EA Forums - Banner

Christmas Secret Santa 2013

I'm not giving a lunatic on here my email address. I wouldn't give it to me if I didn't already know it. :lol::lol::lol:

Replies

• johncolombo
    11570 posts Senior Moderator
    edited December 2013
    It's a sweet idea I must admit and the sentiment is there.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • mutibabe
    61 posts
    edited December 2013
    Isn't a secret santa just a mix of participants all gifting each other from random selection with a pre-determined budget set?

You might as well just buy yourself your own gift card for donuts if you're buying someone else a gift card for the same amount that you're getting yourself from another player.

Doesnt make sense to go through all that hassle lol... unless I missunderstood your setup.
  • Dvl_dwg0481
    19 posts
    edited December 2013
    Again just an idea I had as I was visiting my neighbors, because there isn't much you can do to help them catch up.
  • mutibabe
    61 posts
    edited December 2013
    Ah... a sincere secret santa. As in, not expecting anything back. That's fairly nice of you in that case.
  • lisaseviltwin
    207 posts
    edited December 2013
    mutibabe wrote:
    Isn't a secret santa just a mix of participants all gifting each other from random selection with a pre-determined budget set?

You might as well just buy yourself your own gift card for donuts if you're buying someone else a gift card for the same amount that you're getting yourself from another player.

Doesnt make sense to go through all that hassle lol... unless I missunderstood your setup.

Sometimes the exchange of equal amounts in gift cards can be a great way to give yourself "permission" (or at least a nice rationalization) to spend money on fake buildings for one's fake town. :wink::D
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Cool idea, but I din't think I would give out my info.. My iTunes account has been hacked once, not going there again..
  • betha75
    157 posts
    edited December 2013
    I would love a way to be able to send gift items to neighbors, as long as it was something that could be done in-game :)
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited December 2013
    I love the sentiment behind the idea.

I wouldn't want to take part unless it was arranged so one person bought for one other person in a round-robin fashion so it's fair on all participants, but doing it that way makes it fairly pointless as there's only one gift, and choosing the gift is kinda the idea behind Secret Santa.

I also don't want to give out my e-mail address. Party for the usual reasons, but especially because it's my full real name.
  • battkatt
    106 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    My brother doesn't even have my email address! LOL If he wants to talk to me then he can call......ha ha ha.....So I think everyone should give themselves an Apple gift card- and then come back on the forum and tell everyone Thank you!

It is a GREAT thing though, the sentiment is wonderful and it is all in the spirit of Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!!!
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited December 2013
    betha75 wrote:
    I would love a way to be able to send gift items to neighbors, as long as it was something that could be done in-game :)

I have said this before......

I would love to be able to gift tappers in game cash or even donuts.... the trouble is that the sob stories would start......

maybe a gifting system via this forum in the same vein as "liking" a facebook post??
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited December 2013
    I'm not giving a lunatic on here my email address. I wouldn't give it to me if I didn't already know it. :lol::lol::lol:
    lol that's funy. :lol:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.