EA Forums - Banner

To half of my neighbors :D

In regards to game play, what does everyone else do when they run out of time to visit neighbors?

I just don't. Not all my neighbours visit every day, because they have lives too. I visit if I have the time, if I don't, I don't.
My neighbours seem to cope with me so far :wink:

Replies

• Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    @snowyriver, unless someone has a tile, I don't always visit every 24 hours exactly. If they want someone that obsessed, they can find a new neighbor. Don't worry about those of us that have been playing for awhile. That little bit extra money doesn't mean much. Your personal life comes first. (Unless it's the Xmas update, then forget that. :lol::wink: )
  • porkpiesteve
    229 posts
    edited December 2013
    This week is the last week of school for this semester for me and its been rather hectic.
    Instead of tapping on my town and my neighbors towns, I spent the morning writing a
    paper and going to class.

During lunch I was able to tap half my neighbors and then it was off to class again.
    Tapped a few more during dinner and then it was back to work.

After work I went to a meeting called Family Home Evening and made gingerbread
    houses with some friends :-)

After scraping the ice and snow off my car and getting home my dilemma was to tap the
    rest tonight (and stay up late every night until i skipped a day) or to wait and tap them
    in the morning.

I decided to wait till morning because if i tap while im tired i may mistap something and
    heaven forbid i tap someones brown house by accident *grin* (Thats a federal offense in
    some countries I hear - accidental tappings can lead to deletion)

I apologize for not being able to visit each and every town today but sometimes school and
    work get in the way :mrgreen:

I will be visiting yall in about 12 hours and the half that got visited, see you in 17 hours :-)

In regards to game play, what does everyone else do when they run out of time to visit neighbors?

I really wish we could visit once a day and have the game reset the visits at say midnight because
    if we cant visit till say 10pm then we have to wait 24 hours to visit again. We can always visit later
    in the day but we cant ever visit earlier in the day unless we wait till the next day to get the visits
    back in sync with the mornings or afternoons.

Hey snowy,

You are one of my neighborinos! Dont mind if you dont visit every day, people have lives to lead, I dont get to visit all my friends every day either as much as I try :)
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited December 2013
    The natural tendancy is for visits to get a little later every day. I visit (or try to) my neighbours in 3 batches.... morning lunchtime and evening. And every now and then to keep the timing right, I leave the evening batch til morning, make the previous morning batch my lunchtime, and do the rest in the evening :D

• Leilani2013
    238 posts
    edited December 2013
    Lol on the Christmas update Indy.

Not one of your neighbors, but if I was I wouldn't be upset if you don't visit every day. I'll tell you what I tell my kids. School is your priority right now (work too because everyone needs money), but barring any health or major family issues school should be your main focus. Honestly, I'd lose my mind if I found out either of them put a game ahead of their real life priorities. The Bank of Mom would definitely close over that.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited December 2013
    Hello mate :) You visit when you got time it all good in the hood :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Vary the amount of friends you visit at a time,

Start from end of list or middle or where ever in list.

Skip around during visits

This way you be able to vist at all random time m have friends to visit.

I've been slacking with school I'm glad my friends don't mind.
  • 83jonrotton1
    218 posts
    edited December 2013
    You sound like a terrible neighbour. I'd Delete you so fast. Too bad my only two neighbours deleted me yesterday.
  • amyfurg
    92 posts
    edited December 2013
    Hahaha, I know I don't get to all my neighbors everyday. I have a life... Well, some days.... I do try when there's a event though, like whacking day or Halloween. It's usually in the evening unless I have a day off.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I really wish we could visit once a day and have the game reset the visits at say midnight because
    if we cant visit till say 10pm then we have to wait 24 hours to visit again. We can always visit later
    in the day but we cant ever visit earlier in the day unless we wait till the next day to get the visits
    back in sync with the mornings or afternoons.

I'm not one of your neighborinos, but I agree wholeheartedly with this comment. I wish the timer to visit friends reset at midnight local time instead of 24 hours from the last visit. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, your visit times tend to drift later and later through the week until you need to skip a visit. Resetting at 00:00 local time would allow us to more easily visit every day if we want to, and absolutely would make it easier to visit on our own schedule and more easily fit the game into our lives.
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    That's okay, you've been a great neighbor. I noticed though that you have no tile to tap, are you finished building Squidport?
  • jenichu682
    324 posts
    edited December 2013
    To me, being an active neighbor means visiting at least once every 24 - 72 hours. While it would be great to visit every day, that's at least an hour out of your day.

However, these are non-event visits. When Xmas gets here, expectations will rise and so will my visits.
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    You don't have to apologize for having a life :-)

As you can see, I don't visit your town every day or even every-tother day. However, I will be extremely diligent during the Christmas event, you can bet on that.
  • dmariet16
    189 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Wow! You sound like a great neighbor to me! 75% of my neighbors don't even visit weekly! I actually wonder if some even play any more. If you get deleted for missing 1 day, then you have neighbors who don't live in the real world! Don't sweat it!
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited December 2013
    Actually, a lot of the problems caused by time drift could be solved with something as simple as making the reset period 22 or 23 hours!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.