EA Forums - Banner

Why people get fed up with this game

Replies

• irishladsoca
    398 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    goody another poll, and for extra credit, rid and ridden are two different words, ridden is not a plural of rid which could be an easy assumption, although ..I've got ridden of... is a completely acceptable use of this word even though it is a different word by definition. Why are they 2 different words you ask? why is ridden acceptable in such a case? I don't know Google won't tell me. Might i suggest some hot coco with a splash of Baily's to help ya sleep

Not to side track the thread completely (because its such a unique thread lol) but where did you see that "I've got ridden of..." is acceptable? Maybe its a localized thing but I wouldn't think that's correct.

I think I will have a splash of irish cream. :)

Edited for the quote thingy.
    Origin of RID

Middle English ridden to clear, probably from Old English *ryddan; akin to Old High German riutan to clear land, Old Norse rythja
    First Known Use: 13th century
    SOURCE: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rid

EDIT; I think I will join you, cold and wet here today
  • skylarkpilot
    192 posts
    edited December 2013
    Well I'm in the minority here then.....The Christmas update WILL come along in it's own sweet time. Personally I'm quite enjoying the break from frantically zipping around friends towns tapping myself into a frenzy three or four times a day.
    Thank you EA for allowing me to rest my tapping fingers and get some feeling back in them.

Sits back and waits for the storm ............. :mrgreen:
  • forestdf
    62 posts
    edited December 2013
    i for one am glad the update is later this year. the mindless, numbing of tapping and visiting gets old for me pretty quickly.

and, it allow me more time to do other life stuff.

doing other stuff is good.

• HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited December 2013
    I must be one of the few regular players and forum readers who doesn't really care about this Christmas event. Sure any extra stuff that will work for the other 11 months of the year would be good but, sorry EA, this is the one event I won't buy premium content for. It's relevant for far too short a time. I'd much rather have more regular story lines.

So, my friend, I wouldn't quit. I just wouldn't bother with it.
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Frankly this is what is wrong with the human race, people acting so entitled. a female dog ingthat there isn't an update won't make it faster, especially when there isn't a whole lot of source material to work with. We all know Halloween is the simpsons thing, not Xmas
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    It's not that I don't want to or don't care about a Christmas update, but it's not a deal breaker either. If it comes, I will be glad for it. If it does not, it'll be disapointing, but we'll survive. It's not like it's a cornerstone off he game and the game will be unplayable if it doesn't come.

I'm. Pretty sure EA is just holding out on us, hopefully it's worth the wait!
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited December 2013
    It's just a game, a mostly free one(or all free if you want). Stop complaining.
  • Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited December 2013
    If we had the CHRISMTAS update- people would already be complaining that they finished it, and saying the snow is boring and collecting free donuts because they maxed out on the currency already is boring, the complaining never stops! I'm glad they are making us wait. I hope they ae doing it on purpose to make all the complainers SUFFER.
  • Leilani2013
    238 posts
    edited December 2013
    blueroom69 wrote:
    I mean, isn't one of the points of this time of year to slow the heck down and just enjoy stuff?

I thought this time of year was all about coming up with the best excuses to get out of yet another Christmas party and spending money we don't have on things people don't really want but pretend to be happy about receiving. :mrgreen:

So now that we have the whole ridden question solved, could someone please explain why the plural of moose is not meese? If you're wondering, I'm at least 2 sips ahead of y'all on the Bailey's. :lol:
  • thatguywbp
    90 posts
    edited December 2013
    post-23051-goat-on-turtles-gif-The-floor-zmjq.gif
  • Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited December 2013
    thatguywbp wrote:

"The ground is lava!"
  • carlamarie669
    140 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm not fed up with it, it's my first Tapped Out Christmas...

I'm just excited.
  • irishladsoca
    398 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    blueroom69 wrote:
    I mean, isn't one of the points of this time of year to slow the heck down and just enjoy stuff?

I thought this time of year was all about coming up with the best excuses to get out of yet another Christmas party and spending money we don't have on things people don't really want but pretend to be happy about receiving. :mrgreen:

So now that we have the whole ridden question solved, could someone please explain why the plural of moose is not meese? If you're wondering, I'm at least 2 sips ahead of y'all on the Bailey's. :lol:
    perhaps it's the Bailey's or maybe I'm just bored beyond belief but here goes..... Meese...you are not alone in your thinking. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meese
    According to websters it's a non word. meaning it's up for grabs for use. Now would a great time to start an on-line crusade to change the plural of Moose to Meese. Best of luck in your endevour :lol: Where did that pesky bottle go?
    n16MIen.jpg
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited December 2013
    Is this thread for realsies? I'm gone for one day, and I come back to bizarro world....
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited December 2013
    Is this thread for realsies? I'm gone for one day, and I come back to bizarro world....

:twisted: it's going to be a long weekend :twisted:
  • kjamma
    126 posts
    edited December 2013
    Adamcayce wrote:
    thatguywbp wrote:

"The ground is lava!"

Hahahahahahahahah!
  • frogger53
    686 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    You know....you just can't please everybody! Some people just aren't grounded enough to stick with playing this game. So be it. For everyone who leaves, there's someone to take their place.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    This is lame. You have to figure the update will go through NYE. Considering the amount of posts complaining that Halloween was too long, I'd say 3 weeks is plenty.
  • battkatt
    106 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Adamcayce wrote:
    If we had the CHRISMTAS update- people would already be complaining that they finished it, and saying the snow is boring and collecting free donuts because they maxed out on the currency already is boring, the complaining never stops! I'm glad they are making us wait. I hope they ae doing it on purpose to make all the complainers SUFFER.

Exactly!! Sit back and enjoy the game, it's fun when you want it and forgotten when you don't. Like a part time boyfriend! Lol
  • Kizenix
    298 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    This thread needs more views

Bump
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.