EA Forums - Banner

Nothing personal, but...

Replies

• frogger53
    686 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Why is it people don't get the fact that sometimes, when a town has been collected just before you visit, there is little, if anything, left to tap. Brown houses, Kwik-E-Marts, Homer Simpson's house all come back quickly to be collected. I run into this situation all the time, so it's either tap what's available or leave. Then they think your not visiting at all.
  • kungpao214
    301 posts
    edited December 2013
    So you're deleting people who are playing the game the way it was originally intended to be played because they're not abusing a "glitch"?

Just making sure.
  • Ditsy6
    255 posts
    edited December 2013
    I really don't understand why people get so upset by this stuff... If your neighbors take the time to visit at all, be thankful for that. There's no reason to get all Tap-**** on people. It's a game... Yes, I have the Stage and Channel 6 up for tapping too, but if they tap something else I'm not going to flip out and go on a removal spree... I'm just happy when they visit period.

But do whatever... Just remember when you have no active neighbors anymore, simply because you didn't "approve" of their way of playing. :?

• cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Im always just happy that anyone takes time out of their day to visit my town.
  • leepierce
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Perhaps someone can enlighten me… Why do people like it when others graffiti their towns? I understand that cleaning it up keeps your righteousness from nosediving, but if no one graffitied you in the first place, it'd never go down...
  • barrymcerlea
    2095 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I have my Channel 6 in my landing zone with Channel Ocho ready. Just had a neighbour tap my KEM, brown house and flanders house which are all spread out across my town. :roll:
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited December 2013
    leepierce wrote:
    Perhaps someone can enlighten me… Why do people like it when others graffiti their towns? I understand that cleaning it up keeps your righteousness from nosediving, but if no one graffitied you in the first place, it'd never go down...

It can and does go down randomly and dramatically without graffiti.
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited December 2013
    I have my Channel 6 in my landing zone with Channel Ocho ready. Just had a neighbour tap my KEM, brown house and flanders house which are all spread out across my town. :roll:

Are you certain Channel Ocho was available for them to tap? The glitch is glitchy.
  • jlpeters08
    19 posts
    edited December 2013
    I honestly don't care much what people tap in my town. I just assume they are unaware of the glitch or don't have time to search through towns. I have one neighbor who annoys me bc he/she has made the effort to clear away the whole town from the landing area and has just the stage, farm, and TV station there. Not once has this person ever come and tapped on anything in my town.....oh well, I'm still a nice neighbor and visit just about every day and tap what they clearly want tapped.
  • 121ProcessDenied
    57 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    frogger53 wrote:
    Why is it people don't get the fact that sometimes, when a town has been collected just before you visit, there is little, if anything, left to tap. Brown houses, Kwik-E-Marts, Homer Simpson's house all come back quickly to be collected. I run into this situation all the time, so it's either tap what's available or leave. Then they think your not visiting at all.

This is what I run into with three neighbors. I have tried coming back later but it doesn't seem to matter. I am sure that my neighbors run into the same problem with me. I visit my neighborhood hoods several times a day and I have my neighbors running into the same problem as I do. I would never label them as a bad neighbor. They probably had to wait a few minutes for those buildings to show up. I have about 5 neighbors visit a day out of one hundred. I still wouldn't label the non visitors because they visit during the events. Everyone plays differently and those of us that have completed everything and have money up the wazoo, should not have a problem with it.
  • barrymcerlea
    2095 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    fastdan1 wrote:

Are you certain Channel Ocho was available for them to tap? The glitch is glitchy.
    I think so, this happened about 20 minutes ago and 2 others have tapped out since.
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited December 2013
    fastdan1 wrote:

I think so, this happened about 20 minutes ago and 2 others have tapped out since.

That doesn't mean it was available to them. Are they one of the existing handshakes that you haven't cleared? No one knows exactly how all of this works.
  • Pinkspaceangel
    343 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    frogger53 wrote:

When there is nothing left to tap, that's when I graffiti their town. Apparently, people don't usually mind the graffitis. At one point, I didn't want them, but since I purchased many training wall, my stars don't go down anymore if it ever happens.

