. Maybe huge towns cause issues with the servers? My town is small because 1) navigating on an iPhone isn't ideal 2) I hate searching for characters 3) I have very little premium content
  • Awad46
    16 posts
    edited November 2013
    yes ea. please release alot of land!
  • Trieste53
    69 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Waiting on an iTunes sale

    I just bought 2 $50 cards from Office Max for $80. It's an online deal, so you have to wait for them to come in snail mail.
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited November 2013
    I've just hit both edges of the map. I think I'll have enough room to get through Christmas at the very least, but having spread things out, I'm starting to see why people want/need more.

    That said, in doing so my landing zone moved, and it was a pain to work around it.

    Maybe EA could release some more land, but hard-code a certain map point as the landing zone. That'd solve both problems.
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited November 2013
    I wouldn't mind more land BUT don't think it's necessary for players to have more. Personally I like big outlets for some of my buildings and settings and I also have a little farming area and still I have enough land to place next year's buildings. I don't say that there will not be any readjustments but I think we have just enough land :wink:
  • ewaldklement
    73 posts
    edited November 2013
    More Land Please!!!!
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited November 2013
    paul4ro wrote:
    It does matter, as some of us have to completely redesign large areas after they add more. It also changes the landing zone.

    It's also annoying for people with little in-game cash. My town is currently a mess because I am waiting until I have bought all the land before I clean it up and arrange things with the space available. Adding even more too quickly just makes it even harder for people starting out to buy all the land and plan their designs.

    NO MORE LAND PLEASE, especially given there was a whole load more added at Halloween.

    Although I'm neutral on the land expansion, I'm strongly opposed to your reason.

    If we follow the same logic then new level buildings should cost less than now as to match the pace of the new players that cannot afford them for days or weeks. Or even set double standards for those who own premium characters and buildings and thus have a higher daily revenue than the players who don't buy donuts.

    It took me about 10 months to get all the land and I bought the last half of the Halloween sea expansion just last week. I rearranged some things in my city but not a whole lot. Even without a land expansion I still have to rearrange my city when new buildings are available with each update. So that means that EA should stop giving us new buildings with every new level?

    In short your argument is absurd and invalid on so many different levels... :roll:
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    If you buy premium items and actually properly place the items, you need more land. If you cram crap together then you dont its that simple.

    Personally I think no more land should be released for cash. any future land purchases should require donuts,and the only reason why I say this, is because those who do not purchase premium items have no need for additional land, and those who do, need more land so they will buy it.

    WHAT?!

    The devil's hell fire of the forum will rain upon you.

    That has to be the worst suggestion ever on this forum.

    final-words.gif

  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    sdv325 wrote:
    sdv325 wrote:
    These threads are getting just as annoying as Josh's complaining threads.

    Plus there was a thread just like this not 2 days ago....

    As the saying goes, "The squeaky wheel get the grease." There are a lot of people, me included, who want/need land and the more "chatter" on the forum about getting land, the better chances there are we get land.

    Id really love to see some of these towns where people constantly complain about more land. Chances are they are just horribly designed and hugely mismanaged.

    From all the people that have been in my friends list, very few compare to mine in terms for design and creativity. Granted i have only a couple premium buildings and stated months late because Android didn't get it but I have nearly 3 full rows of of land empty. And i have been generous with the typical area's

    Bigger isn't always better.

    I bet you drive a Hummer and a Prius... At the same time. At your house, the laws of physics are altered just to accommodate your massive ____________________. (Feel free to fill in the blank.)


  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Now, now, there's no need to insinuate that someone drives a Prius; that's going too far. :mrgreen:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.