EA Forums - Banner

What mistakes did you make

Replies

• wagondriver4
    293 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Using donuts for the "friend quest", glad I'm not the only one. Playing through Xmas and valentines day before creating an origin account.
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I shudder to think of all the wasted donuts from the days before the confirm button.

Buying the wax museum. It's huge and ugly. No one uses it And it adds to indolence for some stupid reason. I bought it because it was there and because I hoped it would go to consumerism or obedience. At least Calmwood goes to obedience and zesty's to gluttony.

Probably am alone on this one: getting Moleman. i've realized while re watching the earlier seasons that I don't like Moleman. He's creepy and annoying, IMO. His tasks suck, and in KL he's basically a shorter, older version of SVT. But I got him because I wanted the stage and he was all I was missing for it's task list. I changed my mind about the stage, but only after I got moleman.

This is the joy of starting another game. Knowing what traps to skip and what buildings are important. Now I have conformity bonus info, so at the lower levels i wasn't spending money willy nilly to add to my stars. I feel like my second game is more streamlined. I don't have all the limited time stuff like my first game, but I stilll enjoy game 2.
  • chelsp88
    160 posts
    edited December 2013
    i think my biggest mistake was downloading the app... a year and a half later... i'm still here. lol

no, seriously - my mistakes include:

* not bothering with the game for 2 months and missing xmas 2012 and WD :(
    * speeding up EVERYTHING at the beginning
    * not finding the forum until 2 months ago

my biggest regret was yesterday. i have a pretty basic SP as i only play 12hr tasks and don't buy donuts.... but i felt a bit "rich" with my $1,000,000 so i thought id would buy some land (seen as my springfield is pretty small)... bought a few rows... then a few more.... now i have $100 left.... one day before xmas update... well done, chelsea.
  • mrjassmith
    158 posts
    edited December 2013

Sped up a few of the first long tasks and lost some doughnuts speeding up a brown house before
    turning on the confirm spend doughnuts option.

I think my worst tactical error was doing a reinstall in Egypt on crappy hotel wifi that took 3.5 days
    to complete as I had connectivity issues for over an hour.

:shock:

• lullybelle
    21 posts
    edited December 2013
    I spent doughnuts buying the girl on squidport by error...

Also back when i was playing with my little brother on his account, i spent a lot of his doughnuts on Homer buddahs :oops:
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    my best accident was during the halloween event, i was tapping like crazy and accidentally opened the simpson house and chose "emerald ring" as the answer to the 6 donut question lol i clicked so fast i had to go online to read what i had just done :-)
  • edited December 2013
    The worst mistake I ever made was not creating an Origin account so when I got a new phone I lost my original SF which was at level 20 or so :-( Also, I wish I had found this forum sooner (I didn't join until Halloween).
  • brenden720448
    83 posts
    edited December 2013
    The one mistake i've made: downloading/playing TSTO
  • Bettyumu
    81 posts
    edited December 2013
    Bettyumu wrote:
    Before the glitch my biggest mistake was building the squidport entrance. You never have enough $$, in the early levels to complete the tasks on it, so if I was a new player and the glitch wasn't available I would put buying the entrance on hold.

Same goes for Krusty Land. I have been booted out too many times for my liking so have put doing anything in KL on the back burner until I am up to date with everything else, currently level 36 and the spinster city apps and other things need building. So yeah, I wouldn't have wasted 50k on buying the KL bus.

My most recent mistakes are clicking on the last hand shake on a tile :(

And I have tapped my tile today!!!!!

:(

• kevwha22
    501 posts
    edited December 2013
    mattyhere wrote:
    I remember spending all the donuts you get towards the beginning of the game on mystery boxes without realising how valuble donuts would be in the future.

+1
  • kevwha22
    501 posts
    edited December 2013
    The one mistake i've made: downloading/playing TSTO

LMAO SHOULD HAVE READ THIS FIRST BECAUSE DEF MY MISTAKE TOO!!!! Dang life ruiningly addictive :roll:
  • empathy77
    4149 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    The biggest mistake I made was starting to play this game in the first place, now I'm an addict

I need to go to Simpson Tapping anonymous
  • empathy77
    4149 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Starting to play definatelly was a mistake... Game is just sooo adictive. Next mistake was going on this forum... Now i even have tsto during office hours on my mind (thats when i am typically browsing this forum) haha

Same thing right here
  • lisaseviltwin
    207 posts
    edited December 2013
    My biggest mistake (sigh :cry: ) was being so excited when I discovered that TSTO had come to Android that I immediately downloaded it on my phone, created an Origin account & began tapping away (Aug 2013)

not even stopping to think :!:

that I had started playing TSTO anonymously in Sept 2012 (on Dad's iPad at his house through Halloween 2012 when he demanded that I cease and desist hogging his iPad for such foolishness) and could have signed back into his iPad, signed up with Origin there & had all that great stuff I got back in Halloween 2012!!!!!! :evil:

Gah!! I had no idea the game was able to be ported like that! :cry:

I've since done just that, so now I have what is now essentially a feeder town with the following items NOT found in my main town:

Duff Racer ---yes!!!! The freakin Duff Racer!
    Supercollider ---!@#^*%!!
    Black Hole ---!@#^*%!!
    Mayan God
    Mayan Calendar
    Mayan Homer Skin
    Talking Krusty Doll
    Devil Flanders

Plus, I have the Bad Dream House and both cemeteries that I got for free.

I am so smart.
    I am so smart.
    S-M-R-T
    I mean, S-M-A-R-T.
    D'oh!
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    2567592_o.gif
  • darkforce1985
    31 posts
    edited December 2013
    my worst accident is to spend donuts on timer at simpson's house (2 donuts for 45 secs, *...)
  • Jax001100
    1004 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I know this one is controversial, but my biggest mistake was not house farming. I spent a ridiculous amount of time playing this game before I realised that I was never going to get anywhere without a bit of house farming. Once I had all the land and was levelled up as far as I could go (I think it was level 35 at the time) I got rid of the farm and redesigned my town nicely. Never interested in hacking though. I know some of my neighbours have, since they have 2 farms and things like that.
  • ceylang2013
    12 posts
    edited December 2013
    Bettyumu wrote:
    Same goes for Krusty Land. I have been booted out too many times for my liking so have put doing anything in KL on the back burner until I am up to date with everything else, currently level 36 and the spinster city apps and other things need building. So yeah, I wouldn't have wasted 50k on buying the KL bus.

My most recent mistakes are clicking on the last hand shake on a tile :(

Thank you so much for posting this! I have been debating on which I should build first: KL, King Toot's or the Itchy and Scratchy store, as they are all in my task list. I guess KL will go on the back burner for a while!
  • wyendn
    310 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Starting a second town. Been playing since the app came out and my town didn't seem to be progressing so I started second town in August 2012. This was before people started feeder towns. Well, both towns ended up taking off and I couldn't help but doing both places. It ended up being very time consuming as I have friends on both so I'am back and forth to both all the time. What I do to one I have to do to the other. Totally addicted....that's my biggest mistake.
  • LennyAdd
    514 posts
    edited December 2013
    Spending all donuts earned by levelling up on speeding quests and premium decorations instead of saving them. :oops:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!