Can anyone tell how much we are getting for cleaning a graffiti ? Having a tile, and the other big three, I rarely get graffitis in my town.

• fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited December 2013
    frogger53 wrote:

When there is nothing left to tap, that's when I graffiti their town. Apparently, people don't usually mind the graffitis. At one point, I didn't want them, but since I purchased many training wall, my stars don't go down anymore if it ever happens.

Can anyone tell how much we are getting for cleaning a graffiti ? Having a tile, and the other big three, I rarely get graffitis in my town.

I don't know the exact number, and of course it will vary depending on your bonus %, but, it's more than zero, which is what you would have received from that building if they hadn't tapped it.
  • ElliotJ0920
    23 posts
    edited December 2013
    I have one neighbor ignore my corn & Ch6 and go straight to the brown houses. This despite the "Tap -->" sign spelled out in hedges. So I moved the brown houses to the corner away from the landing area, behind the King Homer skyscraper. Next day she still taps the brown houses.

Either she's knowingly messing with my mind or she's got a thing for brown.
  • Dominicanbred
    90 posts
    edited December 2013
    I wouldn't want a neighbor like you based on that. This game isnt about tiles.
  • 121ProcessDenied
    57 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    It is only recently that I found out about the glitches, and before that, I was afraid to touch those special buildings in fear of messing something up for my neighbors. I hate to graffiti because I would hate to trigger the rating dive for my neighbor. I didn't avoid these buildings because I'm a bad neighbor, I avoiding them because I was a good neighbor. I visited my neighbors everyday and did the best I knew how to. Now that I know, I go straight to SP to tap the tile. If the other buildings aren't in the area between the landing strip and SP, is it fair to make your neighbor search your neighborhood for them? I feel that if the neighbor is taking advantage of the glitches that the buildings will be accessible.
  • barrymcerlea
    2095 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    fastdan1 wrote:
    fastdan1 wrote:

That doesn't mean it was available to them. Are they one of the existing handshakes that you haven't cleared? No one knows exactly how all of this works.

Couldn't be, my feeder town is the uncleared handshake :oops:. If they were able to tap it I'm guessing they just don't like me at all...
  • edited December 2013
    I have one neighbor ignore my corn & Ch6 and go straight to the brown houses. This despite the "Tap -->" sign spelled out in hedges. So I moved the brown houses to the corner away from the landing area, behind the King Homer skyscraper. Next day she still taps the brown houses.

Either she's knowingly messing with my mind or she's got a thing for brown.

I don't know why. But I just found this hilariously funny and cannot stop giggling. Not that she's purposely tapping your brown houses, but that she's seeking them out. Actually going out her way to find them even after you've hidden them. And your comment about her having a thing for brown

Ooooh dear..... giggle giggle..... what's wrong with me?! Must be these darn pregnancy hormones. Least I'm not crying for you :)
  • Nipponnay703
    123 posts
    edited December 2013
    I generally don't care what people tap, as long as they visit, and for the last week or so I've been spending a LOT of time visiting all my neighbours and giving the best taps I can. Because of the imminent update and the possibility of the glitch being fixed (just my assumption), I recently put up a sign in my LZ to direct people to my SP just in case they don't know of the glitch.

Since then a lot of people have tapped my SP, 6 and farm, and if they haven't I've not been bothered. I've not been on for the last few hours so I had a lot of buildings up for collection, and someone has just come in and tapped the church next to my LZ, the brown house and the Simpson's house. While normally I wouldn't bat an eyelid, I feel like this person has basically just stuck up their middle finger at me for having the sign, especially since yesterday I gave good taps on two of the mansion type buildings (two buildings I don't have but assume they have a long collection time). I spend a LONG time trying to give good taps to everyone, and even if someone does visit me back more than some others might, if they're going to be an * about it, they can go.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.