EA Forums - Banner

How much have you spent on the game...?

I think the more interesting question is how much time people have spent doing something they didn't want to do for in game cash.

If people actually enjoy the act of house farming, than every minute spent tapping is a good minute of gameplay. However, if someone spends, lets say an hour a day not designing their town, not reading dialogue, not enjoying the scenes, but tapping through a hundred brown houses lined up side by side with no space between for an hour or two so they have enough for a plot of land, or for the next level building.

Lets say someone spent 6 hours doing that, even at minimum wage, that's 36 dollars of wasted effort to get however many thousands of in game cash. Or how about staying up an extra hour, or two, and losing sleep, so that you don't waste 6 hours of unused house farm time.

I don't house farm anymore, I got very quickly bored of that, and thanks to the Tap-Gate scandal of the Farm, Channel Six and Open Air Stage, I can spend my time re-designing my little SF town.

But to answer the question even though you will think it's crazy, I spent about $300 on this game. That could buy me one game of The Simpsons Monopoly home set and about 6 The Simpsons action figures from Universal Studios. The Simpsons are a somewhat overpriced trademark, but with 26 years of brand recognition, they are able to get that premium.

Of that, I spent none of it on in-game cash, I did however buy every single premium character with a task, and most of the buildings, a few decorations but no doubles.

I think it's crazy to play the game several hours a day cycling through house farms, but then again, I value my time and have a job.

Replies

• traceym64
    155 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Nothing!
    Tapping away saving up earnt donuts
    Hoping something cool comes out for my first Springfield
    Christmas. :D
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Technically, maybe 25$ of my own cash.. .. But with gifted gift cards, winning gift cards at work, winning gift cards on online promotions Ect.. Around 250$ CAD...

For some people, it's a habit they enjoy. People waste money on temporary things every day.. Some people buy smokes, some people alcohol, others buy online games and in-game content.. As long as my expenses are covered, and I have put aside for savings, who cares what you spend your little bit if extra cash on?
  • haggis_balls
    187 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    When I first downloaded the game I was adamant I would not spend a thing on it. I thought it would be one of those games I would play for a few weeks then forget about...how wrong I was. Since getting the game in May I've bought 3 boatloads of donuts and currently have about 360 left which I'm hoping will be enough for the Christmas update! If not i may have to get some more. Like someone said, I'd much rather spend my hard earned cash on something like this than cigarettes or alcohol. Or having a life... Stupid game. :D
  • p0rkp1e
    145 posts
    edited December 2013
    In the beginning I didn't spend real money but caved within a few months. I have been playing since October 2012 and play every day, I have maybe spent just over £100.00 but think that's good value for the amount of time I spend on the game.
  • hipmama197190
    288 posts
    edited December 2013
    I've spent about $60. I started playing in September, so that's about $20 a month? It's slowing down, since I found the donut confirmation button and stopped accidentally speeding up tasks and jobs.

I used to play Frontierville, way back in the day. The cool thing about TSTO, even though people complain a lot, is that you really can play this game for free. It might take longer, and there will be a few things unavailable to you, but you will not run into an actual game objective that can't be fulfilled without in-game money and time. Frontierville waz always putting you on looooong quests, where one or two steps absolutely couldn't be completed without using "horseshoes" which you got one per level and never found while cleaning up trash, or popping ghosts, or in a mystery box, etc etc etc. So, it's just amazing to me to have donuts be for extras, that are truly extras, and to have them give them away so freely!

I still buy them, obviously! I figure since I play the heck out of this game, it's sort of like paying for a new game every so often. It keeps me busy and happy and off the streets. And people who truly don't want to or can't spend any money can play happily too, so everyone wins, right?
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    427068.60 (Sierra Leonean Leone)

?2073072.00 (Vietnamese ****)

¥10091.76 (Japanese Yen)

• Kizenix
    298 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    rsz_rr2w9.jpg
    I spent this much
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.