EA Forums - Banner

Any Gil deal that includes in-game cash is complete trash

Replies

• ashkay0104
    16 posts
    edited November 2013
    How do you buy the bundle from Gil?

You click on him and then the 300, then the game says "do you want more"??

Am I buying the bundle? Am I buying bundle plus more? Do I just click on 300 doughnuts and it will give me bundle?

Thanks for the help
  • irishladsoca
    398 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Gil's pop up appeared after homers failed attempt to get more donuts but the old fella is no where to be seen in my town, I guess he took a look around saw that i already had the deal he was offering and more cash i can possibly spend so he must of hung his head and moved on. which is cool with me since he's annoying as hell when I accidentally tap him
  • Funchal13
    279 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    I hope the moron who thinks up these terrible deals feels embarrassed and they get someone else to do it.

Hate to say this: I agree with you.
  • Funchal13
    279 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Gil's pop up appeared after homers failed attempt to get more donuts but the old fella is no where to be seen in my town, I guess he took a look around saw that i already had the deal he was offering and more cash i can possibly spend so he must of hung his head and moved on. which is cool with me since he's annoying as hell when I accidentally tap him

Mine is in the premium items menu. Seems he won't be wandering around town this time.
  • Internetzer
    3 posts
    edited November 2013
    My thread is not just about adding 50k to the Gil deals. Maybe it would help, if you read what I posted and not just the topic and put in a link... :roll:
  • ashkay0104
    16 posts
    edited November 2013
    ashkay0104 wrote:

Am I buying the bundle? Am I buying bundle plus more? Do I just click on 300 doughnuts and it will give me bundle?

Thanks for the help

Is it true you have to have over 300 doughnuts to get this bundle deal ???
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    ashkay0104 wrote:
    ashkay0104 wrote:

Thanks for the help

Is it true you have to have over 300 doughnuts to get this bundle deal ???

No. I have 180 donuts and he appeared in the town without these items to offer me the deal. Of course, to encourage me to top up my donut stack. PASS.

I'm with Josh, any deal involving in game cash is stupid. We have 3 days to purchase this deal. More than enough time to buy some land to place them. It must be cold in Hell tonight!
  • st33lcas3
    256 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, it would have been nice for the offer to include newer buildings like the Community Center or the Cracker Factory. Throw in a premium vehicle or decoration instead of in game cash too. How about giving players their choice of two buildings for 25-30% less than buying them separately?

Seriously EA, it's like you're not even trying anymore.
  • jacko_9997
    532 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Now that statement is correct.
  • ashkay0104
    16 posts
    edited November 2013

No. I have 180 donuts and he appeared in the town without these items to offer me the deal. Of course, to encourage me to top up my donut stack. PASS.

I'm with Josh, any deal involving in game cash is stupid. We have 3 days to purchase this deal. More than enough time to buy some land to place them. It must be cold in Hell tonight![/quote]

Yea I click Gil, and all that appears is want some more doughnuts ...give me only two options.
    1. Get more
    2. Cancel

If I click "get more" brings me to the premium tab and have to choose which amount I want.

It doesn't make sense and even for extra precaution I clicked the 1.99 offer ...and all it was charging me was the 1.99 - nothing about 300 doughnuts or Gil's landmark bundle?

How can I be sure I'm getting the landmark bundle and not just 300 doughnuts?

Thanks
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    You first need to buy more donuts, so that you have at least 300 to make the deal.
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited November 2013
    Like a broken clock twice a day, Josh is right this time: in-game cash as part of the bargain is a rip-off.

Doesn't change the fact that when challenged Josh tries to equate his "celebrity" TSTO status (lol) as validation of his ham-fisted whining about each aspect of every update and that his barely coherent ramblings are of any genuine value.
  • 4n47
    11 posts
    edited November 2013
    No, your thread is yet another TSTO player crying over something that doesn't really matter.
    Because their sale wasn't good enough, you're going to cry?
    lolololololololol. It's amusing how unhappy you all become over the most trivial things.
  • ashkay0104
    16 posts
    edited November 2013
    Like a broken clock twice a day, Josh is right this time: in-game cash as part of the bargain is a rip-off.

Doesn't change the fact that when challenged Josh tries to equate his "celebrity" TSTO status (lol) as validation of his ham-fisted whining about each aspect of every update and that his barely coherent ramblings are of any genuine value.

And may the truth set you free, FINALLY!

I seriously was going bananas trying to understand this, why did they go this route

Thank you I finally can stop taking the Rorschach test...geeez
  • 4n47
    11 posts
    edited November 2013
    I understand why people may not think 50,000 in game cash is a "deal" but you have to be smart enough to realize at least that there is a viable donut to money exchange. Therefor if it's offered as a premium, donut obtainable items "i.e" quick cash, it's still viable for them to include. If people never wanted quick cash, it wouldn't be an option. I'm going to sit on my 20,000 donuts and not cry.
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited November 2013
    I had neither, now I have both. And the sign delivers a 4.5% multiplier bonus so in the end it will be well worth it. Everybody wants something for nothing. :)
  • smith3198
    688 posts
    edited November 2013
    :twisted:
  • Pinkspaceangel
    343 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    You are quite right. I bought it anyway. :lol::lol::lol:

A fool and his donuts are easily parted. :lol::wink:

Wow. You probably could have gotten the $50K in a day. You got ripped off and EA is laughing their fat * off at you. I wish the suckers would stop buying these deals so that day old donuts would return.

Thank you for the suckers... I will take that personally. :?

I am sure I am not the only one that does not have either the brewery or the sign because I started this game in May this year. So as much as I do not care for the money, I do care for the deal of 60 donuts less, for items that I would not have purchased at full price.

• LuGer33x
    152 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I don't think this is too much of a deal either. Asking someone to drop $20 on a free to play game isn't exactly a Black Friday "sale" if you ask me.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator
    Xbox Live - The Snake Esq
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.